TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weighted Ab exercises?..And Flyes?

Ok, can anyone give me a place where I can find weighted ab exercises..or ones that have reallly worked for them in the past.. U see, I was using non weighted exercises, and i really did feel the burn and felt it the next day, but then I Was told that weighted ab exercises actually build the muscle. So when I cut I'd see them better..
    ALSO, Are Flyes a good exercise for the chest!? Some say yes, otehrs say no. As of now I do Bench, incline bench, and flyes for my chest..
    Thanks All
    ~Tyson~

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    As for flyes, Weighted Dips or just Dips are a lot better than FLyes.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On a decline bench take a ten pound (or 5 pound plate) and hold it behind your head as you do your crunches, though you kind of need a strong back to support yourself when doing this. Also, you can pile 45's on top of your stomach and crunch up with them on a flat bench. At my gym theres a nice little crunch machine that makes you do a very effective crunch with a bar on the back to add weight to the area behind your head- though I doubt you have access one of these.

AS for flyes, they are not really effective for building mass or strength but are good as a finishing up exercise in your chest routine. Stick to Flat/Incline benching and db pressing as well as dips while leaning forward in order to build up the chest.
    Just lift the weight, eat the food and sleep the sleep.
    If you are doing these three things correctly and still not gaining, THEN complain.

Never underestimate the power of a few extra hours of sleep, I found that to be the culprit lagging me.

p.s. make sure you are eating and lifting correctly :D

bigcalves is still a douche, thankyou friendly people for undouchin what he douched up.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think flyes are popular because they can give you "pump" (and we know that means very little).
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

BeingBrandon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Has anyone here ever tried going heavy on flies. I've had some results doing this.

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i use to do flyes when i was a noobi many years ago but, but when a veteran at my gym took me under his wing and told me what exercise to keep and what one to flush down the ****ter,(flyes being one of them) then i really saw gains,

nice little story i think
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TysonH has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All right..so instead of flyes do flat and incline bench press..and probably dips!?

OK, how many of the ab crunches should i do? until failure? Also, any other weighted ab exercises anyone can come up with that really help build the abs.. without using machines, because i work out at home. Thanks again
    ~Tyson~

Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ev1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just do sets and reps i.e 4 sets of 15 reps, then do a different abdominal exercise such as legraises off the end of a bench the same way.

When that becomes easy for you start using weighted ab exercises, but thse are always good for firming up the area and muscular endurance. (regular crunches etc)
    Just lift the weight, eat the food and sleep the sleep.
    If you are doing these three things correctly and still not gaining, THEN complain.

Never underestimate the power of a few extra hours of sleep, I found that to be the culprit lagging me.

p.s. make sure you are eating and lifting correctly :D

bigcalves is still a douche, thankyou friendly people for undouchin what he douched up.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Ev1
    firming up the area
    Cut / tone / definition = low bodyfat. If you can't see your abs (but want to), then you're packing too much fat. Remember that spot-reduction by "targeted" exercises is a myth; the fat comes off in the reverse of the order that it went on (if your gut or butt got fat first, then your gut or butt will get "un-fat" last.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Yeah.. about the building the abs and the layer of fat.. You still want to build strong abs with weighted exercises, so u can see the abs better once u cut.. This is what i was told anway.

Ok, so when doing ab exercises withOUT weights, does it do ne good for builing them??
    ~Tyson~

hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hartwigken has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TysonH View Post
    Yeah.. about the building the abs and the layer of fat.. You still want to build strong abs with weighted exercises, so u can see the abs better once u cut.. This is what i was told anway.

Ok, so when doing ab exercises withOUT weights, does it do ne good for builing them??
    not really. i actually was looking at this thread because i need to build some ab mass too. non-weighted exercises dont really work for mass

ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ptwa9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lower chest - dips, flat bench, decline bench
    Upper chest - incline bench
    Flyes - outer chest

lol, this is funny because I don't even remember posting that 5 years ago. My god, I was still in high school. & still working on these damn abs!!
    ~Tyson~