bobs_your_uncle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

should i feel sore the day after a work out

so this morning when i got up, found that my pecs were still sore im thinking of lowering the weight to reduce over training. But i would luv to here what all of you have to say
    16 years old
    6 feet 250lbs
    max bench 280
    max squat 240 x8

CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CrazyTall has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thta is normal. Give it 3 days to fully recuperate.
    no sig

Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Davesta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Automated soreness response:

Soreness isn't a good indicator of a good workout. The reason for this is that the soreness you feel after a workout - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, or DOMS - is not necessarily connected to hypertrophy (growth).

The exact cause of DOMS is still being questioned, but the most widely accepted view is that it is caused by an ineffecient recruition of muscle fibres by the Central Nervous System (CNS). When you are new to lifting, or are lifting harder, heavier or longer than normal, you're CNS probably won't be working efficiently. By this I mean that your motor units won't be working in sync, so to speak, and so certain muscle fibres in the muscle will contract whilst other will not. The effect that this causes is for muscle fibres to be splayed apart from each other. If you think of your muscles like a rope, it's like certain strands being pulled out from the rope, causing it to splay. This trauma in the muscle causes an inflamatory effect. So you body sends fluids to the area to help repair it, thus inflaming it and causing the surrounding pain receptors to react to it - thus you feel pain, or soreness!!

This is completely different to the trauma which causes hypertrophic effects. When we talk about the muscle being broken down and rebuilt, what we are talking about is damage to the myosin-actin cross bridge. A single muscle fibre is made up of two main protein filaments known as actin and myosin. The muscle contracts by the two of these effectively pulling on each other. When the load the muscle is trying to lift becomes too large, these two filaments basically snap apart. This is when the supercompensation effect kicks in, and your body sets about rebuilding your muscles larger than before.

As you can see, the two of these can happen entirely independently of one another - the splaying of muscle fibres may occur without any trauma to the actin-myosin cross bridge and vice versa. Although they usually do occur together in most individuals, there is absolutely no useful relationship between the two when it comes to building muscle.
    Injured O-lifter!

Biasedbulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    While that's probably true, soreness can also indicate which muscle groups you've hit if you're trying to rearrange your workout... No worries about the soreness -- mine was always worse on the second day after for some reason, not the first day after... I think it's genetic, because it's the same for my older brother and dad.
    "That which does not kill me delays
    the inevitable." -Despair.com