Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ibballard's Animal Pump/Torrent Log

The Journey Begins

Got home today and it's Christmas come early! Universal has delivered to me my Animal Pump/Torrent Stack, and I'm ready to rock it out.

First things first. For those of you not familiar with these products (though you should be) here's a breakdown of what exactly they contain, and what they are for!

Animal Pump: An intense, multi-pronged pre-workout matrix designed to generate massive pumps, vascularity, and intense focus in the gym. One of the key features of this particular stack is that in addition to having all of the ingredients needed to power a workout, they come in pill form, so they are easy to get down, and you can remove the stimulant portion if you prefer to go without.

Info:
    30 Packs
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size1Pack
    Servings Per Container30
    Amount Per Serving % DV
    Vitamin C(as Ascorbic Acid) 60mg 100%
    Selenium(as Sodium Selenate) 100mcg 143%
    Foundational Creatine Matrix 3000mg
    Magnesium Creatine Chelate? (MCC)
    Tricreatine Malate (TCM)
    Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE)
    NO Blast Complex 2000mg
    Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Arginine-AKG)
    Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (Ornithine-AKG)
    Citrulline Malate
    L-Carnosine
    L-Norvaline

Energy Rush Complex** 500mg
    Methylxanthine Complex (Caffeine, Theobromine Theophylline)
    Evodiamine
    Vinpocetine

Antioxidant Complex 700mg
    Grapeseed Extract (Standardized For 95% OPC)
    N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
    Green Tea Extract (Standardized For 60% EGCG)
    K-R Alpha Lipoic Acid (K-R ALA)
    Pump Transport Complex
    1000mg Taurine
    Ginger Root Extract (Gingerols, Shaogols)
    Cinnulin PF?
    Bioperine? (Piper Nigrum Extract Standardized For A Minimum Of 95% Piperine Alkaloids)

Other Ingredients
    Methylxanthine Complex (50% Kola Nut Extract And 22% Guarana Extract), Cinnamon Root Extract, Evodiae Fructus Extract, Fenugreek Extract, Vinca Minor L. Extract, Gelatin, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Titanium Dioxide, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, FD&C Yellow #5, FD&C Yellow #6, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1

** NOTE: The proprietary Energy Rush Complex is concentrated and contained in the red capsule.

Torrent: This is a specially tailored post workout blend designed to optimally provide everything the body needs to recover and grow when it needs it the most. With high quality protein, several forms of creatine, plenty of amino acids, and a unique carbohydrate blend of D-Glucose, Maltodextrin, and Waxy Maize Starch (Known as the Osmosulin Matrix) which is perfect for rushing the much-needed nutrients directly into the muscle tissue.

Info:
    3.28 Lbs. Cherry Berry Blast
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size3Scoop(~99g)
    Servings Per Container15
    Amount Per Serving % DV
    Calories 302
    Calories From Fat 14
    Total Fat 1.5g 9%*
    Saturated Fat 1g 6%
    Total Carbohydrate 52g 17%
    Sugars 26g **
    Protein 20g 40%
    Calcium 112mg 11%
    Sodium 127mg 5%
    Potassium 192mg 6%
    Torrent Proprietary Blend 18,000mg **
    Anti-Catabolic Leucine Complex 8000mg **
    L-Leucine **
    Leucine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) **
    Leucine Ethyl Ester **
    N-Acetyl Leucine **
    Volubolic Amino Blend 7000mg **
    Taurine **
    Glutamine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AKG) **
    L-Phenylalanine **
    Citulline Malate **
    Creabolic Complex 3000mg **
    Creatine Monohydrate **
    Creatine Ethyl Ester (CEE) **
    Magnesium Creatine Chelate? (MCC) **
    Tri-Methyl Glycine (TMG) **
    ** No Daily Value established
    * Percent Daily Value based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    Other Ingredients
    Osmosulin Matrix?(D-Glucose, Waxy Maize, Maltodextrin), Partially Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Concentrate(Milk)(Providing Di-, Tri-, Oligo-, And Polypeptides), Malic Acid, Artificial Flavor, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1

I had waiting eagerly for my supply of these products, and in preparation had taken a month off of supplements (with the exception of whey protein) to better be able to quantify the effects of this stack on my workout performance.

So pre- introduction of this stack here are my stats:

Height: 6'2
    Starting BW: 183 Lbs
    Bench-Press: 245 lbs
    Squat: 325 lbs
    Deadlift: 345
    Pull-Ups: 21
    Dips: 40
    I've attached some pictures of me today, and will periodically post progress pictures.

While on this stack I will be doing a weekly alternation of clean cutting/bulking in the attempt to incrementally increase muscle mass while enhancing strength and definition. My primary focus is on cutting to increase definition, but I intend to fight tooth and nail to hold onto as much muscle as possible.

So without further ado, let the rampage begin!
    Attached Images
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Our only limitations are the ones we accept.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ibballard will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Day 1

Had a big breakfast of Oatmeal, turkey, and eggs, waited about two hours, then popped my first batch of Animal Pump.

I decided that for this first workout, which was back, shoulders, lats, and delts, I was going to test my limitations. Given the potency of this stack, and my desire to optimally utilize it, I wanted to establish just how hard I could push myself while using it. So I set out to use up absolutely everything I had in me.

Now this is not something I typically do, or recommend doing, because being an endurance athlete and regular to the gym, it takes a lot of punishment to beat my body into submission, potentially to the point where my actions are counterproductive to my bodybuilding goals. However, in this case I felt it was worth it.

For one armed exercises a set includes each arm's set

Deadlift: 6 sets, weight shift 165-345, rep shift 20-1
    Cleans: 5x10x115, 4x8x165, 1x6x175
    Barbell Shoulder Press: 4x8x115, 3x6x135
    Upright Rows: 6 Supersets: 115 to 60, rest at 60 failure
    Bent Over Rows: 4x12x135, 2x10x165, 2x4x205
    One-Armed Dumbell Rows: 2x20x45, 2x10x70, 2x5x95
    Lateral Machine Rows: 3x10x150
    Wide-Grip Pull-Downs: 3x10x130, 1x6x180
    Wide-Grip Pull-ups: 4x12, 1 negative
    Dumbell Lateral Raises: 4x15x20
    Dumbell Forward Raises: 4x15x20, 2x8x40
    Rear Delt machine: 5x10x90
    Dumbell Rotator Cuff Rotations: 5x10x20
    Lateral-Shift Push-ups: 2x20
    Dumbell Shrugs: 4x25x70 in each hand
    Decline Bench Crunches: 3 sets, no count, 10 lb weight
    Decline Bench Twists: 3 sets, no count, 10 lb weight
    Medicine Ball Crunches: 4 sets, no count, 30 lb weight
    Suspended Leg Raises: 4x20
    Dumbell Pull-Overs: 3x20x70
    Dumbell Standing Twists: 4 sets, no count, 35 lb weight

Cardio: 5K run: 18:27

Altogether this took about 2:45. I finished with the 5K, which was a personal best by a substantial margin. Afterwards I was pretty much in a daze and felt like puking, but overall I was amazed by how long I kept going and how little difficulty I had completing this workout. Whether it was the energy matrix, the whole thing, or just first-timers placebo effect, I don't know yet, but it was one hell of a workout, and though I'm probably going to be sore as hell tomorrow, I am really happy with the day one results.

I got home about ten minutes later, blended up my first serving of Torrent with some ice-cold water, and downed it. The flavor was simultaneously tangy and creamy. I tend to prefer the chocolate flavors for my post-workout protein shakes, but overall the drink was very refreshing and helped me perk back up. After I drank it I stretched out and just basically sat around for an hour, recuperating. I then had a big plate of spaghetti, with two chicken thighs shredded on top of it and some meat sauce. Definitely hit the spot. I wasn't terribly active the rest of the day, but now I'm about to go to bed, and though a little bit of the soreness is starting to touch on my back and lower biceps (odd placement there, maybe from the cleans?) I overall feel pretty good. Just had my cottage cheese, pb, flaxseed oil, and bounty of water, and am ready to let some quality rest get me back together and ready for the next chapter.
    Last edited by Ibballard; 05-16-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Forgotten exercise
    I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Seeing how much I can increase strength, endurance, and athletic performance while maintaining approximately 190 lbs and single digit bf.

Universal. Since 1977. Universal Rep's Avatar
    Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Universal Rep has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Checking in. Looking forward to your insights.
    New & Improved Universal Rep, For Universal

Day 2

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted. I've had internet issues for the last couple days, so I'll post up my last few workouts today.

Pre W/O took my animal pump, jogged to the gym.

Workout Day 2: Chest and Biceps

Bench: 1x20x135, 1x12x165, 3x8x185, 2x6x205
    Incline DB Bench: 3x12x75s
    Decline Bench: 3x10x165
    Flys: 5x15x100, 1x10x175
    Barbell Curls:3x12x80
    Dumbell Curls: 7x10x40s
    Chin-Ups: 4x12
    One-Armed DB Preacher Curls: 3x10x50
    Wide-Grip Pushups: 4x25
    Medicine Ball Crunches: 4 sets til failure
    Leg Raises: 4x25
    Cardio: 40 min on elliptical

Torrent PWO: Definitely felt a serious pump in my chest, and to a lesser extent in my biceps. The energy surge wasn't as extreme today, but there still isn't much soreness post workout. Yesterday's workout is taking it's toll though. I'm taking tomorrow off.

Day 3

Took the day off for recovery purposes. That workout til failure really took apart my back and shoulders. Going high-carb today and just eating a lot in general to help aid in recovery.

Day 4

Legs today! This is always rough for me, as I only started heavily incorporating legs into my workouts about 6 months ago, and they still don't come as naturally as a lot of the upper body work. Plus, cardio afterwards is always tough.

Pre-W/O Ate a cup of oats with pb, about 5 egg whites w 2 eggs, and two chicken breasts about 2 hours before I worked out, then right before workout drank a lot of water and downed my Animal Pump.

Workout: Legs

Squats: 1x20x135, 2x12x185, 2x8x225, 2x5x275
    DB Lunges: 5x20x50s
    Deadlifts: 5x6x225
    Leg Extensions: 4x20x150
    Leg Curls: 4x15x125
    Calf Raises: 8x25x250
    Squat Press Machine: 6x10x500
    Cardio: 10 min box jumps, 20 min elliptical HIIT, 5:15 mile

PWO: Torrent- I've been experimenting with the torrent, and have found that the best flavor/consistency occurs when I add 32 oz of water, about 10 ice cubes, and a serving of crystal lite lemonade. It's strong, but incredibly refreshing!

Note: My calves are really tight PWO, probably because they get hit the hardest over a full leg workout. I am tired, but feeling great!

delt06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) delt06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    subscribed. Really interested in how the torrent wors for you. are you using creatine on your off days to supplement the torrent?.

Day 5

Endurance Muscle day! Which includes calves, back, abs, (and I throw forearms in there just for fun).

Preworkout Animal Pump

Workout:Endurance Muscles
    Straight-Leg Deadlifts: 5x12x205
    Cleans: 8x15x135
    Good Mornings: 5x10x95
    Calf Raises: 4x25x205
    Calf-Raise Machine: 4x25x280
    Back Extensions: 4x30
    Crunches: 400
    Weighted Twists: 200
    Leg Raises: 4x30
    Wrist Curls: 2x30x95, 2x15x135
    Cardio: 16:03 5k

Did my PWO torrent, used the ice and crystal lite mixture which I'm still in love with. It seems like my muscle recovery times are a lot faster lately. Even with all the soreness that stems from good hard workouts, it's fading quickly. Better watch myself for overtraining!

delt06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) delt06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this thread shows dedication