Registered User foundthegoodlif's Avatar
    foundthegoodlif has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question push ups/overtraining

i need to start doing push ups pretty soon for the military. anyone know how i should arrange it around my chest training so i dont get overtrained? or will i not get overtrained? also, how many sets and reps should i do? thanks.

Bulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

push-ups

just incorporate 50-100 (whatever), in to your routine.
    I normally finish off my chest or shoulder day with them.

you can add variation to them, by adjusting the distance of your hands; shoulder width to emphasize chest, close to gether for the triceps( the close togther one is quite hard)

clenched fist, with the fist facing forwards, or facing outwards are also other variables.

then move onto one arm at a time or place your legs on a chair/bed and do them (like a 'wheelbarrow').

basically, use weights for the heavy stuff, and push ups for max-reps and completion. thats what I do.

your body will tell you when its had enough.

evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50) evedder08 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by foundthegoodlif View Post
    i need to start doing push ups pretty soon for the military. anyone know how i should arrange it around my chest training so i dont get overtrained? or will i not get overtrained? also, how many sets and reps should i do? thanks.
    Overtraining shouldn't be a worry. But always pay attention to what your body tells you.
    Every morning wake up, and do as many pushups as possible.
    Get a buddy, and do a pyramid.
    Start with one, hold the push up position while your buddy does one.
    Then two, and hold while they go.
    Do that all the way up to 20 and then back down.
    --Plus Est En Vous--

^^Look it up^^

pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000) pFuzzz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I love high volume push-ups.

A while back I did 100 a day 4 days a week, only resting the days before and after my regular chest routine for three weeks.

Took a toll on my CNS, but put a couple inches on my chest (not just from the month-long perma-pump).

A couple of options:
    1. Set a rep goal and do that many each day, but don't take any sets to failure (grease the groove). 100 is a nice round number.

2. Do a couple of sets every day or two to faliure. Going to failure will mean significantly lower total volume than the above approach. Allow yourself ample recovery time before doing it again. With either of the above, its probably best to take off the days before and after your normal chest routine.

3. Add them in to your normal chest workout, as a burnout set after your pressing.
    "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ...will probably be my last words

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136720821
    more misadventures in physical culture

keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50) keitznic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what branch are you joining? the instructors could care less if you think your over training so do push ups everyday just not a lot on some days and when you feel recovered hit them hard again

Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nick1971 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You could do pushups after you do Bench Press, for example.
    --- Nick ---

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i do bench press as a finisher on chest day. or you could do it the day after upperbody.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I agree with you!

Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Crastef has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by pFuzzz View Post
    I love high volume push-ups.

A while back I did 100 a day 4 days a week, only resting the days before and after my regular chest routine for three weeks.

Took a toll on my CNS, but put a couple inches on my chest (not just from the month-long perma-pump).

A couple of options:
    1. Set a rep goal and do that many each day, but don't take any sets to failure (grease the groove). 100 is a nice round number.

2. Do a couple of sets every day or two to faliure. Going to failure will mean significantly lower total volume than the above approach. Allow yourself ample recovery time before doing it again. With either of the above, its probably best to take off the days before and after your normal chest routine.

3. Add them in to your normal chest workout, as a burnout set after your pressing.
    I like your points. But sometimes i like to work something like 1000 push ups until i feel sick of them!

Follow This Push Up work outs

Follow my push up work outs if you want to excel in them . On my blog you can find everything you want about push ups. Every Monday I post 3 push up work outs ( beginner/intermediate/advanced), is a dumb thing to do push ups every day if you want to build muscles and do unless 100 push ups in a row ! You should make 3 times a week a hard work out . http://thousands-of-pushups.blogspot...roduction.html