jibbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

a couple new pics, tell me what you think.

i know i have alot of work to do, my main goal right now is to get a nice set of abs. can someone try to guesstime my bf%?
    Attached Images

another pic
    Attached Images

t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000) t0mmy is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

good traps. I think u need to concentrate more on your arms. Your forearms are lagging.
    University of Florida '11

hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hypertrophy6669 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeh your traps are decent, work on those arms and ur chest.

muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: a couple new pics, tell me what you think.

Originally posted by jibbie
    i know i have alot of work to do, my main goal right now is to get a nice set of abs. can someone try to guesstime my bf%?
    I am going to say uh 12-14 percent BF.
    Remember, a 6 pack is made in the kitchen. You can make them pop if you do weighted exercises--leg lifts, crunches, etc.
    Check some of these out:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...cle=Abdominals

Also, read up in the articles and stickies.

Re: Re: a couple new pics, tell me what you think.

Originally posted by muscl_savant
    I am going to say uh 12-14 percent BF.
    Remember, a 6 pack is made in the kitchen. You can make them pop if you do weighted exercises--leg lifts, crunches, etc.
    Check some of these out:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exer...cle=Abdominals

Also, read up in the articles and stickies.
    12-14% seems a lil low to me, but i am still a newbie. anyone else have a guesstimate?

16/M/WA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    12-14% looks right

Originally posted by 16/M/WA
    12-14% looks right
    so, do you think that if i hit my ABS really hard, they would show through, or do i still need to lose more fat?

Var has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Var has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Var has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Var has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'll have to lose fat.

muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) muscl_savant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

fat loss?

Originally posted by Var
    You'll have to lose fat.
    Bump.

It is too bad that most of your fat is right around your belly button. You'll have to lose total body fat to get rid of it there and show off your pack. Once your skin is thin, your abs will show. Then, you'll see that you need to do some kind of weighted exercise--not situps or doing nothing to get that "ice cubes under the skin" look.

So, you need a cutting diet and an abs routine.

Go for it, dude.

Re: fat loss?

Bump.

It is too bad that most of your fat is right around your belly button. You'll have to lose total body fat to get rid of it there and show off your pack. Once your skin is thin, your abs will show. Then, you'll see that you need to do some kind of weighted exercise--not situps or doing nothing to get that "ice cubes under the skin" look.

So, you need a cutting diet and an abs routine.

Go for it, dude.
    thanks man, im workin hard on it.

Re: Re: fat loss?

thanks man, im workin hard on it.
    If you are really into cutting, look at the different kinds of Ketogenic diets--CKD, TKD, etc. They get you off carbs (they can turn into body fat faster than anything) and cut you up fast. Also, if you want the best cardio, HIIT seems to work for lots of dudes. They have it on the Muscle Media site:

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

I'm sure it will work with whatever cardio you're using, but variety boosts the effect--running, cycling, stepper.

If you don't like HIIT, just use the 220 rule (subtract your age from 220 and multiply by .50 to .65) to get your heart rate during your workout, and keep it there the whole time. Twenty minutes gets your hormones adjusted for burning fat, so you should do cardio at least that long.

Good luck.

Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you look familiar. Are you from oklahoma? Well anyway your pics are pretty good. IMO ketogenic diets are not a good idea for someone like you. I think HIIT would work well or 40/40/20

hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hunk10387 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eat boi eat!
    Make your own homeade weight gainer.
    lift heavy.
    do no cardio.
    eat when you are hungry.
    eat when you are bored.
    eat when you are tired.
    eat when you are full.
    eat when you wake up.
    eat before you go to bed.
    eat instead of talking.
    sleep at least 8 hrs a day.
    take a multivitamin.
    BE PATIENT, YOU WONT GET MASSIVE OVER NIGHT.

"Eat big to get big" - Uninspired

NO KETO

Originally posted by Vayne_E
    you look familiar. Are you from oklahoma? Well anyway your pics are pretty good. IMO ketogenic diets are not a good idea for someone like you. I think HIIT would work well or 40/40/20
    Just so we all know why to switch to 40/40/20, please explain Vayne.

Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: NO KETO

Just so we all know why to switch to 40/40/20, please explain Vayne.
    didn't mean to offend you. The thing is for guys like us (fast metabolism and skinny) a keto diet tends to make you lose to much weight to fast (at least w/ me) I lost about 15 pounds in only 5 weeks and I got weak. Also I hated the cravings that went along w/ it. 40/40/20 is a much healthier diet that can help you slowly lose the weight that you want. Slower is better. Just my opinion that it's better

thanks for all the responses. i do at least 30 mins of cardio a day, and keep simple carbs and saturated fats to a minumum.

i know i dont have the best body, but i think im doing well as i have very bad genetics. im the only member of my immediate family that is not obese. my older brother is around 400 lbs (scale only goes to 350) and my LITTLE SISTER is pushin 250. seems that whenever i bulk, i put on a high amount a fat, and when i cut, i lose alot of muscle. bad genetics. not to mention that fact that theres never a shortage of cakes and snacks to tempt me in this house. i just keep in mind that everyone on this site and in the bodybuilding world has some sort of obstacle; be it genetics, time, income.

Vayne, im from the philadelphia area.

Re: Re: NO KETO

didn't mean to offend you. The thing is for guys like us (fast metabolism and skinny) a keto diet tends to make you lose to much weight to fast (at least w/ me) I lost about 15 pounds in only 5 weeks and I got weak. Also I hated the cravings that went along w/ it. 40/40/20 is a much healthier diet that can help you slowly lose the weight that you want. Slower is better. Just my opinion that it's better
    No offense taken. Just wanted to learn something. I don't last long on low carb days--I get weak, too. Thanks, Vayne_E.

Jibbie-- you are doing pretty good. Just keep at it. Losing fat slowly is better than quickly if you want to keep all the muscle. For bulking, you might want to up your protein to make sure your gains are mostly muscle--that works for some dudes. Also, remember that your body can only absorb 30 grams of protein per meal, so get some at every meal and eat at least 6 meals, if not 8.
    Last edited by muscl_savant; 06-22-2004 at 10:57 PM.

mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000) mindraper is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by hunk10387
    eat boi eat!
    bump!
    "Also I do recommend steroids for all depressed males, and not anti depressants." - Nasser El Sonbaty IFBB PRO 2007

cutting for a 6 pack

thanks for all the responses. i do at least 30 mins of cardio a day, and keep simple carbs and saturated fats to a minumum.

i know i dont have the best body, but i think im doing well as i have very bad genetics. im the only member of my immediate family that is not obese. my older brother is around 400 lbs (scale only goes to 350) and my LITTLE SISTER is pushin 250. seems that whenever i bulk, i put on a high amount a fat, and when i cut, i lose alot of muscle. bad genetics. not to mention that fact that theres never a shortage of cakes and snacks to tempt me in this house. i just keep in mind that everyone on this site and in the bodybuilding world has some sort of obstacle; be it genetics, time, income.

Vayne, im from the philadelphia area.
    So, you are a natural endomorph. No wonder you want to cut. 8 meals per day of a clean diet will help keep you lean. Also, if you bulk with lots of protein you can grow some muscle and that will raise your metabolism. The best way to bulk is to follow the 20 rule. Your daily calories should be about 20 times your body weight in lbs. If you weigh 170, multiply by 20 to get 3400 daily calories. For protein, multiply 1.5 times your weight in lbs. 170 times 1.5 is 255 grams per day--spread out evenly over those 8 meals. Following the rules will keep you leaner. Since you are an endomorph, you might think about that ketogenic diet stuff. You can also do it every other day or so when cutting.

But, your BF% really isn't that bad. Lift properly and bulk clean. You can gain a lot of muscle and get lean when you need to. Good luck dude.

Re: Re: NO KETO

I just read something in the current Muscle & Fitness. It said Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) give you energy for workouts--especially cardio. I tried it once a while back. I was dragging, then the BCAAs kicked in. I had tons of energy. Also, maybe you stayed on the keto diet too long. Try a day on, a day off (maybe 2). You could also alternate with 40/40/20 on those off days.