Registered User Smokey the Bear's Avatar
    Smokey the Bear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Just finished up a 5x5, looking for reccomendations on my next routine (HST?)

Age- 19
    6'1, 170 lbs
    Training for about 1.5 years
    Looking to build mass
    Just finished a 5x5 routine, 4 days/week, 2 day split
    On this routine for about 12 weeks
    Saw some minor gains with this, nothing too great
    Take my diet seriously, high protein, low fat diet

I'm looking to gain some mass...I got decent gains with Max-OT and my 5x5, so I want to try something other than these. I'm thinking about starting up 8 weeks of HST...has anyone had good experience with this? Otherwise, if anyone has other good recommendations, I'd appreciate it!

Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Duckenheimer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You might be better off picking a simple routine based around 5-10 compound exercises and getting stronger in it every week for a year than worry about 8 week cycles. Then you'll grow, though you'll need sufficient reps and food. Rippetoes seems like your best bet, but the individual routine isn't nearly as important as the dues you pay in poundage and calorie progression.
    Interested in investing in militarizing poultry? Based in our Southernmost continent, no local taxes, no laws to worry about, guaranteed return! PM for further details