Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ankle still sore from sprain about 3 months ago

It doesn't limit me in squatting or deadlifting, or any other exercises, but there is still pain when I am just sitting still, not doing anything.

And, if I try to run on an uneven surface, I can definitely feel the pain.

Basically, anything I can do? Should I try any exercises for it? I did rice the first week or two it was injured. It was not broken, but sprained and had a mild swell...no bruise.
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yo

ISSA Certified CFT

Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was it a really bad sprain?
    3 months is a long time to still be recovering from the sprain.
    Did you rest your ankle and let it recover properly?
    I know you said it was not broken, but are you 100% sure?

Here are some stretches and strengthening exercises for if you are sure that it is not broken:
    http://www.orthoassociates.com/Ankle_rehab.htm
    They should help.
    Stop looking at me Swan.

BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000) BJoe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If it was really bad, as in enough to stretch the ligiments (sp?), it may take a while to recover from it. I sprained my foot that bad in August of '06 and I'm still occasionally in pain from it (had to take some Motrin after work tonight), it's a rarity anymore though.

honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10) honez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I sprained mine REALLY bad back in early February and still have problems. Got it X-rayed and no breaks, but without an MRI, it's hard to say what the deal is. The doctor's said there could be a piece of something hanging stuff up in there.

Originally Posted by Machvayne View Post
    Was it a really bad sprain?
    3 months is a long time to still be recovering from the sprain.
    Did you rest your ankle and let it recover properly?
    I know you said it was not broken, but are you 100% sure?

Here are some stretches and strengthening exercises for if you are sure that it is not broken:
    They should help.
    I did the RICE technique for about a week before anything else...went about a month off from weights, should be enough rest, right?

Been 3 months+ now.

Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
    If it was really bad, as in enough to stretch the ligiments (sp?), it may take a while to recover from it. I sprained my foot that bad in August of '06 and I'm still occasionally in pain from it (had to take some Motrin after work tonight), it's a rarity anymore though.
    Originally Posted by honez View Post
    I sprained mine REALLY bad back in early February and still have problems. Got it X-rayed and no breaks, but without an MRI, it's hard to say what the deal is. The doctor's said there could be a piece of something hanging stuff up in there.

Well, I am not 100% sure it is not broken, however I have reason to believe it was only a sprain. I can move it up and down, left and right, and horizontally. I can squat a few hundred pounds on it, I can run, I can jump, etc. Could I do those if it were broke?(not being smarty, just ignorant and wanting to know )

It only hurts now if I move it the wrong way, so I don't know what to think. It's nothing major, but I do feel it limits me from running up hills as it hurts and I don't want to re injure it.

ISSA Certified CFT

Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lowerthefever will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cut down on the toe raises.. lol

Originally Posted by Lowerthefever View Post
    Cut down on the toe raises.. lol
    what?

ISSA Certified CFT

EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EatSomeIron has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Stand on one foot (the hurt one obviously) and close your eyes. Hold your other foot in front of you and up (bend the knee) for a while, then behind and up (bend at knee again). Its an ankle rehabilitation move. And it helps a lot.

itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50) itlnchik will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

They should help.[/QUOTE]

this is a great site!!! thanks!!
    "I'm not tense, just terribly, terribly alert"

Originally Posted by EatSomeIron View Post
    Stand on one foot (the hurt one obviously) and close your eyes. Hold your other foot in front of you and up (bend the knee) for a while, then behind and up (bend at knee again). Its an ankle rehabilitation move. And it helps a lot.
    Do I keep the other foot in the air the entire time, or do I put it back down after each movement?

either way, it was very easy and I didn't notice anything(not saying I should).

ISSA Certified CFT

Originally Posted by Richie_Awesome View Post
    Do I keep the other foot in the air the entire time, or do I put it back down after each movement?

either way, it was very easy and I didn't notice anything(not saying I should).
    bump

ISSA Certified CFT

Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000) Machvayne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It sounds like you have done everything right.

It is important to keep doing exercises for your ankle, as after you have sprained it badly the ligaments lose their "memory" and it makes it very easy to sprain in again.

It's a possibilty that you have a chipped bone. A small chip wouldn't really prevent you from exercising or weights, but it could make it painful, which kind of sounds like your situation.

I would suggest maybe seeing a doc and getting and MRI or something. Like honez said, it's hard to know what the deal is until then.
    Stop looking at me Swan.