trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Haven't lost a pound in over 2 weeks....WTF?

I've heard the stories about the dreaded plateau, but I don't know what the heck is going on. Could this be from muscle gain, or am I really stuck here for ever.
    I work out 3-5 times a week, doing 30 min. cardio, then hitting the weights for 30-45 minutes. My stomach does seem to have gotten smaller, but there is no way that I've packed on that much muscle to offset the weight loss is it?
    My next step is to try some fat burning supps, in fact I just orderd some lipo 6, to give it a shot.
    Any other suggestions?
    4/7/09 296lbs
    4/27/09 285 lbs
    10/2011 258 lbs

**Here we go again!!**

iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by trudawg View Post
    I've heard the stories about the dreaded plateau, but I don't know what the heck is going on. Could this be from muscle gain, or am I really stuck here for ever.
    I work out 3-5 times a week, doing 30 min. cardio, then hitting the weights for 30-45 minutes. My stomach does seem to have gotten smaller, but there is no way that I've packed on that much muscle to offset the weight loss is it?
    My next step is to try some fat burning supps, in fact I just orderd some lipo 6, to give it a shot.
    Any other suggestions?
    How long have you been cutting for?
    Dead as dead can be......my doctor tells me

trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) trudawg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by iountcare View Post
    How long have you been cutting for?
    Since the 1st of feb. Getting on that scale last night at the gym really frustrated me. I know people say don't pay attention to the scale, only the mirror but damn this is crazy.
    I did forget to add however that for the first 6-7 weeks of cutting when I dropped 20 lbs, I was not in the gym at all. Seems like once I got in the gym is when the weight stopped coming off. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible to put that much muscle weight on that short period of time??
    4/7/09 296lbs
    4/27/09 285 lbs
    10/2011 258 lbs

**Here we go again!!**

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seems like once I got in the gym is when the weight stopped coming off. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible to put that much muscle weight on that short period of time??
    Yes, this is what I've experienced as well. We've been at it for the same amount of time - but I've been working out 3x/wk. from the start, and the weight loss hasn't been more than 12 lbs. My waistline continues to shrink and have maintained by muscle mass though, and just feel bigger due to the increased definition (people are starting to notice the change and have mentioned it - that's a good sign!).

I took a week off from my wo. routine, maybe this will stimulate some additional loss.
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) roxy42277 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lipo6 worked great for me. i just got the new lipo6x i cant wait to see how that reacts with keto. If your only doing 30 mins of cardio i would up your time to 45/50 mins of cardio. With keto you need to have lower intensity but longer time. dont think the fat burners are going to do the trick, check your diet and really nock it out with your cardio. walk on an incline 10 at a level 3.5 make sure you cant talk that way you know your working hard p.s i would do it 5 times a week.

Any other suggestions?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=125867701&posted=1#post125867701

Tight Curves product review

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=127158341#post127158341
    work out journal

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So you've stopped dropping scale weight since you started lifting, and your waist is still getting smaller? Sounds like muscle gain to me, and I wouldn't complain.

A plateau is a lot longer than 2 weeks, most people don't lose weight at a regular weight, it's quite normal not to lose anything for two or three weeks, then suddenly drop several pounds overnight. Don't panic yet.

Personally, I hate Lipo 6. The only times I've tried it, I ended up so depressed that I couldn't be bothered working out, all I wanted to do was sit and watch Oprah, while eating the contents of the fridge.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Your body will tell you when its time. just like training every 10-12 wks
    you should take a week off. many don't and suffer ,they start thinking
    i'm going to lose muscle if i don't workout......wrong overtraining is often
    not noticed by novices until they plateau,so what do they do.they start
    a new routine...do they rest nope,big mistake. same as diet, take a small break..maybe 40-40-20 , tkd, or thousands of other diets out there. in
    2 weeks back to keto to kick start another 12 weeks....Your non weight
    loss is probably the addition of new muscle.
    "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
    I LIKE THE CAP LOCK...DO YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!!

iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iountcare has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Scales don't really matter to me when the level of change is between 1-5 lbs. My body weight fluctuates 1-5lbs regularly. If you don't notice any change in the mirror then you should try getting off keto for a bit anf maybe try bulking for a month.
    Dead as dead can be......my doctor tells me

vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vvilliam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would take a break. Plateaus happen when losing weight because the body has gotten used to functioning with the lower amount of food. Plateaus happen with muscle gain when the body has gotten used to the workload/stress of lifting. So the general principle to keep in mind with plateaus is that the body has gotten used to whatever you're doing and now doesn't need to change.

Take a small break and let your body relax a bit. Then go back to keto and you'll notice a bit of a change.

I was stuck at a plateau too and couldn't figure out why there was no progress. Then I ate a good bit of carbohydrates for the next 3 days (as if I wasn't dieting or paying attention to my diet at all) and I had not only lost some fat, but leaned out even more in the next week of keto.

So try it out and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I was initially scared to take a break fearing I'd fall in love with carbs all over again, but it sounds like that's what I need to do. This weekend is my carb-up so as crazy as this sounds, I think I'll treat myself to some pasta and sushi, for the next three or four days and see what happens. Should I keep my protien high?
    Like I said I do feel stronger, but I just can't fathom gaining that considerable amount of muscle weight in 3 weeks
    4/7/09 296lbs
    4/27/09 285 lbs
    10/2011 258 lbs

**Here we go again!!**

EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50) EYE FOR DETAIL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

muscle weighs more than fat
    "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"
    I LIKE THE CAP LOCK...DO YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!!

carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) carbotoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Should I keep my protien high?
    I think that the rule of thumb remains 1 g. per lb. of lean muscle mass.
    "That rare combination of good-for-nothing and up-to-something."

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." Chas. Darwin

http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/index.asp

Let me tell you it has been a challenge to eat non-keto, and carb-filled foods.
    My mind has been so conditioned to what I can and cannot eat, it will take few days to get keto out of my mind.
    I did have some pizza on Friday, and some orange juice this morning and it was great!!!
    4/7/09 296lbs
    4/27/09 285 lbs
    10/2011 258 lbs

**Here we go again!!**

MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MCEpidemic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have gained five pounds in the last five months.

But then, I've lost 5 inches from my waist. Lesson I learned: measure progress with tape measurers/calipers. Not the scale.