TinnnnyTimmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thicker Biceps!!

Hey all. here is my problem. My biceps are not very thick. My arms are about 16 to 16 1/2in. They are pretty skinny though. I want thicker arms. Does that make sense?
    Here is what im doing now for my routine:
    Barbell Curls
    Hammer Curls
    Standing Dumbell Curls
    3x8 for each
    Should i just keep working hard and wait?
    Thanks everyone

Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000) Mikey1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    forget the curls......do BB Rows, pullups and chins

your arms will not get any bigger unless the rest of your body does

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Mikey1
    forget the curls......do BB Rows, pullups and chins

your arms will not get any bigger unless the rest of your body does
    agree, grow the body as a unit to maximize your gains

AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000) AJbuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    curls are only secondary rate exercises for the biceps.

focus on doing chinups and pullups, close grip chins/pulls and it's variations, work up to a point where you can use 45lb plates on chin/dip belt. And by then your back should be a lot larger. Gotta gain weight, get a big back, and train the body synergistically in a whole unit sense rather than individually in order to get big biceps.

Drop some of the curl volume also. Or totally eliminate it and start doing exercises that requires you to lift "in space" : chins, dips, pullups.
    "Knowing is not enough, one must apply" ~ Bruce Lee

big man 85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do a lot of rows and chins/pulldowns, all of different variations, and different rep sets. Think about it, not all muscle fibers will be stimulated by going super heavy or very light.