Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500)

Keeping the Muscle, Losing the Fat!!

Hello,

During the past 4 months, I have maintained my BF%, while adding on a good deal of muscle. I look really cut when I flex, but I still have a lot of fat on top, which makes it hard to see my gains.

I'm really happy with my muscle gains, but I need to lose 50 lbs, WITHOUT LOSING ANY MUSCLE, JUST MAINTAINING THE MUSCLE I HAVE WOULD BE GREAT!!!

Also, until 4 months ago, I had not lifted any weights since high school (10 years ago)

My stats:
    5'7, 205, 24% bf

My goal in 6 months:
    - keeping the muscle i have
    - 155, 10% bf

Is this realistic????

Thank you,

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Keeping ALL the muscle you have?...not realistic nor is it going to happen.

I also don't understand how you look "cut" when you flex if you're at 24% bodyfat but I guess that's irrelevant lol.

Again, since you will be losing some muscle, you can't necessarily say that 50 pounds will bring you down to 10% bodyfat.

Other than that 6 months is a good time. At least you aren't one of the types of people that says "oh my gosh I have a beach party next weekend and need to lose 10 pounds quick!".....congrats on that....cutting takes time. Good luck.

Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500) Man_of_Men is not very helpful. (-500)
    Im not completely cut when I flex, but you can see good definition, my upper abs and a pretty cut chest. Maybe I'm close to 20%, but that's not the point.

Just want to know if it's possible to lose 50 lbs in 6 months, without losing any muscle.

Just a note, my best friend has been lifting with me, but he's also been doing HIIT, and during these 4 months, he's been able to lose 25 lbs and put on about 10 lbs of muscle...I'm thinkin it's just freak genetics
    Last edited by Man_of_Men; 06-08-2004 at 06:32 PM.