Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Running after workout?

I know running after a workout is detrimental to bodybuilding, but does this apply to sports (strength) too? I assume so, but hadn't seen anything about it.

The reason I ask is my coach felt the need to start doing "plyometrics" (it's more just plain running) every day when the weight room closes.

PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya bump i been wondering the samething. my team also runs after workouts.
    The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows.
    - Aristotle

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
    - Michael Jordan

T Bender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We do too,

but that doesnt help you any
    FootBall player
    pos. linebacker
    age 17
    weight 195
    bench 280
    squat 435
    dead 410
    curl 165
    clean 240

T Bender has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess if everyone is doing it, it must be alright
    FootBall player
    pos. linebacker
    age 17
    weight 195
    bench 280
    squat 435
    dead 410
    curl 165
    clean 240

Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Odan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dunno, it seems logical that it wouldn't help. Obviously it doesn't affect a lot of people, but still...anyone know?
    Summer Football Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290322

Feel free to comment and read along.

Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000)
    What sport are you playing? Remember lifting is not the be all end all of sports training. In highschool, speed is very important and is a valued commodity. I don't know what your program is, but generally you should do any sprint/plyo work before the weightroom. Also, I doubt it'll effect you negatively unless you're trying to get fat or have the worst program ever.

It's for football.
    Summer Football Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290322

Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000) Person is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by Odan
    It's for football.
    Well, unless you're a lineman (maybe even then) you need speed, so I don't think having you run is a bad idea.

Alright, then I have another question. If I'm taking creatine/protein shakes postworkout, should I drink them and then run, or wait untill after I'm done running?

PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PunisherHCK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, then I have another question. If I'm taking creatine/protein shakes postworkout, should I drink them and then run, or wait untill after I'm done running?
    you should have yor shake a quickly as you can right after your workout. if you have time do it b4 you run.
    The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows.
    - Aristotle

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
    - Michael Jordan

Butter24cf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

running

well actually after a long day of running and working out the lactic acid is built up into the muscles...
    the final run at the end of the workout/drill work favors the body by helping flush the lactic acid buildup away and continuing the body's recovery cycle in rebuilding what was broken down by the intensity within the workset of the day...
    You only get what you put in

Re: running

Originally posted by Butter24cf
    well actually after a long day of running and working out the lactic acid is built up into the muscles...
    the final run at the end of the workout/drill work favors the body by helping flush the lactic acid buildup away and continuing the body's recovery cycle in rebuilding what was broken down by the intensity within the workset of the day...
    Good point.

Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sammo777 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Yea Run after you workout. Not before.. lol I found out teh hard way..
    170 LBs.
    5'11

Originally posted by Sammo777
    Yea Run after you workout. Not before.. lol I found out teh hard way..
    Charlie Francis recommends speed work before.

LifeLiquid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am training for football to, so take my advice run after workouts but wait about 4 hrs or plus later to do so.
    www.myspace.com/ukbarnaby

Would it be better to run around 4 PM assuming I worked out in the morning 7 or 8ish? I'm trying to figure out my schedule for summer, and I know I need to run more then I have been. I don't think this would be overtraining? I mean, I'd refuel and possibly nap in between the two.

Would it be better to run around 4 PM assuming I worked out in the morning 7 or 8ish? I'm trying to figure out my schedule for summer, and I know I need to run more then I have been. I don't think this would be overtraining? I mean, I'd refuel and possibly nap in between the two.
    That isn't a bad idea at all as you could be pretty fresh for both workouts.

user461781 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have college workout programs from Univ of Nebraska and NC state where the trainer that wrote the program has helped 40 kids from his program into the NFL in 12 years or suttin. THey both have sprinting type workouts and have you play dogeball or two hand touch after workin out depending on the position you play.