Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

We don't have to worry too much about the calories coming from protein right?
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"
    - "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    - "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250) warped has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Absolutely! When you are eating 250g of protein a day that is 1000 calories!
    Be accountable

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

Originally posted by Faitless
    Yes, you do.

Excess caloric intake, from any macronutrient, is something to be concerned about.

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A calories is a calorie. However, if it is from protein, as opposed to sugar, its way better.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

that is correct- you don't have to worry too much about them- you do need to keep your calories at an acceptable number. The overwhelming majority of people that get fat get that way due to the insulin response triggered by high consumption of refined carbohydrates- too much food with sugar and flour.

johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

Originally posted by tokki
    A calories is a calorie. However, if it is from protein, as opposed to sugar, its way better.
    Illogicial statement.

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

Originally posted by johnnyironboard
    Illogicial statement.
    500 calories from a chocolate bar will have no nutritional benefits. They are purely empty calories. Now, get 500 calories from a nutritionally rich source and you will be far better off. So it isnt illogical.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

500 calories from a chocolate bar will have no nutritional benefits. They are purely empty calories. Now, get 500 calories from a nutritionally rich source and you will be far better off. So it isnt illogical.
    A calorie is not a calorie. Eat 3000 calories per day from protein and fat for two months and measure your body comp and then eat 3000 calories per day with a lot of it being from foods made with sugar and flour and measure your body comp (you can take all the vitamins/minerals you want). A calorie is important but what it does with respect to insulin is more important from a weight gain/loss perspective.

bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bakers11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It sounds like you two agree, but just disagree on how it was originally stated.
    SW: 305 lbs (June 15th, 2003)
    CW: 186.5 lbs (Aug 9th, 2004)
    Initial GW: 205 lbs met Mar 29, 2004
    2nd GW: 190 lbs met May 31, 2004
    New GW: 185 lbs met June 28th, 2004

There is no magic pill, just lots of hard work and dedication.

Calorie theory- while useful- is a Y=Mx, with x being the only variable calories, approach to something that would probably be better modeled with a very complicated partial differential equation.

Fat gain/loss is a function of:

a. Calories consumed.
    b. GI of carbs consumed.
    c. hormone levels which vary during the day so that would be a function of time. And multi-hormones at that.
    d. Basal metabolic rate which varies during the day so that would be a function of time.
    e. excercise- duration, frequency, and intensity would probably have to be modeled separately.

and the list goes on and on.

Red face Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

A calorie is not a calorie. Eat 3000 calories per day from protein and fat for two months and measure your body comp and then eat 3000 calories per day with a lot of it being from foods made with sugar and flour and measure your body comp (you can take all the vitamins/minerals you want). A calorie is important but what it does with respect to insulin is more important from a weight gain/loss perspective.
    DUuuuuuuh. Thanks for totally copying what I said before you and saying it right back at me. I really enjoy reading my own words.

Re: Re: Question About Calories Coming From Protein.

We are 180 degrees apart. A calorie IS NOT a calorie.

Location: But the time has come when all good things shall pass.
    Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Faitless is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Question Confused.

Contradicting Arguments
    - "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog."
    - "What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve"
    - "Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    - "That which will not kill you will only make you stronger!."
    - "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight."
    - "Shortcuts are for pussies. You need to work your ass off."

Re: Confused.

Contradicting Arguments
    correct. His statement is illogical. If a calorie is a calorie is does not care where it comes from. A protein calorie is different than a low gi carb calorie which is different than a high gi carb calorie.

Shorttie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shorttie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shorttie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shorttie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To anwser your orginal question , no you dont have to worry about eating too much protein jus dont go over 3g per lb. which is VERY hard to do anyways, also eating a vitamin b-complex everyday will help you digest more protein and pineapple juice has enzymes that also help you digest more of it. Hope that helps u on yer way!

Re: Re: Confused.

correct. His statement is illogical. If a calorie is a calorie is does not care where it comes from. A protein calorie is different than a low gi carb calorie which is different than a high gi carb calorie.
    Stop with this GI garbage, I put ZERO stock into the GI index, because looking at my stats and my physique you would never guess I eat tons of high GI carbs. 3 or 4 bananas a day, grapes, orange juice, potatoes and rice which I have continued doing over the last 2 weeks, when I have been out of the gym due to minor surgery and unable to train. Now, I have not noticed any weight gain at all, I will be back in the gym in 3 weeks and I will go back with the same physique and bodyfat%.

I'm SUPER thanks 4 asking Superdude87's Avatar
    Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Superdude87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: Re: Re: Confused.

Stop with this GI garbage, I put ZERO stock into the GI index, because looking at my stats and my physique you would never guess I eat tons of high GI carbs. 3 or 4 bananas a day, grapes, orange juice, potatoes and rice which I have continued doing over the last 2 weeks, when I have been out of the gym due to minor surgery and unable to train. Now, I have not noticed any weight gain at all, I will be back in the gym in 3 weeks and I will go back with the same physique and bodyfat%.

Let me get this straight...because you have nice physique, are in great shape and obviously have a nice metabolism the GI index does not exist?

Makes sense to me!

Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Re: Confused.

You and he are agreeing. He just put it in a weird way and you knew what he was talking about too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Confused.

Originally posted by Superdude87
    Let me get this straight...because you have nice physique, are in great shape and obviously have a nice metabolism the GI index does not exist?

Makes sense to me!
    I worked for this physique, I used to be a tad on the overweight side. The stupidity of the whole GI thing, which Im not disputing does play SOME part in our weight management, is that many of the high GI foods are so much healthy, that a person choosing to eliminate them from their diet would be losong out big time. This is where Atkins is a freaking sin. Eliminating the fruits and upping the cholesterol and fat intake. My old diet was heavy on meat and light on fruits and veggies, something I have changed. The GI table should be an afterthought, not something people base their diets on. Nobody got sick on a diet full of fruit like bananas, watermelon, figs or apricots and light on the true offenders in our diets: not the high GI carbs but the fats and cholesterol in meat, eggs and dairy.