Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Corporate Thug/Bully Sable_Strenua's Avatar
    Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nyprincess View Post
    my hips measure 39", my goal is to lose about 4 inches. im very confused about what to do i cannot motivate myself to go to the gym as much as i want to. its more convinient for me to use the elliptical stepper i have at home. Is it possible for me to lose 4 inches using just the stepper at home in 3 months?? also like you can see in my picture i gained a lot of weight around my waist its 34", i want to lose inches there too. Can anyone please tell me what to do.
    Check out this very informative sticky by terracotta - it has all the links to websites/threads in the forum that thoroughly go over proper nutrition, beginning a solid weight training regiment, and cardiovascular fitness.

If you want to build a healthy, fit, firm and shapely body you will have to do a combination of weight training, cardio, AND proper nutrition.

What are you eating now? whats a sample of your current diet? how often (if you do) lift weights? How long and how often do you workout on your elliptical at home?
    The member formally known as LadyMystique80
    A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority!
    MISC Fire Team 2

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hi..i want to get a smaller butt buh i donno how to.
    Its really frustrating to me (no offense meant to you) when girls complain that their hips are too big. My reaction is much the same as I imagine a girls might be if I said, "my dick is just too big, its enormous, how do I make it smaller"?

Big hips are the most sexually attractive feature on a women to me (more or less). Now I may be unique among men in feeling this way, the only man who has ever been attracted to big hips but somehow I doubt it. Really big hips are extremely attractive. Your hips are what sexual attraction is all about. A large hip to waist ratio is what sexual attraction is primarily about to us guys. We love big hips we love big bums its you girls who mysteriously think that they are a problem.

Now that being said it is possible to have hips that are too big but the thing that would make them too big is not their absolute size but their shape being destroyed but too much fat. As long as there is a smooth unbroken rounded curve from waist to max hip width (thighs) then tapering down again to knees, a single smooth unbroken curve, then it just is simply not possible to have hips which are too big. The bigger the better by and large.

No one but no one (who is female) turns a man off by having hips which are too big, unless the man is gay or unless there is so much fat on the hips that you get a break in the single smooth continuous curve. Its a bit like breast size. I assume you are aware that you can't turn a man off by having breasts which are too big? Well the hips are the same (as long as the shape is right).

Now that being said I have seen breasts and hips which are too big to be attractive but we are talking extremes here which are simply not possible on normal people (under 50% body fat). I mean like breasts which are the size of a small child stop being attractive to me but we are like talking freaks of nature here.

The odds that your hip bones themselves are too wide to be attractive to men are infinitesimally small. In fact they are non existent. Its is absolutely and utterly totally impossible for you to posses hip bones that would turn a man off on account of being to big. Simply not possible. Totally and utterly not possible.

If you girls could see yourselves through the eyes of us guys you would realize how silly questions such as "does my bum look big in this" and "how do I make my hips smaller" are to us guys. Now as a prepubescent male I'll admit that I thought the classic female pear shape of wide hips and narrow chest looked out of balance and deformed even, I couldn't understand what post-pubescent guys saw in such an unbalanced deformed shape. Then I went through puberty myself and suddenly found such a (hip dominant) shape to be the most incredible mind bogglingly fantastic shape in all the universe, the shape that makes the world go around, the shape that gives life meaning. I can only assume that you girls must see yourselves the way I did when I was still a boy and didn't yet have male hormones raging through my system.

On the other hand there is more than enough of you expert at showing of your curves that I suspect at least some of you do appreciate how much us men desire them.

Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Reality_Check is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    (I'm just putting this in a separate post to the above to break things up because the above is already rather long).

Now that I have tried to communicate how much us men desire wide hips on a woman, I'll theorize on why that is the case.

Basically men are attracted to women with wide hips because the size of the human skull (big due to a large brain) necessitates wide hips so that the baby can get out alive and well and without killing the mother in the process. So women and their offspring have a survival advantage if the women have wide hips. So men are more likely to reproduce their genes successfully if they fertilize a woman who's hip width ensures the survival of both her and her baby.

So a man has a reproduction advantage if he carries genes that ensure that he finds women with wide hips desirable with the wider hips being the more desirable. The more matings that lead to live children the more copies of his genes a man leaves behind. (Not exactly rocket science is it).

So not only to ensure the survival of her child but now also to ensure that the men find her attractive the women requires genes for wide hips. The thing is though that there is a limit to how wide a women's hips can get before the woman has too high a chance of suffering a hip fracture (or leg or something) due to the stresses on them and as it happens the female hip width is apparently at this limit (I'm not making this bit up I did read it in a reputable source somewhere). In other words as the hip width increases the angle the thigh bone (femur) makes to the ground (away from the normal) increases and this increases the risk of her breaking bones or otherwise hurting herself apparently.

This means that it becomes counter productive for a woman's survival if her hips become to wide (no point in surviving child birth only to become a cripple). So women's genes make their hip bones go as wide as they can but not so wide that they cripple them.

Men's genes don't take this crippling hip width limit into account however they just think the wider the better. If a woman's hips are so wide she is crippled it doesn't matter to the men's genes, as its obvious when this has occurred. In other words if a woman is still walking around then her hip width must obviously be OK hence no need for men's genes to develop any more sophisticated hip desirability detection program beyond the simple "the wider the better (and provided shes still walking)".

So men's attraction for the widest hips possible puts women's genes into an arms race with other women's genes to develop the widest hips possible but without crippling the owner. The women's genes then develop a sneaky trick to carry on this arms race for the widest hips in a way that doesn't harm the women. The trick is to deposit fat on the side of the hips to make them appear wider than they really are. The women need this fat anyway to support their breast feeding of the child when it is born. They could stick the fat anywhere (such as the tummy the way men do) but by putting it on the thighs they make men overestimate how wide their hip bones are.

This gives the women who's genes have developed this sneaky trick with the thigh fat a huge advantage over any women who's genes don't do this and so the losers who don't inherent the thigh fat gene quickly get bred out of the population. Thus we end up with pair shaped women.

You may ask why don't the men counter attack and develop gene's that detect when a women gene's are faking it with the hip width (by adding thigh fat). The answer is that it is not worth it because this thigh fat is now necessary for baby feeding as well. In fact men now have an additional reason to be attracted to wide hips, that is they no longer just require wide hipped women so that they give birth to live young but also require them so that they can feed their offspring when born. So if ever he was a reason for men to develop genes that limit the bone hip width that they are attracted to in women it goes out the window.

So men simply do best if they keep the genes that say the wider the women's hips the better. Those men who don't think wide hips are crash hot end up mating with women who have reduced chances of rearing babies successfully and over time (a lot of it) they gradually bread themselves out of the population.

Or so the theory goes.

Irrespective of whether the theory is true or not the fact remains that men are pretty much attracted to wide hips. Individual men will have varying tastes in just how wide is acceptable but as a general rule the limits of acceptable hip width for most men will more than encompass anything most normal weight women will be able to throw at them. There would be little advantage to men's reproduction success for it to be otherwise.

Of course you don't need to be running around trying to turn men on if you don't want to. You should at least know though what the facts are (i.e. small butt less attractive, big butt more attractive - to most men) so that you can make an informed choice on what you want to do. By all means develop a smaller butt if you want to, but do it for the right reasons (what ever they may be) not for the wrong reasons such as that you think it will impress men, it won't, quite the contrary.

PS: By the way I forgot to mention narrow waist with big butt is essential, the narrower the better, big waist with big butt is not attractive. If you want to impress men by making something smaller work on the waist - the genetic reason by the way is that it allows men to see you are not pregnant - no reproduction advantage in mating with a woman who's already pregnant. The hips can be as wide as you like as long as the waist is small.

nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ladymystique80 View Post

What are you eating now? whats a sample of your current diet? how often (if you do) lift weights? How long and how often do you workout on your elliptical at home?
    i am on the kellogs drop a jeans size in two weeks diet right now. so i basiclly eat cereal all day, but i cheat a lot so i am not sure if its going to work.
    On my elliptical i try to burn atleast 500 calories a day. so by the end of the week i'll be able to drop a pound.

Is the kellogs diet a healthy way to lose weight? the calories i am burning on my elliptical are they from fat or muscle or both?

Wow just noticed your avatar nyprincess. One thing that you most definitely don't have is a butt that is too big. Doesn't even come vaguely close to too big territory.

nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyprincess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Wow just noticed your avatar nyprincess. One thing that you most definitely don't have is a butt that is too big. Doesn't even come vaguely close to too big territory.
    it doesnt seem like it in the picture, but i have been told before that i have a big butt.

Corporate Thug/Bully Sable_Strenua's Avatar
    Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000) Sable_Strenua is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i am on the kellogs drop a jeans size in two weeks diet right now. so i basiclly eat cereal all day, but i cheat a lot so i am not sure if its going to work.
    On my elliptical i try to burn atleast 500 calories a day. so by the end of the week i'll be able to drop a pound.

Is the kellogs diet a healthy way to lose weight? the calories i am burning on my elliptical are they from fat or muscle or both?
    whoa whoa whoa!!!
    the kellogs special-k diet??? no way - that will NOT sustain you and will NOT help you build solid muscle.

Don't listen to what you may have previously heard about muscles making one "too bulky" or "too huge" - that is all a lie. As a matter of fact, the more muscle you build, the more calories you burn when at a state of rest. So no matter what your goal is (losing weight, putting on weight) you should always stride to build and maintain your muscle mass.

Muscles need a steady supply of complex carbohydrates, proteins and fats (preferably the 'healthy' fats - monounsatuated & polyunsaturated)

More than likely, if you're over-working that elliptical (and going for 500cals a day sounds like you possibly are) you're burning & wasting away that precious muscle!!

Step away from the elliptical and take this one step at a time. First off, getting a proper nutritional lifestyle down.

This site contains TONS of useful information when it comes to proper, CLEAN eating - eating to build muscle mass and burn fat (ultimately that is what you want to do)

Once you get a good, steady nutrition program going then move on to weight-training. Start simple - like a full body workout.

Monitor your feelings, reactions, etc in a journal to determine what is and isn't working for you. I also suggest you take a peak at some of the ladies training journals in the journal sub-forum - u can get some excellent sample meal plans there.

happy training!
    The member formally known as LadyMystique80
    A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority!
    MISC Fire Team 2

darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darkangel has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

No fad/gimmick crash diet is ever going to give you long-term, sustainable results. You're looking for the quick-fix, spot reduction, easy solution - one that works even when you frequently cheat - and there's just not such a thing.

Time to step back and take the time to educate yourself on smart ways to combine weight training, cardio and a healthy diet to gain sexy muscle and lose fat. There's great info here in the stickies. I'd also recommend Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet book.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX youngNhopefull7's Avatar
    youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngNhopefull7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by mauiwaaui View Post
    hmmmm........19 posting in the 35 and over.....if you are even female....no info to go by......avatar just by the look of it would not indicate a huge butt.........leaving this one to the others......

Disregard........and my apologies........I was on the 35 and older forum and this came up at least on my screen.........still say by your avatar does not look like you would have a huge butt.....peace out
    HAHAHA Read before you post man....FEMALE BODYBUILDING haha NOT 35 and over........

hahha good1 youngnhopeful all this time i thought i was posting in the wrong forum. Oh well

King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) King16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mauiwaaui View Post
    hmmmm........19 posting in the 35 and over.....if you are even female....no info to go by......avatar just by the look of it would not indicate a huge butt.........leaving this one to the others......

Disregard........and my apologies........I was on the 35 and older forum and this came up at least on my screen.........still say by your avatar does not look like you would have a huge butt.....peace out
    ok, wtf are u doing in the female section harrassin a 19 yr old girl? and everyone else lay off the girl, anybody got a problem solve it.

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree with a previous poster that you butt is not big. Doesn't mean you shouldn't get into bodybuilding and try to better yourself, but don't let mean things people may say get to you.

Also don't go with the Kellog's diet. Keep doing research on here and find out over time what you really should be doing. Good luck and have fun with it.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) B P Spin is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Whatever diet you do end up choosing, don't cheat.

I am not following any particular diet, i am just trying to eat healthy. Its been a week, i'll check my weight tomorrow. I just hope i lose 2 pounds. I havent lost any inches, i am very upset. I think im expecting results very fast. I just hope i see a difference in my weight tomorrow or i might lose intrest. Im trying very hard to keep myself motivated But oh well lets see what happens tomorrow.

OMGG i lost 2 pounds !!!

sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sungoddesskatie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink

Congrats!!
    Can't wait to start up keto again.

I don't care if it hurts,
    I wanna have control.
    I want a perfect body,
    I want a perfect soul.

Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die tomorrow.

Question

thanks katie !!!

i checked my weight the first thing this morning and it was a 133.8. How did i lose 1.2 pounds in just one day? and from where? my waist and hips measure the same? and i did not work out yesterday, how did this happen

skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skizbees is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks katie !!!

i checked my weight the first thing this morning and it was a 133.8. How did i lose 1.2 pounds in just one day? and from where? my waist and hips measure the same? and i did not work out yesterday, how did this happen
    You probably lost water weight. That's normal.