there are no shortcuts sword chucks's Avatar
    sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sword chucks has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

1.25 and lighter olympic plates

I was thinking of buying some 1.25 lb oly plates if I could find some. Do they actually make these?

Or, is there anything creative that I can do (eg: get some collars and add a pound to them or something)?

Would just taping 1.25 lb. standard plates to another set of oly collars do the trick? Thanks in advance.

JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JamesBarlow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can buy them. I think the company is called PDA associates. You can also find them on e-bay.

I made them myself by purchasing 2.5lb plates and cutting them down.

I have acess to a machine shop so I just put them up on a lathe and turned them down, but you could just use a hack saw and cut them into squares.

The weights won't be exact but it will have the desired effect.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's far easier and faster to get some smaller collars, weigh them, label them, and use those instead of teeny plates.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can also get "platemates" which are magnetic but also expensive. I use old collars that weigh just about a pound. Perfect for microloading which is the best way to keep progression going IMO.

Check hardware stores also for washers and get them weighed. They do make washers with 2" openings.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Overload
    You can also get "platemates" which are magnetic but also expensive. I use old collars that weigh just about a pound. Perfect for microloading which is the best way to keep progression going IMO.

Check hardware stores also for washers and get them weighed. They do make washers with 2" openings.
    yep, good ideas. I've looked for the washers, but haven't saw any yet. Collars are good, if you have some extra.