romeo1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lets talk pre-post hiit cardio nutrition and supplements...

I have jumped on the HIIT cardio bandwagon,but after reading the 25+ pages in the sticky"morning cardio" I still have questions.

First,how much is ideal for pre and post hiit carbs and protein.The common answer was "treat it like a workout",but I question if this is the best answer.It has been my experience that the pre and post workout meals of a workout vary greatly.Some people eat high protein moderate carb meals,some people eat moderate carb and moderate protein, some eat very high carbs(80+ grams, sometimes up to 120 grams) and moderate protein ,some people eat low carb and low protein ETC.
    Basicly,there is a bunch of combonations for both pre and post workout meals,so saying "just treat it like a workout meal" may not be too good,because some people will eat an apple,and some will have a a bunch of dextrose and a couple servings of protein powder.

So what is the "ideal" amount of carbs and protein? I am guessing in the 20-40 gram range for both,but hopefully someone will have a good answer.

Also,I have both glutamine and creatine,but I use none at the moment.I dont really know if creatine is a good ideal when cutting or not,but I have heard that glutamine is.While cutting,how do I take them.I know that creatine should be taken with grape juice,but I wouldnt want to take grape juice repeatedly for obvious reasons when cutting.I have no idea how I should take glutamine,how much I should take and when,so hopefully someone can help me out with this.

With that out the way,how should I take these 2 supplements when doing HIIT cardio.I read Eric Satterwhite's article about HIIT cardio,and he recommends taking both creatine and glutamine,but I dont remember him specifically saying how much and when(though I should go read it again).Any idea how much I should take and when (pre or post etc).

Thanks in advance.

bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    SW: 305 lbs (June 15th, 2003)
    CW: 186.5 lbs (Aug 9th, 2004)
    Initial GW: 205 lbs met Mar 29, 2004
    2nd GW: 190 lbs met May 31, 2004
    New GW: 185 lbs met June 28th, 2004

There is no magic pill, just lots of hard work and dedication.