littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Side Lateral into a Shoulder Press?

I saw a guy in my gym doing these. He starts from a seated side lateral position and raises the dumbbell so his arms are parallel with the floor and then without bending his arm and contracting his bicephe pushed them over his head. He also rotated his wrist in there so the dumbbells look like he is shoulder pressing them at the top. Do you guys think this would be a good shoulder builder? I figure it would because this guy swears by it and he is a massive guy.

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Explain to me how you do a press without bending your arms.

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    that soundsmore like an r/c injury waiting to happen to me *shrug*

RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50) RiNgMaSteR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Size doesnt always=knowledge.
    Link to my journal.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=359604

Stats=currently injured ankle

best lifts at 180

bench 225/10 275/2
    Deadlift 405/5 455/1
    Full oly style Squat 325 w/belt

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by hyp3r3xt3nsion
    that soundsmore like an r/c injury waiting to happen to me *shrug*
    bump

a lil while back this excersize was asked about. And it was said that it would cuase an injury. Just look at the path that the shoulder has to take.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250) supergarr has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Side Lateral into a Shoulder Press?

Originally posted by littlun
    I saw a guy in my gym doing these. He starts from a seated side lateral position and raises the dumbbell so his arms are parallel with the floor and then without bending his arm and contracting his bicephe pushed them over his head. He also rotated his wrist in there so the dumbbells look like he is shoulder pressing them at the top. Do you guys think this would be a good shoulder builder? I figure it would because this guy swears by it and he is a massive guy.
    um, what?
    STFU YOU JIB

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I still want to know how you can do a press without bending your arms.

littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) littlun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The arms don't bend. Pretend like your doing jump-n-jacks with weights in your hands. I said its "like" a shoulder press, but its not. But I can see how it would cause injury, because when you rotate your shoulder for the 2nd half of the exercise. I just wanted to see if anyone used and to see what you think.

I poop to much has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ouch, I think my shoulder just popped out.

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    heavy r/c damage risk. ive seen them before and some guy re-popped his shoulder out.. looked pretty dam painful

Originally posted by .aeterna
    heavy r/c damage risk. ive seen them before and some guy re-popped his shoulder out.. looked pretty dam painful
    ouch

Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000) Big Nes is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Side Lateral into a Shoulder Press?

Originally posted by littlun
    I figure it would because this guy swears by it and he is a massive guy.
    Why is it that most people will take ****TY advice from a "big, muscular" person, instead of learning, OR taking advice from a smaller guy who knows his ****.

Hmm.

If you wanted to learn to play Basketball, for instance, Would you rather listen to a Player, or to the Coach?. Which one will give you more insight? Which one will explain the SCIENCE behind it?
    *ahem*. THE COACH, cuz he knows his ****.

Ok, now. This just seems like an R/C injury waiting to happen. I didn't even try to picture it.

as we see, the concenus is NO to that movement