La creme de la creme rick martel's Avatar
    rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Building a outside gym

Im gonna build a gym (not me personally), in the back of my garden, either a shed or a log cabin. Im wondering from people who have home gyms, what is a good size to accompany all the equipment, height and width , length.

theres gonna be a powerack in there, which is around 96 inches in height, so the ceiling should be around 100 inches tall right?

im thinking of 24X14 feet. any opinions appreciated.

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    24x14 would be a nice size. Mine's 12x16 with no ceiling, just roof.
    If all I had in it was workout equipment, it'd be plenty of room. If you're gonna chin off a 96 inch high rack, you'll only have 4 inches of clearance with a 100 inch ceiling. If you go with exposed rafters (no ceiling) that won't be a problem. Good luck with it and lumber prices

MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50) MisterT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Be sure to have some electricity for music and maybe even a window unit! I don't know about your part of the world, but it gets hot as Hades here in SC, not to mention the humidity makes it seem hotter!

delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000) delta9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to get a home gym too in my backyard when my dad finihe's building the patio, that should be before summer. Man I can't wait till I get my home gym.
    Lumber does cost a lot and so does cement.

My question is will the equipment be okay being outside in the patio?
    Pyramid Paradigm?

http://www.jackherer.com/ Prove Jack Herer wrong and get $100,000.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Building a outside gym

Originally posted by rick martel
    theres gonna be a powerack in there, which is around 96 inches in height, so the ceiling should be around 100 inches tall right?
    If you plan to do chins or pullups on the rack's crossbar, you'll want a little more room for your head.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by delta9
    In California, probably, unless the humidity in your area (near the Pacific) is high, then make sure everything is either well-painted or chromed.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Think higher ceiling, think CEILING FAN!
    You're gonna want it.
    OK, I have a full power rack setup in my house with an 84" PR and a ceiling fan, VKR chin dip, etc.. in a 12 x 14 room and it is FULL.
    24 x 14 should be plenty and allow for additional equipment down the road. Go with a 10' ceiling and a couple of big windows for breeze.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by delta9
    As long as it is a covered patio, you should be OK.
    Paint any nicks quickly and wipe down equipment regularly. I would get some kind of cover for it in the wintertime/storm season.
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

La creme de la creme rick martel's Avatar
    rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50) rick martel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I see, ill probably get a shorter power rack and go max 10 foot roof with 8 foot on wall side and 10 in center/arch. Also, i ment with a power rack other stuff would be a bench, set of hex dumbells + rack/barbell+weights/EZ curl, crunch mat and maybe a stationary bike if there is enough room.

other accessories would include, a fan yeah, im not sure about ceiling, but maybe 2 on each side of the room on the floor, industrial ones. a mains socket is inside the old shed currently. Windows, 2 X 2x3 foot. some rubber flooring, big mirror, mini jukebox, few plants, few circle lights, and maybe a portable heater in winter.

im wondering if it would fit.

ill post a picture when its completed. thanks

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

sounds great. I wish I could make a home gym. I've got a basement but the ceiling is only just six foot high - I'm six one so basically it`'s a no go.