chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats the difference between the proteins

like soy, whey etc...

moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000) moveouttamyway is just really nice. (+1000)
    soy protein isn't that good. The difference is the absorbsion rates.
    *Strong Join Date Crew (pre-2005)*

n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n0 liMitZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Soy is slower burning whey is fast.
    Future Goals:

1. 180-185 LBS 8% BF
    2. Start boxing
    3. Canada Games (With a bodybuilders physique)

Flex Wheeler is the man.

Currently:
    1. 195 10% BF

chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaldo_strider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are they the only types that u can take ?(excluding food)

15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you can also take casien protein, but its pretty expensive if i remember correctly. casien digests the slowest, which is good before bed. milk and cottage cheese have mostly casien protein, so they are good before bed.

whey digests the fastest, casien the slowest

stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stocktires has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    and then there's egg protein isnt there? I dont know the difference in it though

15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 15u has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by stocktires
    and then there's egg protein isnt there? I dont know the difference in it though
    yeah theres egg protein too. that digests slower than whey but faster than casien. theres also a different protein in meat and fish, but i'm not sure what its called

BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGnaturalBROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by chaldo_strider
    are they the only types that u can take ?(excluding food)
    what u mean excluding food ?
    whey is in milk as well as casein
    theres egg protein powder and also casein as well as whey.

futurmro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the reason why soy sucks isnt because of the absorption rate but because it dosent contain the 9 essential amino acids that makes up a posotive protein

Originally posted by futurmro
    the reason why soy sucks isnt because of the absorption rate but because it dosent contain the 9 essential amino acids that makes up a posotive protein
    and because it increases estrogen and decreases testosterone

Tryco Slatterus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Biological Value

Proteins are ranked according to Biological Values (BV), arbitrary numbers given to protein to show comparisons in their availability within the body. At the time the system was introduced eggs were given the highest BV of 100 because they are the most bio-available natural protein. Afterwards whey was isolated from milk and shown to have a higher BV, and depending on the process used can yield percentage from 104 to 154 on the scale. BV scales are a useful tool in putting together a complete protein, but it pisses me off that it's being used as a sales-pitch by companies promoting their whey products. Obviously a high BV brings with it certain downsides. The easier it absorbs the faster it absorbs. The faster it absorbs the faster it's rendered useless within the body, which makes taking it in large amounts at once impossible. Some would have you take 50 grams of whey in one sitting, and I guarantee you 25 to 50 percent of that is being wasted. At the price of a decent whey protein Isolate that is plain insanity.

Whey Protein Isolate (max BV of 157)

The highest yield of protein currently available, it's a derivative of milk protein. Its short chains and peptides make it available for absorption within ten minutes of ingestion sometimes. It's kind of a protein booster. If you asked which protein is best to invest in WPI would be it. No sane nutritionist would tell you otherwise. But caution is the key. Taking in more than 30 grams at once is not advisable because of its short-lived half-life. The best way to counter this effect a bit is to mix it in milk and not water. As I explained in my last article the casein in milk protein slows down the digestion of the whey protein, which may give it more time to absorb. It's a bit of a time-release mechanism. Whey is the best investment because of its capacity as a post-workout recovery supplement. That critical time after severe physical stress when the cells will act like a sponge and take in almost anything. The extreme hunger of the cells and the fast-acting properties of whey will make sure you use the best window for recovery to the fullest. If not, the body will hunt the stored reserves of nutrients and when on a diet for example that will cause them to rob other muscle-tissue of glutamine. So whey is the best protein, especially on a diet. It also supplies the most aminos bodybuilders use. Its unfortunate high cost however makes me advise you to use it sparingly. Whey protein is the only choice when on a diet however. When on low-carb diets whey can function as an alternate source of energy, sparing hard-earned muscle protein and glutamine stores within the body.

Whey Protein Concentrate (Max BV of 104)

This Protein was the first isolated whey, but with the emergence of Isolates, it has become perfectly useless. At only 4 points more on the BV scale it may be wiser to supplement with egg-protein, the preferred protein source of bodybuilders as early as the 30's. Whey concentrate has taken on a life of its own in the industry because most companies are too cheap to use all whey isolates, and it's used as sort of stuffing of protein, just so they can say they use only whey protein. The actual uses are slim. It's basically of a similar make-up as the Isolate version but less bio-available. If you find WPI too expensive though and you already eat a dozen eggs a day, it's better than nothing and its often a good buy in pure form, but those of you looking for professional gains should probably pass up on WPC.

Eggs (max BV of 100)

This is a whole egg we're talking about. If you were to take only the egg-white it would have a BV of 91. Eggs are versatile sources of very useful protein. As far as uses go, this may be even better than milk protein. You can eat fried eggs in the morning with breakfast, eat hardboiled eggs throughout the day (like fruit, all you do is peel them and eat them) and its liquid in a raw form so you can mix it in plenty of things. I'm not a big fan of consuming extreme amounts of eggs like some people because they fill you up and after the umpteenth hardboiled egg anyone feels like barfing. Though I think you are a fool if you throw away all your yolks (they contain more protein, B-vitamins and trace minerals) it wouldn't be prudent to eat twelve a day. The yolks have a very taxing effect on your liver. Extremely toxic. So out of precaution, limit your egg yolks to three a day and take a couple of weeks break once in a while. But eggs should make up at least a percentage of your weekly protein intake.

Milk Protein (max BV of 91)

I already gave you my rant on milk protein, so I'll spare you. Suffice it to mention it is a perfect blend of casein and whey that may yield great results and because of its convenience should make up a large portion of your protein intake. The combination of casein and whey has been found to be the best protein source in meals. This is why almost all MRP's use the blend as the base for their mix of protein.

Meat Proteins (max BV of 80)

Though chicken seems to hold some kind of god-like status in bodybuilding circles, it's actually red meat that yields better results. Several studies have shown that people consuming red meat gained more mass than those consuming the two favorites in the sport: chicken and tuna. That doesn't mean you need to dismiss the other two, but personally I'm sick of chicken and I'm not a big fan of tuna. Nonetheless both sources are prime nutrition when dieting. Tuna and the white part of chicken are low-fat and high-protein. Plus they are more easily transformed into tasty snacks you can carry around anywhere. But that big juicy steak will still give you better gains.

A hot topic in this new-age, biologically concerned, overly worried about nothing kind of generation the question of whether or not vegetarians can be bodybuilders is often heard. The answer is yes. I've already named a number of vegetarian proteins and I'll name one more after this, but chances you'll be Mr. Olympia are slim. In fact winning local contests isn't for tomorrow. You'll have to work twice as hard and recuperate smarter. For the vegans there is no hope. I'm sorry. I have to swallow a lot from health-conscious people about my diet and I take it like a man, but I do not take that **** from vegans. If there is one diet that is sure to land you in a hospital in the long-term, rob you of energy and diminish the quality of life its a vegan diet. For these people there is no hope. You're doomed to be small. Moreover if plants are all you eat, 80 percent or more of your diet is water. So don't judge me and mine , if you can't even take care of yourself. Meat contains all kinds essential aminos, not to mention creatine and other useful elements that most protein sources cannot supply. The only bad thing is that you are eating a lot, but have a low yield of nutrients. Most of the ingested material ends up in your stool because it doesn't contain nutrients. So obviously you shouldn't bet all your money on meat proteins.

Casein

Casein is the other protein that is isolated from milk. Casein is the perfect complement to whey, which is why I'm such a big advocate of milk protein which combines the two. Both stimulate protein synthesis in the muscle, naturally not both quite as strong. But the benefit is that the protein synthesized from casein is used more directly in muscle-building than that synthesized from whey, which is more readily used as an alternate source of energy (that's the reason you have to use enough carbs when supplementing with whey for bulking). The less chance you have of a protein being used as energy, the more carbs you use as energy. The more carbs you use, the less carbs stored as fat. So casein may prevent you getting fat too fast... one of the reasons casein may be better than whey.

Soy Protein

Lately the unhealthy lifestyles are taking on all kinds of shapes and forms and there seems to be dome bad blood between carnivores and herbivores. Having said my bit about vegans, I have to point out that the other extreme could be unhealthy too. Too many bodybuilders, myself included, have almost sworn off vegetables. This is of course only possible provided you get your daily vitamins and minerals from other sources. Soy protein however, may be one reason to eat your vegetables. Soy alone is practically useless, but as an addition to an already rich protein spectrum it may serve a thousand uses. Its main use is protecting the cardiovascular system by lowering LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol. Bad cholesterol as you know is one of the leading causes in arterial diseases. In this aspect the vegetarian bodybuilder has a plus over the meat-eating bodybuilder because meat , and especially that all-important red meat, could increase LDL cholesterol. Of course I'm not letting vegans off the hook that easily. I'm sure everyone that gets around in bodybuilding has come across some article or some account that speaks of recent studies that say a high amount of soy in your diet may lead to breast cancer, brain damage and infertility in boys. The result of a high amount of flavonoids within the protein strands that may mimic the actions of strong estrogens. Then again other compounds are considered safe that exert similar effects. So don't worry about soy being bad, just don't go overboard and don't make soy your main source of protein. As with the other proteins it has its merits, but as with anything, moderation is the key.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catprot.htm

Polish_Prince has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    good stuff sticky that

Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000) Chahn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That should answer the question...

mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10) mischiev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    er, that's on the bodybuilding.com website.
    if half of you bothered to search yourselves, people won't have to copy and paste so much
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

meandmyiv / scott donald / DarkFalcon