Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Absolute core exercises for gaining mass?

Not using barbells, only dumbells what are the absolute core exercises that i should be doing to gain mass?

what rep range is best for gaining mass, ive read its 4-6

how many sets should i be doing for each exercise?

i will be doing a 3 day split, this will be chest + triceps, back + biceps, legs + shoulders followed by 20mins cardio

so could u make a list like i will do with all the MUST exercises that i should be doing

chest: i think this is flat and incline bench?
    triceps
    biceps
    back
    legs
    shoulders

any help greatly appreciated

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is a sticky on this, but:

Upper chest- Incline press

Lower chest- Flat bench press, leaning forward dips

Shoulders- Military presses, side laterals, bent over laterals

Triceps- Close grip bench presses, dips, and skullcrushers

Traps- Power shrugs, shrugs

Back in general- Deadlifts

Middle back- Rows

Lats- Pullups, chinups

Lower back- Goodmornings

Biceps- Chinups, curls

Forearms- Static Holds, deadlifts, wrist curls

Rotator Cuffs- Cuban rotations

Hands- Pinch grips, crushing grip

Core (abs)- Overhead squats, crunches, heavy compound movements

Legs in general- squats ass to the grass, stiff legged deadlifts

Quads- Front squats

Hamstrings- Stiff legged deadlifts, glute ham raises

Glutes- Squats ass to the grass, stiff legged deadlifts

Calves- Power shrugs, calf raises

Tibialis (sp?)- Toe raises

Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swaggydoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats a great list dude, are there any in there that i have to do with barbell, that i cant do with dumbells, because the gym i go to doesnt have barbells, its just a gym at a leisure centre for people to keep fit relly, not alot of equipment that a gym more geared towards BB's would have

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Swaggydoo
    thats a great list dude, are there any in there that i have to do with barbell, that i cant do with dumbells, because the gym i go to doesnt have barbells, its just a gym at a leisure centre for people to keep fit relly, not alot of equipment that a gym more geared towards BB's would have
    Find another gym or talk to the owner about expanding it. That would definitely be your best option.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Heisman's list has great exercises on it that you should be able to do with just dumbbells. Although some exercises may be tough when you get up there in weight as far as handling the dumbbells or finding dumbbells that heavy. But you can create a very good routine with just dumbbells.

Good luck.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ynnhoj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not using barbells, only dumbells what are the absolute core exercises that i should be doing to gain mass?

with and without db's
    *isolated jumps- start in a full squatting position and jump as high as you can, throwing your arms and reaching high. get your feet set and continue the count. start at 10 reps, take a short rest then do 11 reps, then 12, then 13, then 14, then 15, then work your way back to 10...if ya can.
    *lunges- hold the heaviest set of db's, that allow you to do the full movement with balance and control.
    *sprints or run hills
    *wide and narrow width push ups. (sets to failure)
    *wide and narrow width push ups with feet elevated on chair.
    *seated military press
    *dips (sets to failure)
    *pull ups (sets to failure)
    *rows
    *stiff legged lifts
    *abs