Thread: 1 hour workout?

jracoma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1 hour workout?

I just read a post of Nayl saying that most workouts end within an hour or so. Somehow, I'm stuck in the gym for at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours at the most! I do Chest, shoulders, tris on Monday and Thursday, Back, Biceps, Abs on Tues and Fri, and Legs on Sat. A typical monday for me would be 4 excercises for chest, 3 for shoulders, and 3 for tris, all with 3 sets each. A set would take 30 seconds to do since i practice good form and slow intentional reps, and rest for 45 seconds.. so 3 sets would last 5 minutes or so, multiplied by 10 sets, thats 50 minutes already! Add to that the 2 10 minute warm up and cool down, 2 5 minute stretch routines, and give or take 5 minute (if there are not a whole lot of people, which is rare) waiting time overall, thats already and hour and a half on a not so crowded day! Is there anytihing I'm doing wrong, and I hope I don't get replies that I have to move to a gym where I'll workout alone. Thanks!

hmmm

just hit me... is there a possibility that I'm overtraining? Though I haven't any soreness, injuries, whatsoever, and I'm heading towards my goal..

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you gaining strength and mass?? If so, keep doing it. If not, change.
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.

ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ozcoltsfan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah if you are eating a lot, gaining amd recovering well you have nothing to worry about IMO

Body under construction MotorcityAl's Avatar
    MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MotorcityAl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you read what everyone else is doing, you begin to question yourself. I am also prone to this, and what happens is you may leave a course that is working for you and try something else. There is no 1" set in stone" rule. What works for you may not work for me. We all learn by trial and error. Those of us who adapt, improve. Those who stay the stubborn course because someone told them it is the only way (even when it is not working) are doomed to mediocrity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it's broke, fix the damn thing!
    Say it, Believe it, Achieve it!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand mediocre minds appointed to guard the past." Maurice Maeterlinck

hmmm

My strength is pretty much ok, but the thing is, I'm not trying to bulk up.. completely. I'm trying to cut up, but still do heavy weights. So far, so good though. I'm getting defined and losing unwanted fat. I'm not eating that much, just good enough.

Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dbag333 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you start to be tired all the time, and lifting becomes a chore, and expecially if you lifts start to go down in wieght and reps consistantly I would bet you are doing too much. If it feels good and is giving you the results you want, bravo, keep it up.