Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Go Terps! is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Zinc and sex drive

Has anyone ever heard of taking zinc to increase male sex drive. Also, I hear it can increase the force and volume of ejaculation. The recommendation was for 3 times the normal dosage, but I heard elsewhere that up to 150 mg a day is OK.

Bob Wills wannabe cowboyathlete's Avatar
    Stats: 6'2", 223 lbs
    BodyPoints: 9082
    cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboyathlete has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit cowboyathlete's BodySpace

Lightbulb Re: Zinc and sex drive

Originally posted by Go Terps!
    Has anyone ever heard of taking zinc to increase male sex drive. Also, I hear it can increase the force and volume of ejaculation. The recommendation was for 3 times the normal dosage, but I heard elsewhere that up to 150 mg a day is OK.
    Not sure if there is a tit for tat connection between zinc and blowing your wad, but it is DEFINITELY recommended for prostate health!!! Zinc is a supplement that every guy who cares about his pecker should be taking, even if not a bodybuilder (that and selenium and vitamin E). However, 150 mg a day is much higher than what I have heard. What I have read is that levels that high can actually depress your immune system a bit. I take a 50 mg tablet daily. That plus whatever zinc is in my multi vitamin and mineral tablet, plus what is in my meal replacement powder, seem to do me just fine. And my boys seem to work just fine.
    1. I thought all along you'd be the death of me, but I met one tonight who wants what's left of me!
    2. You are so full of s***, maintenance is still unclogging the toilet.
    3. Save a horse, ride a cowboy!
    4. This mission does not exist, nor will it ever exist.
    5. I'd like to check you for ticks.