diskey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diskey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) diskey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What are your best tips for not gaining much fat in the bulking phase ?

I packed on 17-18 pounds from the 10. of January until 1. of April.
    Sure it's very nice gains but probably at least 7 of them are fat. Now I'm having a hard time getting ripped- after three weeks with cutting I've lost 6 pounds and my bodyfat is about 10-11 %

What do you people recommand for gaining as little fat as possible in the bulking season ?

food intake calculations ?
    ratios of % of protein, fat, carbs ?
    cardio while bulking ?
    +++
    Last edited by diskey; 04-25-2002 at 04:44 AM.
    --::you only live once - play the game !::--

Registered User BodybuildingKid's Avatar
    BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodybuildingKid is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cardio while bulking won't work, if your afraid to gain fat while bulking then don't bulk at all, thats all i can say

10-11 bf? thats not bad at all man

just stay away from the big fats in your diet, im sure you can eliminate as much fat as possible but your still gonna have allot of fat with your muscle, if you gain1 lbs of muscle every 1-2 pounds of fat thats good, so i dunno wut ur problem is

str8 flexed or big Red can prolly give u some tips, but ur gonna get fat with ur muscle when u bulk its impossible not to unless ur doin roids.

pz
    "Observe not that which is seen, but that which is not seen." -Dennis Nackord , Kenpo Karate System.

"No pain no ****in gain, GO PSYCHO U ****IN PUSSY, UP THAT ****IN WEIGHT, UP THEM REPS BITCH RAHH"

"I beleive that everything you do bad, comes back to you. So everything i do bad, im going to suffer for it.. But in my heart.. i beleive what i am doin is right.. So i feel like i am going to heaven" - Tupac Shakur June '96

seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) seanconnery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bump the above, and stay away from simple sugars too, aside from that in your post-workout shake.

shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000) shaun is just really nice. (+1000)
    true, oatmeal should be your staple, if you can stand it!

SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SuperFreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: What are your best tips for not gaining much fat in the bulking phase ?

Originally posted by diskey
    I packed on 17-18 pounds from the 10. of January until 1. of April.
    Sure it's very nice gains but probably at least 7 of them are fat. Now I'm having a hard time getting ripped- after three weeks with cutting I've lost 6 pounds and my bodyfat is about 10-11 %

What do you people recommand for gaining as little fat as possible in the bulking season ?

food intake calculations ?
    ratios of % of protein, fat, carbs ?
    cardio while bulking ?
    +++
    That's really not that much fat at all. You can't gain muscle mass without gaining some fat. It just doesn't work that way. Tips to avoid too much fat though; Eat clean. Keep fatty foods to minimum. Don't overdoe the carbs especially later on in the day. And have your last meal about 2 hours before you go to bed.
    Rated R because of the ripped slabs of ****in muscle that you could only dream about. And that dream would be the wettest ****in dream you ever had because you take a look at me and think that it's just too damn good to be true. Don't **** with me and I won't **** with you.

Enjoy your next meal.

Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mr.Lean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Gaining the least fat when bulking- eat 5-6 regular meals high in protein , complex carbs and some healthy fats. Do a couple of cardio sessions a week - say 2* 20 mins after lifting. Keep an eye on your waist- my rule is that if I add more than 2 inches around my waist then its cutting time. If you add to much fat then reduce meal sizes(reduce carbs), hence calories and aim to add around 3 pounds a month. Get body fat measuremnts every month to make sure most of the weight your gaining is muscle and not fat.
    Basically increase calories slightly if your not gaining muscle and reduce them slightly if your gaining too much fat- youll soon find you ideal intake range.Dont make the mistake of being afraid to gain a LITTLE fat, little not excessive. If your diet is good but your not gaining muscle then review your training programme and rest.

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    go here, really good article by str8 http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne.htm
    1......2......3...... LIFT

Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have seen ppl here whining about getting fat in no ****ING time coz they bulk in a very stupid immature way.

bulking doesnt necessarily mean that u can eat wateva u want in wateva amount.

while bulking SLOWLY increase ur calories i would say from 250 calories and gradually increase from there and see hwo u progress.

i hate it when ppl cry about gettting fat.

its ur choice, either eat eva u want and whenever u want and get FAT then u would have to diet diet longer to get cut.

or eat clean in good quantities, give ur self cheat meals once in a while and gain quality muscle and u would have to spend less time cuttting .

everyone knows CUTTING sucks. so think.