VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does this look like a "Low Carb" day?

Does this look like a low carb day (its not complete. This is just today's intake SO FAR. But I'll only be adding protein from shakes and maybe 6g more carbs)

cals: 1361
    fat: 29.75g
    carbs: 101g -60 came from green peas
    protein: 151g

and my bodyweight is 164 lbs.

oh and I ask according to carb cycling: low, moderate, and high carb days.

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Woah man, definitely up the calories. I am guessing you read this article?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

You are starving yourself by eating that little. I suggest adding 60 grams of carbs to make it your low carb day, but also add more fat and more protein.

Maybe follow something like

160 grams carbs
    220 grams protein
    60 grams fat

Total of 2060 calories

Might need to increase/decrease amount based on your progress. Remember to eat as few carbs as possible on your no carb day. Limit your carb sources to leafy greens and maybe a few peanuts/seeds on that day. Good luck, it worked for me and I hardly even did cardio.
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50) VashX80 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just have no idea what my maintence caloric intake is. I know its a ton of carbs tho (I dont put on fat so I typically dont bother worrying about what I eat).

Is it okay for me to eat pb on white bread while cutting? can't stand it on wheat, and that'll add to my carbs some.

Thank you VERY much. Carb cycling and cutting in general confuse me.

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To be honest, your results would be better if you had peanut butter on 100% whole wheat bread rather than white bread. White bread has a slightly higher GI and less nutrients than wheat, so the wise decision would be to go with the wheat.

And just a side note... you might want to vary your carb sources a little bit, 60% from peas is a lot! So add some oats, sweet potatoes, whole grains, etc. for more variety. Implement the information from that link, and you'll be set to go man.

PSU

The link isn't loading for me for some reason.

Yeah the peas were only half a cup also. I had a couple biscuits this morning which upped it A LOT so that needs to be cut out.

Edit:: got the link to work. I've actually read the entire article before. I just cant remember all of it lol. I'll read it again.

Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500) Sockomalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JerG View Post
    To be honest, your results would be better if you had peanut butter on 100% whole wheat bread rather than white bread. White bread has a slightly higher GI and less nutrients than wheat, so the wise decision would be to go with the wheat.

And just a side note... you might want to vary your carb sources a little bit, 60% from peas is a lot! So add some oats, sweet potatoes, whole grains, etc. for more variety. Implement the information from that link, and you'll be set to go man.
    lol no they wouldnt. and the GI doesnt matter, as adding peanut butter to either will lower the GI. yes the whole wheat is somewhat healthier(most whole wheat are still junk unless you get some good whole grain stuff) but its not gonna make any difference in your results, maybe .0001%
    Maybe it's hatred I spew, maybe it's food for the spirit
    Maybe it's beautiful music I made for you to just cherish
    But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America
    as a motherf**kin drug addict - like you didn't experiment?
    Now now, that's when you start to stare at who's in the mirror
    and see yourself as a kid again, and you get embarrased
    And I got nothin to do but make you look stupid as parents
    You f**kin do-gooders - too bad you couldn't do good at marriage!

*bump* I want to see more on that last bit.

Oh and does this look like an okay cycle:

Mon: High Carb
    Tues: No Carb
    Wed: Low Carb
    Thurs: High Carb
    Fri: No Carb
    Sat: Low Carb
    Sun: Low Carb

I have Tues and Thurs as High Carb because those are my chest days and the article says to keep your heaviest/hardest days as high carb.

Edit: Could Sunday be a no carb day?

And I didn't know what to do with Sunday so i just made it low.
    Last edited by VashX80; 05-20-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Wherever I go, there I am tuberacer49's Avatar
    tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tuberacer49 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Up you calories man. And get more healthy fats, too. You should be taking in about 2000 calories on a 40/40/20 split. You can go lower on carbs if you can, just increase your fat intake.

Originally Posted by tuberacer49 View Post
    That looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Up you calories man. And get more healthy fats, too. You should be taking in about 2000 calories on a 40/40/20 split. You can go lower on carbs if you can, just increase your fat intake.

Yeah... I got that from the other guy. And I already increased my calories for today.
    And I DID say that was all I had taken in SO FAR today. I was planning to eat more than that to begin with.

cals: 2201
    fat: 66.75
    Carbs: 165
    Protein :223.9

Thats where I'm at now. And I have fish oil caps for my healthy fats if I dont get much from actual food.

*bump* tell me what you think of the cycle.

siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000) siamesedream is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like a low-everything day.

Originally Posted by VashX80 View Post
    Oh and does this look like an okay cycle:

I have Tues and Thurs as High Carb because those are my chest days and the article says to keep your heaviest/hardest days as high carb.

I meant THAT cycle. Not the stuff from the starter post.

pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pologod05 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VashX80 View Post

just a thought: due to what carbs do with the body (promote rebuilding of muscles after workouts, give energy, that kind of stuff) i would say that your high carb days should either be on leg day since those are the biggest muscles and they use the most energy, or on your weakest body part. layne norton recommends doing your refeed on the day that you train your weakest part since all the carbs may give you a sort of anabolic boost.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

he also carb cycling for his contest prep, but i dont remember where the link for that is. ill repost if i can find it.

**EDIT** here is that link. about 3/4 of the way down the page. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne40.htm

Your cycle looks good, but like pologod05 said, you should put your high carb days on your leg days. If you only have one leg day, then put a high carb day there, and then the other on your chest day or maybe back day (unless you have these days back-to-back). Remember not to have high carb days or no carb days twice in a row.

Here's another really good article on carb cycling. It's part 2 of the link I already gave you: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par32.htm

And the white bread/ 100% whole wheat bread thing- the difference isn't big, but it's a difference. Whole wheat bread supplies better nutrients, more fiber, and more protein. I'll admit, there's not a huge difference though. Whole wheat is just better, and when I cut, I try to do what's best. That's all.

PSU

SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yes i found that the best way around getting cals is uping the fat content on those days, and the days i dont do low carb lower the fat.

for ex.

today i might get 2400 cals

70-90 g fat
    300-350 g protein
    90< of carbs

i would love to get all my 2400 cals from protein today but for thats an insanse amount more protein to consume that most will go to waste.. But since carb calories will be up, theres no reason to consume more than say....25 g of fat on higher carb days.

so tommorow it will look like
    25 g fat
    250-300 g of protein
    240 + or - g of carbs

SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SoWise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by pologod05 View Post
    just a thought: due to what carbs do with the body (promote rebuilding of muscles after workouts, give energy, that kind of stuff) i would say that your high carb days should either be on leg day since those are the biggest muscles and they use the most energy, or on your weakest body part. layne norton recommends doing your refeed on the day that you train your weakest part since all the carbs may give you a sort of anabolic boost.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

he also carb cycling for his contest prep, but i dont remember where the link for that is. ill repost if i can find it.

**EDIT** here is that link. about 3/4 of the way down the page. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne40.htm
    normally i switch up my body part that i work every week so theres a nice rotation of what will get worked the hardest on the days i consume carbs..so last tuesday (one of my high carb days) it was legs, and tommorow (again another high carb day) will be back.