Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RR31892 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Mix Creatine With Glutamine

Can you take creatine along with glutamine ? It is more convienent that way but I dont want to take it if they should cancel each other out.

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RR31892 View Post
    Can you take creatine along with glutamine ? It is more convienent that way but I dont want to take it if they should cancel each other out.
    Well, I don't understand the reasoning behind supplementing glutamine.... but there is no problem taking glutamine and creatine together.
    ~

Wherever progression lacks.... regress can be found in abundance.

liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50) liGymRatt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NO HYPE View Post
    Well, I don't understand the reasoning behind supplementing glutamine.... but there is no problem taking glutamine and creatine together.
    yeah you can take them together... but i'm not a glutamine fan either....

L-Arginine and L-Ornithine BABY!!!! try them out, they are nojoke together!!!

WHITE FLOOD from CONTROLLED LABS... give it a shot

~Mad Man of the Sea~ MacGyverDel's Avatar
    MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Cool Well this is not the first time I've commented on this

#1 Glutamine is right up there with protein powder and creatine as a must that everyone should be taking. Fortunately many PP's have glutamine in the mix but I personally choose to add more to my daily intake.
    After reading many articles on both glutamine and creatine and from at this point experience I choose to take them seperately.
    On a daily basis I take up to 6 scoops of my protein powder( ALLMAX Tri-way ) which has 25g of protein and 5g of glutamine per scoop. I add 10g - 15g to my pre workout shake on lifting days, 5g before bed ( I don't take pp before bed), and anytime during the day on non-workout days.
    #2 check this and other links of info
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/inmag6.htm
    As for creatine I take 10g a day maintenance which I consume in my post wo shake on workout days and anytime on other days.
    Although I believe in keeping it simple glutamine is a must period!
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Healthy Body Healthy Mind

NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NO HYPE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MacgyverDel View Post
    #1 Glutamine is right up there with protein powder and creatine as a must that everyone should be taking.
    I strongly disagree. Here's why....

With the exception of supplemental glutamine's beneficial role in gastrointestinal disorders (and general gut health), sepsis, and for the recovery from trauma and or surgery.... there's not much sense in administering a product that is very much limited in it's availability for physiological uptake, due to the fact that it's endogenous levels (prior to supplementation) are double the concentration of any other amino acid within the human body (1). Besides.... it's already synthesised within the body in large amounts, found in food, and found in significant amounts within a protein shake.

Endogenous glutamine plays a detrimental role in physiological homeostasis. It plays an equally important role in immune system functions, and most of the glutamine that is utilized for this purpose is naturally synthesized in vivo, and is supplied by the plasma glutamine. In healthy adults, the standard reference ranges for plasma glutamine are around 500-1000 mol/L (2), and do not require supplementation to maintain those figures.

Supplemental glutamine would only benefit us if our intracellular muscle glutamine concentrations were depleted. There are numerous studies that indicate no intracellular muscle glutamine depletion whatsoever following extensive exercise, but even if we do experience some glutamine attenuation.... we are still producing it within us, and getting it through our diet.

In healthy adults, dietary consumption of glutamine has been estimated to be around 5 grams per day (3). Foods such as meat, fish, dairy products, eggs, beans, cabbage, spinach, parsley, beets, ect. are all common sources. A single 3-oz serving of meat contains around 3-4 grams of glutamine. (4)

Now let's add on top of all that, the fact that an average 50 gram protein shake, there's about 4.5+ grams of glutamine. So for a 150 lb individual at only 2 protein shakes a day, that's around 9-10 grams of supplemental glutamine.

So for those of you that feel that glutamine is worth supplementing, we're looking at a minimum of around 15+ grams of glutamine intake per day, in addition to what is being produced endogenously.... Do you really think we need more?

(1)http://jap.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/93/3/813

(2)http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/132/9/2580.pdf

(3) http://gut.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/45/1/6

(4) http://www.answers.com/topic/glutamine
    Glutamine; Why bother????
    ~

~Mad Man of the Sea~ MacGyverDel's Avatar
    MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MacGyverDel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up Excellent links NO HYPE

I think I gotta clean my PC, took forever to get tose links open.
    Good stuff there but I stand by my current consumption amounts that I believe are beneficial to myself. Although I do believe there are sufficient amounts in most protein powders. Am I screwed up or what.

I will go back to these links again especially the first 2.
    Last edited by MacgyverDel; 05-20-2007 at 05:53 AM.
    *More than just Muscle*

~~~ Just Do It! ~~~

Healthy Body Healthy Mind

Originally Posted by MacgyverDel View Post
    I think I gotta clean my PC, took forever to get tose links open.
    Good stuff there but I stand by my current consumption amounts that I believe are beneficial to myself.

I will go back to these links again especially the first 2.
    Thank you. Reps (when I can) Just for the record....

Even though I strongly disagree with the whole concept.... I respect people's reasoning for glutamine's use, and I will not question it's validity to them.

I am very comfortable with my stance on supplemental glutamine, due to the simple fact that I have yet to find anyone who can legitimately argue my point.
    ~

skoolbus has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

No

I spoke to a BSN rep and I told them that I was adding Glutamine to my Cellmass, they told me Cellmass already had it and it was formulated a certain way. By adding my own Glutamine I'd be disrupting the intake of Creatine. So I guess when they make this stuff the realize that two diff chemicals battling each other for blood intake dominance, and they formulate it a certain way.

rfoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rfoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) rfoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Your muscles need amino acids to repair themselves and when you workout they will need an uncontrollable amount to keep from being destroyed, so with that said I myself add 5g in everytime I drink my 32g protein shake that already has 4.5g of glutamine. It is an essential rebuilder of the muslces, so I would rather have a little more than not enough. I don't do creatine because it gives me muscle cramps and it taste like crap. Haven't tried those tablets though?
    People can see your tough, so don't show it by acting like a dick

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rfoker View Post
    Your muscles need amino acids to repair themselves and when you workout they will need an uncontrollable amount to keep from being destroyed, so with that said I myself add 5g in everytime I drink my 32g protein shake that already has 4.5g of glutamine. It is an essential rebuilder of the muslces, so I would rather have a little more than not enough. I don't do creatine because it gives me muscle cramps and it taste like crap. Haven't tried those tablets though?
    creatine monohydrate doesn't have a taste..sand maybe...but CEE on the otherhand.....
    Better Body Sports
    thad@betterbodysports.com

Check out BBS on ******** for daily giveaways!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

**My training log with Team Ogre **
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158235303&page=53

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    creatine monohydrate doesn't have a taste..sand maybe...but CEE on the otherhand.....
    CEE tastes like Meth. Seriously
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

rjx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take the money you would spend on glutamine and buy Leucine instead.

hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hilldomain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

meth and creatine

Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    CEE tastes like Meth. Seriously
    I dont recommend meth and glutamine and creatine just get rid of the creatine. You will definately feel a pump. ah **** going to the gym just turn on the telly and do some more meth.

I am 40 and havent taken supplements since I was 18, some German company- but back then everything tasted like chalk. I graduated UMASS as an Exercise Physiology major.

1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 1juggernaut has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You can take the Glutamine pills by Infinite Labs with any kind of creatine out there and you will see great results. Plus they come with 240 capsules which should last you a while.

hugedeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hugedeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hugedeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hugedeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) hugedeal has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

GLutamine.

Originally Posted by 1juggernaut View Post
    You can take the Glutamine pills by Infinite Labs with any kind of creatine out there and you will see great results. Plus they come with 240 capsules which should last you a while.
    I also get the 240 bottle of Glutamine capsules from infinite labs. I take them after every work out. I like think they are easy to swallow and soft on the stomach. I have recently switched to these from another brand. I was recommended to try them with Juggernaut before my work out. Together I feel like they do a great job at keeping my muscle repair quick while allowing me to abstain from overly soar muscles. On top of everything, my drive energy level after taking Juggernaut before my workouts are on a very strong driven level. I just eat a lot of chicken and the glutamine and I feel fine.

You can take the Glutamine pills by Infinite Labs with any kind of creatine out there
    You can take [any] kind of glutamine, with any type of creatine. ANSWERED IN 2007 / POST#2

and you will see great results.
    POST#5
    ~

freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000) freak111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello NO HYPE,

The thing is I don't understand why people even bother to supplement with it and alot of people think it aids in recovery.

I thought to add these in (Not that I am argueing just showing you them)

Lehmkuhl, M., Malone, M., Justice, B., Trone, G., Pistilli, E., Vinci, D., et al. (2003). The effects of 8 weeks of creatine monohydrate and glutamine supplementation on body composition and performance measures. J Strength Cond Res, 17(3), 425-438.
    · These results suggest CM and CG significantly increase body mass, LBM, and initial rate of power production.

Hickson, R. C., Oehler, D. T., Byerly, R. J., & Unterman, T. G. (1997). Protective effect of glutamine from glucocorticoid-induced muscle atrophy occurs without alterations in circulating insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I and IGF-binding protein levels. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine, 216(1), 65-71..
    · attenuation of glucocorticoid-induced muscle atrophy by glutamine infusion is not associated with changes in circulating levels of IGF-I or IGFBPs

Thank you. Reps (when I can) Just for the record....

Even though I strongly disagree with the whole concept.... I respect people's reasoning for glutamine's use, and I will not question it's validity to them.

I am very comfortable with my stance on supplemental glutamine, due to the simple fact that I have yet to find anyone who can legitimately argue my point.

nate198030 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

creatine and glutamine cancel eachother out?

so i just started working out again after taking a few years off. And a guy at the gym told me that if i take creatine and glutamine at the same time they cancel eachother out?!?! Is this correct or should i not use one over the other??

SebastianW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    glutamine helps me a lot, i am never sore anymore.

cgsupreme84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by SebastianW View Post
    +1 glutamine works for me post workout and i use creatine pre workout and during the day in small amounts. Everyones body is different, while it may work well fot others, it may not work at all for some.

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So many cool story bro's in here
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SebastianW View Post
    I agree with you, ever since I started taking glutamine and stopped lifting weights I just don't get sore anymore. I can't open a jar of pickles anymore but who cares, I don't get sore!
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) meatball2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hilldomain View Post
    I dont recommend meth and glutamine and creatine just get rid of the creatine. You will definately feel a pump. ah **** going to the gym just turn on the telly and do some more meth.

I am 40 and havent taken supplements since I was 18, some German company- but back then everything tasted like chalk. I graduated UMASS as an Exercise Physiology major.
    you're missing out. supplements taste awesome nowadays. i can make you a shake you'd swear had ice cream in it.

meatball

but yer right, if you know diet & whole foods, you really don't need supps. but they DO help if you use them right according to your body and diet and lab results.

SigmaAlpha has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    removed
    Last edited by SigmaAlpha; 07-11-2011 at 12:40 AM.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SigmaAlpha View Post
    bro-science removed
    Wise choice.
    ~

generalluser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think I have questions you guys have not answered before

I am a 34 year old male that has always had a difficulty with being a little underweight although I'm still technically just within the healthy weight range, usually 65-67kg and 180cm (5' 11") tall. I don't know if I am an ectomorph because it doesn't look "right" on me, and when my weight is normal or higher I look much more healthy and stronger, and still kinda lean, like when I am 72-80kg but it has not lasted very long.

Anyway, I'm not looking to become a body builder but am wondering how to maintain an ideal weight.

I came across creatine supplementation and it's effects on retaining water which is ok with me. I don't care too much about about fat either because i have the kind of body that will burn the weight off in my sleep, both fat and muscle. Curiously if I exercise I put on some weight and if I do nothing, I lose it!

I bought Crea/Max by Ultimate Nutrition (ripped off mind you paying about 4 times what it is online) which contains creatine, l-glutamine and l-taurine in equal amounts of 2g per dose of 6 capsules to take twice a day with juice. After reading more about side effects of creatine in particular I becoming hesitant to use it!

The main concerns are have some kind of allergy or reaction to it, or dependance on supplementing if my body gets lazy producing these amino acids themselves, and other adverse side effects like seizures etc.

I am wondering, if the side effects and reactions reported are to do with high amounts of creatine over fairly long periods, and if I am unlikely to experience any if I go slow and don't load up in 4-5 days, just build up the levels over a month.

I guess I have these concerns because I have had chronic fatigue sydrome, it lasted about 3 years and I have been more or less better for 1 year now. It also makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my body synthesizing protein and fat etc or have troubles creating energy with a amino acid deficiency of some kind. I now can react badly to some foods causing asthma like symptoms, total energy drainage and collapse, and at the height of chronic fatigue it seemed to happen often without cause it seemed.

I am not looking to do weight lifting etc but will do light exercise like push ups etc and drink lots of water. So will I likely put on weight due to water retention? I'm only hoping for a gain of 5-10kg (2-6 pounds)

Is it safer to take creatine combined with glutamine and taurine like in the formula I have?

Is it also better to take the supplement with food/ meat (I am quite a meat eater already) so the supplement is seen to be more like food by the body and therefore less likely to react negatively to it?

Since I am not going to be working out alot is the lower dosage ok? And the time to take it doesn't matter too much?

jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jakeoconnor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    CGT-10 from Optimum Nurtrition 5g glutamine and 5g creatine, the lemon and lime flavour is really nice and its cheap!

treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100)
    My trainer said take 3 pixie stix with the creatine so it gets activated or something to that matter. She said it was fine to take together. I do it.

treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100) treelover723 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wise choice.

Glutamine is really good for muscle recovery and digestion. Here is a good link. Of course taken in moderation =)

Look it up on Wikipedia! Awesome site!

Hoppo9589 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i Hate to bring up old threads, But my BCAA have glutamine in them, and from what i hear from some people including Supplement salesman is that you cant take them together (creatine and glutamine). do they actually cancel one and another out or is this proven wrong?
    Grab Hold Apparel
    www.********.com/GrabHold

Come to our page and give us a like.