lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I want Definition and to be tone and good shape not supe bulky

I want to be strong but lean and where the definition shows.

I dotn want to be super bulky though, but want a six pack and all...

What workout can anyone here recommend for me to use?

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Automated-Lifting-Gives-You-Definition-Myth-Response: The only way you'll get a lean body with a 6-pack for abs(if you're genetically predisposed for a 6-pack) is with proper diet and cardio. No amount of crunches and leg raises will give you a nice flat stomach. Your diet/nutrition is the MOST important part of the whole equation.

That being said, go here for some good routines, if you're new to lifting, I'd suggest the "Absolute Beginners" routine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=143006
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

i like the new Automated Response Quantum_Man.

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by tetsuo
    i like the new Automated Response Quantum_Man.
    I like it too.
    If you always do what you've always done, you will always get what you always got.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can someone please confirm that doing high reps will give you muscular endurance, but won't get you toned and defined. I told my friend (football player powerlifter) that he should cut up because he's big already. He said "no because then I gotta do high reps with less weight to tone". I told him that high reps was for muscular endurance, and that cutting and toning had to do with your diet. He says, "trust me dude I know what I'm talking about, I know for a fact that to cut up you need to use high reps". Someone please say something so I can prove to him the truth.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by hepennypacker52
    Can someone please confirm that doing high reps will give you muscular endurance, but won't get you toned and defined. I told my friend (football player powerlifter) that he should cut up because he's big already. He said "no because then I gotta do high reps with less weight to tone". I told him that high reps was for muscular endurance, and that cutting and toning had to do with your diet. He says, "trust me dude I know what I'm talking about, I know for a fact that to cut up you need to use high reps". Someone please say something so I can prove to him the truth.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hreadid=101841
    Last edited by MiloMan; 05-22-2004 at 07:03 PM.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10) lokobreed is on a distinguished road. (+10)

hmm

Milo Man that link is dead

Is that tru the only way to get toned is by a good diet?

Cut / tone / definition = low bodyfat.

If you can't see your abs (but want to), then you're packing too much fat. Remember that spot-reduction by "targeted" exercises is a myth; the fat comes off in the reverse of the order that it went on (if your gut or butt got fat first, then your gut or butt will get "un-fat" last.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Originally posted by MiloMan
    Cut / tone / definition = low bodyfat.

If you can't see your abs (but want to), then you're packing too much fat. Remember that spot-reduction by "targeted" exercises is a myth; the fat comes off in the reverse of the order that it went on (if your gut or butt got fat first, then your gut or butt will get "un-fat" last.
    I asked you this question in another thread MiloMan, but I guess you didn't see it. I see you saying that if your whatever got fat first, it will get un-fat last, in lots of threads. I believe you and everything, but I just wanted to know why that is so.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by Quantum_Man
    I asked you this question in another thread MiloMan, but I guess you didn't see it. I see you saying that if your whatever got fat first, it will get un-fat last, in lots of threads. I believe you and everything, but I just wanted to know why that is so.
    Because that's where you're predisposed to storing fat.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pecsfromnam has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I didnt get a 6 pack until I bulked up so parodoxially you need to get "bulky" and a little fat to get a good stomach. It all comes down to diet and hard training. High reps will get you ripped because a muscle building excercise becomes a cardio type excercise that elevates your heart rate and gives you a good workout.
    started working out 3 yrs ago and have gained 66 pounds, lean, no supplements

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by pecsfromnam
    High reps will get you ripped because a muscle building excercise becomes a cardio type excercise that elevates your heart rate and gives you a good workout.
    Who the hell told you that? Why do cardio in the weight room? It sure as hell won't elevate your heart rate as much as sprinting will.
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

Marauder1905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marauder1905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Marauder1905 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd consider doing 3-4 times of moderate cardio and 2x HIIT per week if I were you

Of course you will need to lift 3 times a week or so as well...

And the most important thing, have your diet in check.

-Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) -Ironside- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Run to get the tone, do some crunches and sit ups to build the muscle, throw in some rockeys to catch the sides.
    Here:

Start with a good stretch,
    Ab stretch 10-15 seconds 2x
    Chest stretch 10-15 seconds 1x
    Upper back stretch 10-15 seconds 1x
    Hamstring stretch standing 10 seconds 2x
    groin stretch sitting 15-20 seconds 2x
    calve stretch 10-15 seconds 2x

Than move onto rotations,
    Rotate your neck 3 times each direction
    Rotate you arms in circles 5 times each way
    rotate your hips 3-4 times each direction

Run in place for a minute than do about 60 jumping jacks, shake it out and take off for a run, run at least 4 miles without stopping, don't need to sprint, just a good jog, throw some stuff in there if you like, sprint/jog/sprint, run stairs, do whatever to keep it interesting, shouldn't take you no longer than 60 min from the time you start stretching till you get back from running, you should also be covered in sweat when you get back, if you're not you're cheating yourself

Do dips, pull ups and of course weights, the rest of these guys can help you with simple mass.
    old broken soldier
    ACPT, NSCA
    Hughumanity.org
    Remembering the fallen

Stasher1 - Reps owed

hmm

Originally posted by Marauder1905
    I'd consider doing 3-4 times of moderate cardio and 2x HIIT per week if I were you

Of course you will need to lift 3 times a week or so as well...

And the most important thing, have your diet in check.
    _____
    ---- What are HIIT's ??

High Intensity Interval Training --> HIIT

k

High Intense Interval Tranining

Is that like runinng intesnely at a high speed with the interval setting up high so thetreadmill is kind of at an angle?

And how long should it be done: like 10 minutes?

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by Quantum_Man
    Automated-Lifting-Gives-You-Definition-Myth-Response:
    lol...

Originally posted by jino
    lol...
    Glad you like it jino.

lokobreed, do a search for HIIT here on the boards, there's tons of threads about it, explaining it.