No treble, no care KeepOnShruggin's Avatar
    KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000)

Working out Chest with triceps, or biceps?

Currently I have been working out Chest with Triceps, and Back with Biceps on two different days.

What do yall think about working chest with biceps, and back with triceps?

I figure I would be able to lift more and work harder when they are paired like that.

Does anybody workout like this? Did you respond better or worse than doing chest and triceps; back and biceps?

My current program (from M&F May issue)
    day 1
    chest, shoulders, and triceps
    day 2
    legs and abs
    day 3
    back, biceps, and forearms
    day 4
    rest
    and repeat

ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ba199 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you could probably find this out by looking around a little bit but it looks good how it is right now. you work tris indirectly with shoulder and chest exercises already, and biceps with back exercises. Its better to keep it how it is

ronh33417 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I tried that workout and found it too much, personally my arms respond better to being trained alone. My current split is
    Day 1 - Chest
    Day 2 - Back, Traps
    Day 3 Rest
    Day 4 - Arms
    Day 5 - Legs, Shoulders
    6,7 Rest...This has really worked for me, again because of working arms& shoulders seperate from the bigger muscle groups ( chest & back ) I am able to train them harder.
    " Get busy livin, or get busy dyin..."

No treble, no care KeepOnShruggin's Avatar
    KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ba199 View Post
    you could probably find this out by looking around a little bit but it looks good how it is right now. you work tris indirectly with shoulder and chest exercises already, and biceps with back exercises. Its better to keep it how it is
    I was thinking that since I would work them separately, then they would be able to grow more, because I would be lifting more.

Is this true? Or will the triceps grow just as much if I work them in the same day as chest? When I finish my chest workout, my triceps are tired, so I can't lift as much. But if I work them on my back day (and work biceps with chest) then I will be able to lift more.

Will it matter any? Because they are still getting worked on as hard as I can.