Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thicker Wrists?

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your wrist thickness is determined purely by bone structure, so you can't really make them thicker. Well, you can make them thicker by adding a layer of fat, but obviously you don't want to do that. I also have small wrists, and from some angels, they look kind of strange in relation to my forearms because of their small size. If you have small wrists, chances are that you are ectomorphic to an extent. There is nothing wrong with having small wrists; if anything, it will make your forearms look even more muscular.

Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I remember in Flex magazine about a year ago it said if your wrists are smaller than 7 inches you are most likely an ecto.

MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by Mighty Mikey G
    Why would anybody care how thick their wrists are? I've never once heard somebody say"Wow look at the wrists on him." Besides you should want smaller wrists because it makes your forearms look that much more impressive. Just look at Flex Wheeler.
    When I was in 5th grade a couple of kids in my class made fun of my small wrists. One student said I was the wimpiest kid in the class and put his hand around my wrist and pressed his finger nail on my wrist but I think I got him mad because I said that he was the fattest kid in the class but that kid looked powerful and was very strong. Another kid in the same class said that he could wrap his fingers around my wrist and that I need to pump some iron and I never made fun of him. I haven't measured my wrists but they look and I can wrap my middle finger and thumb around them. I used to do wrist curls but that didn't do anything for my wrists. I am still self concious about my wrists and sometimes wonder if the reason some people think I'm skinny are my because of my small wrists and not my muscles but anyways I'm still trying to gain some mass and hope I don't get called skinny once of have some decent sized muscles.

Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mighty Mikey G is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by MuscleGainer
    When I was in 5th grade a couple of kids in my class made fun of my small wrists. One student said I was the wimpiest kid in the class and put his hand around my wrist and pressed his finger nail on my wrist but I think I got him mad because I said that he was the fattest kid in the class but that kid looked powerful and was very strong. Another kid in the same class said that he could wrap his fingers around my wrist and that I need to pump some iron and I never made fun of him. I haven't measured my wrists but they look and I can wrap my middle finger and thumb around them. I used to do wrist curls but that didn't do anything for my wrists. I am still self concious about my wrists and sometimes wonder if the reason some people think I'm skinny are my because of my small wrists and not my muscles but anyways I'm still trying to gain some mass and hope I don't get called skinny once of have some decent sized muscles.
    LOL if that's the worse thing your peers teased you about growing up than you should consider yourself fortunate. Kids can be so cruel.

bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My wrists are larger now than they were when I was 145lbs. I could hold my wrist between my thumb & middle finger and overlap on the fingernail. 15-20lbs later I can't even touch my middle finger and thumb when wrapped around my wrist.

You can make your wrists larger.
    1-1-06: 145 lbs
    3-1-06: 154 lbs
    4-1-06: 161 lbs
    5-1-06: 164 lbs
    7-1-06: 170 lbs

Bulking Like a Mo'Fo Strong_Matt's Avatar
    Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Strong_Matt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bingwalker
    My wrists are larger now than they were when I was 145lbs. I could hold my wrist between my thumb & middle finger and overlap on the fingernail. 15-20lbs later I can't even touch my middle finger and thumb when wrapped around my wrist.

that one mother****ing bump

anyway back on topic

your born with your wrists and ankles you cant make them thicker (maybe slightly) but the main emphasis is to shift the view from them to your forearms/calves/quads.

optical illusions

hey bingwalker nice gains if im readin them right
    "Rudeness is the weak man's strength."

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ain't gona happen. my wrists are teh same size they were when i was 115 vs 230.
    <->

bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bingwalker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Strong_Matt
    that one mother****ing bump

anyway back on topic

your born with your wrists and ankles you cant make them thicker (maybe slightly) but the main emphasis is to shift the view from them to your forearms/calves/quads.

optical illusions

hey bingwalker nice gains if im readin them right
    Thanks Strong_Matt.

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bingwalker

You notice what you are using for measurement tools?

You should have used a tape measure before and after. Your hands can change (more callouses, thicker skin, thickened ligaments in them, larger muscle on your thumb pad, etc.).
    *No Crew*

Originally Posted by Mozelstein
    You notice what you are using for measurement tools?

You should have used a tape measure before and after. Your hands can change (more callouses, thicker skin, thickened ligaments in them, larger muscle on your thumb pad, etc.).
    Yea, that is true. Still, there is a little bit of muscle there and for someone as skinny as I was a little muscle improvement went a long way.

neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Do weight plates curls. It hits the lower part of your forearm/wrist. Hold the weight with your fingers straight out and tumb gripping it and curl. Try it, works for me.

Mr. Hyde is not fictional Dr. Jekkyl's Avatar
    Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Dr. Jekkyl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it is very possible for your wrists to thicken. i am not going to debate any haters to what i say but i know what im talking about. im 26yrs old and after a 6 week cycle my wrists were considerably larger. so much so that the watch i was wearing had to be put in storage because it was extremely tight. one of thos metal bands. i dont believe there is any exercise for making your wrists larger. i believe its just a byproduct of not only getting bigger physically, but when you lift heavier weight not only does your grip get stronger but in order to accomodate your body safely you do get some more mass in your tendons/ligaments.
    if i saw you walking down the street i'd karate chop you in the neck and put a vicious bare naked choke hold on you. then i'd tell you that studies prove once i put my vice grip on you, on average you have about 3-5 seconds max before you pass out.

-Tap out or pass out.. Today you get no option.

6'6" ,235, 8%bf, pure monster

DO OR DON'T. THERE IS NO TRY!

John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) John Hicks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekkyl
    it is very possible for your wrists to thicken. i am not going to debate any haters to what i say but i know what im talking about. im 26yrs old and after a 6 week cycle my wrists were considerably larger
    In the book Dinosaur Training, Brooks Kubik said that his wrists got thicker though years of heavy weight training, so it is possible. When you think about it, if you work the rest of your body - to get a bigger chest, bigger legs, bigger back, etc. -- wouldn't it make sense that your wrists would get bigger/thicker as well?? You haffta work your wrists HARD to get those results; most dudes just want bigger biceps (you know, bigger peaks for their freaks), but they neglect forearm/wrist/hand training.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Registered User AnaerobicAndrew's Avatar
    AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000) AnaerobicAndrew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy bonanza bump Batman... a thread from 2 years ago? Uh....why?
    "Swim 2.4 miles. Bike 112 miles. Run 26.2 miles. BRAG for the rest of your life." IRONMAN TRIATHLON

Es gibt keinen anderen Teufel als den wir in unserem eigenen Herzen haben.

chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chris5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    ain't gona happen. my wrists are teh same size they were when i was 115 vs 230.
    yeah, same here. i gained like 50-60lbs and my wrists are the same wimpy size they were when i was 110lbs.

MeteoraXV has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry wrists

im am so so sick of hearing about the fact that your forearm muscles look bigger because of small wrists. NOBODY CARES. small wrists kinda suck and somehow i automatically always see someone with small wrists as a skinny person, regardless of how superbig his/her forearms/biceps might be.

ok that sounded harsh, but im in a bad mood right now so dont blame me XD

on a positive note, my wrists have definitely grown (i think 1cm) bigger from doing some serious curls in the last 5 months they look way better now.
    excuse my bad typing but i really dont care

and hi everyone im new to this forum =)...though ive been following it for 5 years now lol

rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger615 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    massive bump haha

Honestly, I think I remember in Arnold's encyclopedia he said that in his prime an average man could wrap their hand around his wrist so I dont think wrist size is really a huge factor

MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleGainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Steveo31 View Post
    What movements originate in the wrist? It's all forearm buddy. I agree that small wrists suck, but "strong wrists" are not necessary.
    I disagree with you that strong wrists are not necessary. A few years ago I was bench pressing 170 lbs for 7 reps and that is when I think that my partially torn ligament that I had on my right wrist originated from. Benching with dumbbells are easier on my wrists than barbell for some reason.

Also my right wrist is noticeablly wider than my left wrist and I have thin wrists. I feel like my left hand grip is weaker in my deadlifts and I use an alternate grip with left hand is overhand grip. I sometimes worry that my left hand will disconnect from my wrist when deadlifting heavy. Could it be because my left wrist is thinner than my right wrist why my left hand feels weaker?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wrists won't get bigger after your body hits maturity. However I heard an important piece of information about wrists today.
    It seems that the circumference of a womans wrist is her prefered penis size circumference. Since my wife has really thick wrists this seems correct ;-)
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanCottle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember seeing a show on the history channel i think about ancient archers and there bones. I tried to google it but couldnt find. I remember the one arms bones were always either bigger or much more dense. To bad i cant find source
    www.danielcottle.com