tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

do men store significant fat in butt/thighs?

As I cut my stomach is getting smaller... but I noticed my butt and thighs look really big (disproportionately big, considering my slimming upper body).

Is most of that muscle or fat? (Do guys tend to store fat in their butts and thighs, or just women?) Because my butt and thighs don't seem to be getting thinner as I cut.

Should cutting reduce the size of these two areas?

Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trimen1000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Each body is different. Just keep on cutting and you'll eventually see the fat leaving from the trouble areas that you have. My stomach doesn't seem to be doing much, but i have noticed good improvements to the rest of my body.
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

-William Ernest Henley

phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) phil2007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yeah, i store fat in my thighs. they scraped together for the longest time while my upper body was getting slimmer.
    "You can't lift like an ogre and eat like a princess just so you can maintain your girlish figure."

-triplewhammy

ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ScottC is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Trimen1000 View Post
    Each body is different. Just keep on cutting and you'll eventually see the fat leaving from the trouble areas that you have. My stomach doesn't seem to be doing much, but i have noticed good improvements to the rest of my body.
    Bingo! Give this poster a prize!
    RIP My Beloved Son: March 2000 ~ June 2008.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
    - Thomas A. Edison

"It's a lifestyle: train like there is no finish line."
    - Steve Katai

futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50) futamuscleman will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Yeah same as me.

I also seem to have a fatter ass and thighs in comparison with the rest of my body. My stomach isn't too bad, but thing is that it negatively effects what jeans I wear / wore because my ass was fatter then my waist (really really annoying). However, now that I have lost 15kg I have found that a decent 10cm has come off my ass and 12cm off my waist (probably a bit more then that now). So yeah, keep at it, it will come off. Since I started going to the gym I was working on my cardio and keeping my heart rate higher (around 160) and I went on this machine (I'll have to check the name of it another time) where you have your knees at a 90degree angle and you push outwards with your knees / theighs (if you know the name of the machine please post it, if not wait until tomorrow evening and I will post it). This machine works the theighs right up to sides of the ass - so atleast you will have more muscle there instead of fat (which is what I want).

This is talking from my own experience, so it may not be the same kind of situation you are in (as mine was more so fat as I havn't bulked yet, just simply dieting). However, I found using the machine that builds muscle on the side of that area I have found it to appear more defined.

Does it feel like fat or muscle btw?
    Last edited by futamuscleman; 05-18-2007 at 04:21 AM.

tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tim770 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mostly feels like muscle, since I can flex it, but there's some soft stuff there too.

I've dropped down to 11% according to the stomach calipers, which is why it's a bit troublesome - I don't have that much more fat to lose! I hope by 6% they slim down a bit...

jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000) jcosley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tim770 View Post
    As I cut my stomach is getting smaller... but I noticed my butt and thighs look really big (disproportionately big, considering my slimming upper body).

Is most of that muscle or fat? (Do guys tend to store fat in their butts and thighs, or just women?) Because my butt and thighs don't seem to be getting thinner as I cut.

Should cutting reduce the size of these two areas?
    Thats funny cuz i swear i've been losing fat from everywhere else but my stomach. Guess everyones different in that aspect.
    KettleBURN Fitness and Personal Training
    CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1)