Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question Bodybuilding Effects on Blood Pressure?

In what way does intense weight lifting(1 hour, 5 days a week)affect blood pressure? I know this depends on many things such as age, genetics, ect, but what are common effects?
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mingo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question Nutrition Progression

How do you guys go about adding calories to gain mass as you gain more weight? What increments do you progress with and how long do you wait after you stop seeing gains from your previous diet?
    "It was time to put all the talk aside and get to work. I was going to get big, and there was nothing that would stop me."

- Sean Nalewanyj

****, sorry about that, check out the thread, not reply.

- Sean Nalewanyj

SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SDAthlete has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    did u know a bulking and cutting diet scheme, year round, causes heightened blood pressure (long term)? its true, theres one good reason to keep ureself relatively lean all year round... oh yea and u'll still build immense muscle mass, ive seen so many ppl in my life do it already its unbelievable... u dont need to turn into a fat ass to be a bodybuilder over the summer--that should be obvious

... try to keep ur bf% within 0-3% of "contest" shape year round

peace
    shaun
    Last edited by SDAthlete; 04-26-2002 at 02:32 PM.
    why are you reading this? go lift. = P

bump

- Sean Nalewanyj

Registered User Travis Stenersn's Avatar
    Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Travis Stenersn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Acutely, resistance training raises blood pressure, except in hypertensive individuals, where the opposite reaction can be seen.

Chronically, resistance training reduces blood pressure, just like all exercise.

If an individual is worried about their blood pressure or has blood pressure higher than 140/90, SBP/DBP, they should consult a doctor before commencing a strength training program.

Resistance training won't do much for cardiac function, but can cause left ventricular hypertrophy. Unlike the hypertrophy seen in individuals with low cardiac output, this growth improves heart function.