mattjean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Beginner looking to gain muscle mass, which supplements?

Hi guys thanks for opening my thread! I'm starting my fitness journey of losing body fat and gaining muscle and I figured this is the place where i'd get the best guidance. I'm a 24 year old male 5'9 and 145 lbs. My ultimate goal is to grow my arms and legs and lose tummy fat. I did some research and purchased some supplements to get started including Gold Whey protein and Best Creatine by BPI sports. I also take one a day's multivitamins and omega 3 fish oil daily. I need a routine that will get me the best results. When should I take these supplements? Are there better supplements out there for a beginner like myself? Should I take something else in conjunction with protein and creatine? Also any gym advice? I currently do the basic machines at Youfit for legs, arms, abs ..etc when should I do cardio workouts? I have not ventured into the weight area as of yet because I don't feel experienced enough. Any advice would help! Thanks

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    At 5'9", 145, I'm not sure how much fat you have to lose, but those are counter goals. Pick one and focus on it and switch as wanted/needed.

Results for fat loss are dictated by diet. You shouldn't have purchased supplements you don't know how to use or when. What you bought is fine, but supplements make up a very small portion of success. Diet, training, hydration and rest are all far more important.

Would suggest the following:
    1) Head to the nutrition forums. Read the stickies and apply what you'll learn. Track.
    2) Head to the workout forums. Find a simply progressive weight training program. Implement and stick to it.
    3) Use powdered food (your protein powder) to help meet your macro if you need the help.
    4) Use fish oil and vitamin around your meals. 2g of combined EPA/DHA per day on the fish oil.
    5) Use the creatine whenever is convenient. Timing isn't relevant.
    6) If you're looking to gain mass, I'd skip cardio. That's just more food and calories you'll need to ingest.
    7) Find the weight training program, then look for form videos. Watch the videos, start with light weight/no weight and practice form. Ask for help if you need it.
    8) This is a marathon, not a sprint. Patience will be key
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lift heavy and consistent. Eat more than you burn. Take creatine. #success
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    This. If you are not gaining size/mass while training, then it is simply because you are not eating enough.

Do you know roughly how many calories/macros you should be consuming to help you achieve weight gain? If not, I'd recommend reading through the nutrition section stickies.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Im blue daba di daba di.. ChrisSWE's Avatar
    ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChrisSWE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If nothing works, carnivore diet. Nah, just joking. Or am i?

Anyway, dont rush. You will not gain muscle fast. It takes time and comitment. So many people stress out when they dont c the results they want. Keep your diet good, with lots of protein and lift heavy. And years later, results will come.

AND i would not skip cardio, you will gain weight. But that is most likely fat.
    /10

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChrisSWE View Post
    AND i would not skip cardio, you will gain weight. But that is most likely fat.
    Oh geez.

Of course you'll gain weight if you're bulking. Do you think that when hypertrophy occurs that muscle weighs nothing??

Cardio isn't keeping fat off if you're at a caloric surplus to TDEE. It may shrink the surplus, but it isn't requisite. One could just eat less or one could eat more and use cardio to manage it. There is nothing that says if one is doing cardio that they will not gain fat while bulking. The amount of fat gained is based on the amount of surplus to TDEE.

I love when we just talk about of our rear ends.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

pintorob is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First you will need to do some research and make a decision on which style of lifting you would like to perform Bodybuilding or power lifting.
    https://ohiofitnessgarage.com/ USAW L1

Registered User FormulaLT1poweR's Avatar
    FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FormulaLT1poweR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Basic and simple advice.

Calories need to be in a surplus, take .8g - 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, 5g of creatine mono.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Beginner? No need for any supplements.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Registered User Spartanbaziotis's Avatar
    Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000)
    *Iron* supplement is all you need, brother (Just a play on words if that wasn't clear. Just lift weights). Don't be afraid of the weight room, the biggest baddest dude was a beginner once. That being said, nothing wrong with taking any of the stuff you bought. Newbie gains are killer on their own though. Anything you need to know you'll find on this site, so take advantage and don't get down when the douche bros roast you haha.
    I'm back?

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make sure to have a well-rounded diet and include vegetables/fruits.
    They become quite charming when you realize you need to maintain that youthful glow.