Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Crone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have had to give more attention to other commitments, so reduced cardio.

Tuesday:

45 Minutes on the Elliptical

Wednesday:

Off

Thursday:

1 hour Treadmill

Friday:

30 Minutes Elliptical

Saturday:

Off

Sunday:

Will be Off.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Team G,

did 20mins HIIT Yesreday PM... Did 40mins today. I have to do one session tommorow to make 5. This week was cooling down week, i did nothing, maybe 5 sessions is okay, but i have reached a point where 5 looks like nothing. That was my mental target, before 3 was much now 5 feels like nothing.

Next week should be my HIIT phase.

teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250) teewoods has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Matthew Shepard
    School is out now, and I don't really move around as much throughout the day as I did when school was in session.

Do you think I could benefit from throwing a 3rd 30-40 min cardio session in every day, or would that just be over kill for me?

thanks
    3rd session? You might want to take 2 days off in a row. And incorporate walking a few hours instead, just to give the body a rest. Then jolt it back by doing cardio.

3 sessions? If you supplement and eat well then no problem. I did 3 sessions 5 days a week when i was sprinting. The hours were pretty well spread. But you have to increase you meals. But you make up for a high metabolism all day. However, the training was intense, well it was fun then, but if I did it now I would consider it very intense.

6am Technique training: light jogging and stretching focusing on technique. 4 -5 light sprints@ 60%

12noon: Endurance training: more intense and longer 400m

6 -7pm: speed training - shorter distance 60m

That was 3 HIIT workouts a day. Some would say it’s mad, but that’s what everyone did. I won’t recommend it unless you eat every well and have sufficient rest especially sleep. Also, its only something one should do for a short period of time a few weeks. Cardio was always cycled among season athletes. They had periods of reduced cardio and intense cardio. Your body would never adapt and you would certainly lose fat more efficiently.

Another alternative would be to reduce your 50mins session to 30mins and adding 2 more 30mins session. Making 90mins. At the moment you do 85mins a day.. Spreading it to 3 x 30mins would give you a much higher metabolism throughout the day. You might be burning the same calories (maybe 5min difference) but your metabolism would be kicked into higher gear. The moderate cardio lovers counter to HIIT. Of course not many people have the time, but if you do, then all the better. Much better than watching TV during the day.

oh and you get to have 210 points a week...just kidding , don’t even think about it!!!

Derek,

I don’t think anyone can really argue with you, your results speak for themselves. The reason why I harp on about doing cardio 24/7 is mainly to encourage people to do it for the cardiovascular benefits and people to get into the habit. with a longer term view. The more we have the attitude ' I want be fit and active' as to 'I want to look good'. The higher the chances of a fat loss and better health in the long run. Even you have to admit many body builders are unhealthy and cant run a mile without nearly collapsing.

The thing about Bodybuilding is that, it can be impractical and difficult to follow. I assume your quite young. When I gave up sprinting at 22. I never did any cardio till now and that’s 10years later. My metabolism was sky high after over a decade of HIIT. I could eat a horse and no fat would show. Everyday was a cheat day x 10. I pulled this off till I was 27, and then I noticed my love handles creeping up. 'I’d lose fat in no time if I work out' I’d say to myself. Still held the same belief when I was 30, by then it was getting late.

The final straw was when I ran to catch a train.... I thought I was going to have a heart attack and I was only 31! It wasn't the fat I had put on that worried me (it did, but I assumed I could still lose it) it was the very thought of how badly in shape I had become.

Hey, I love bodybuilding always had when I was a kid. In those days when I was about 12 -13 I would lift buckets of water and sand as my DB. Oh and the bull worker was big in those days.

But while I now lift, although don’t enjoy it like before, I try and channel my attention to being fit and healthy. The fat loss becomes a by-product. One thing I would say is that I don’t regret drinking and eating like rouge in my 20's. It was perhaps the best time. I guess I earned the right coos while I was a teenager all I did was workout.

I’m looking to take up squash or some activity later this year. One question I like to ask many body builders is, how long do you think you can maintain this lifestyle of lifting and cutting/bulking and calorie counting? 20yrs? 30?

I guess it’s a case of taking one lift at a time.

jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jpdn83 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Week 3, Day 6 (Saturday)

45 minutes of outdoor bicycling...working on that tan
    M.S. Sport Management (in progress)
    B.S. Kinesiology
    http://bodybuilding.com/fun/jonpaul.htm

Registered User Matthew Shepard's Avatar
    Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew Shepard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Team E Yesterday:

45min@70-80%max in the AM

35 min @ 70-80% max in the PM
    RIP Matthew Shepard--gone but NEVER forgotten!

Check Out My Transformation Photos! (305lb-159lb) : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152603323&p=1043189043&viewfull=1#post1043189043

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

TEAM G

Saturday 22nd

35 min treadmill intervals (6-8mph)
    25 min treadmill 15% incline @ 4mph

diet today was NOT good

Alcatraz Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thur-Frid-Sat

Thursday - Nothing

Friday - 30 minutes Intense Running

Saturday - 15 minutes HIIT/after long weight session
    Cutting like mo-fo
    Start 215lb, 30%
    Week 1 - 213, 30%
    Week 2 - 211, 30%
    Week 3 - 211, 30%
    30%! Peice of #$% bio scale!

ParappaRap14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team D

What an intensity cardio session. 30 min. of heavy Dance Dance Revolution. No puedo camina.

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Team F

Yawn, so tired hehe

Did a medium/high intensity 45 minute session on stair stepper
    and
    played a hour game of basketball

Plan to lift tommorow and maybe do some cardio =)

JohnR_In_LA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team D

40 Minutes Saturday - Rollerblading at Moorpark College.
    JR

ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ViolatorJF has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thursday, I walked a little over 2 miles at around 3.5mph.

Missed it Friday, but walked in the park for about 2hours on Saturday...probably 5 miles or so.

Team E, Team E, Team E...

mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mslisa29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thursday didn't do cardio...treadmill down and got super busy rest of the day...

Friday, did my usual 2 miles and walking in 35 minutes.

Rested Saturday and Sunday because of my knee being sore...will go at it again Monday morning!

E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) E-Sizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did 30 minutes of moderate cardio. I weighed myself today and I come in at 239 lbs, a gain of three. I was wondering why but my diet was as tight as a hooker's ass. I bought a lot of better foods. So this week should hopefully be good. I'm tired of bouncing back and forth. I'm also getting my EC stack later this week so that should help light the fire under my ass to eat better too.

Re: TEAM G

Originally posted by Worldwide
    Thursday 20th

30min treadmill intervals (6-8mph)
    35min treadmill - 5% incline @ 4.3mph

was this 2 sessions or one?

Originally posted by marcFE
    Team F

60 minutes biking
    90 minute conditioning/foot movements and so on
    hour lacross
    30 minutes jogging

Cya all gonna go do something hope you all having a good day

Also did upper body workout
    Marc,

i'm not sure if you read my posts but for the 100000th time what days times do you do these workouts?

Everyone here atleast puts the days.It just make things easier for me..

Team G,

did 45mins mod cardio. Next week diet change CKD.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)

Re: Re: TEAM G

Originally posted by teewoods
    was this 2 sessions or one?
    oops, sorry tee - that was ONE session.

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't remember the last day I posted my cardio. I think it was Tursday. Been a busy weekend. I'll look back through the thread later...just want to make sure I get it all posted..So here is for the weekend.

Team C
    DeezGst

Friday May 21st,
    20min run 1.4mi
    abs
    20min run 7.0mi 2.14

Sat May 22nd
    OFF

Sunday May 22nd
    26min run 7.0-9.0mph 3.4mi
    arm workout
    20min run 6.0mph 2.06mi

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]

Alcatraz Boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sunday

Sunday -
    Evening - 30 mins of TAE BO
    Cutting like mo-fo
    Start 215lb, 30%
    Week 1 - 213, 30%
    Week 2 - 211, 30%
    Week 3 - 211, 30%
    30%! Peice of #$% bio scale!

TEAM G

Sunday 23rd

60min session - 30min treadmill run/30min treadmill brisk walking

Alright, we're halfway through this thing!

somnambulant has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Week 3, Day 7, PM

35 minute jog/run outside this afternoon

I know its against the spirit of the competition, but I think I may just stick to to 5 sessions a week for the next three weeks. Energy and motivation haven't been an issue for me, but I don't feel like I'm getting any better results by doing more than that. I don't know...

Iceman/Slider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team F!!!

Well, I was slacking earlier this week. I didn't do any cardio on wednesday or thurday. Then I got fed up with myself and decided to hit it hard.

Friday I did 40 mins @ 6mph at 6:15AM and 10:15PM

Saturday, 40 @ 6 mph at 8:10 AM and 8:30 PM

Saturday, 40 @ 6 mph at 10:48 AM and 8:00 PM

Hope to keep up this pace. Love the way I feel.
    Starting 12/18/2003
    25% Bodyfat
    6'1
    195lbs

Iceman/Slider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry that last row on my last post should be Sunday, not Saturday.
    Starting 12/18/2003
    25% Bodyfat
    6'1
    195lbs

ParappaRap14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team D

Sorry no cardio today. Ive been going through some stuff, so im starting to slack a bit.

JohnR_In_LA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Team D

Sunday - 1 session - 35 Minutes of 1 on 1 basketball <pant> <gasp>
    JR

DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeezGst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by teewoods
    Derek,

I don’t think anyone can really argue with you, your results speak for themselves. The reason why I harp on about doing cardio 24/7 is mainly to encourage people to do it for the cardiovascular benefits and people to get into the habit. with a longer term view. The more we have the attitude ' I want be fit and active' as to 'I want to look good'. The higher the chances of a fat loss and better health in the long run. Even you have to admit many body builders are unhealthy and cant run a mile without nearly collapsing.

The thing about Bodybuilding is that, it can be impractical and difficult to follow. I assume your quite young.
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread...You make all good points, and yes I can see how bodybuilding would be very impractical for some to follow. I guess I am decently still young...:-) 24. Feels good to know that's still considered young, can't believe I'm going to be 25 next year... holy cow. I just want to say I certianly wasn't trying to say to much cardio is bad for someone health wise, maybe just not the most efficent way to spare muscle. That is, if your diet isn't in order with your amount of activitiy. Trust me though, when I was obese, fat, overweight whatever you want to call it I could honestly have cared less I just wanted to rid myself of the fat and get in better shape overall.

My cardiovascular health has made incredible gains since I started. I used to barley hit a mile in 16mins or so. Now I can blast one out in right at 7:30. I'd say that's a pretty significant change, hell better then my quickest in High School, of course even so I'm in a lot better shape then I even was in High School. Now I run about 3-4 miles a day. Before I changed my life I would have been lucky to make it 2. Hell 1 was difficult enough. So I can admire anyone's will to just want to be healthy and support them fully.

However, for me now that I'm at a considerable lower bodyfat sparing muscle is a major priority for me, so I tend to think one sided sometimes. Everyone is doing a great job and should stick to what works for them, afterall everyone is different.

Derek
    Current Cutt after 6 mo bulk
    206-177

Summer Last year 04':
    161@10%BF

Summer 05' goal
    Goal 165-167@10%BF.

Transformation photos:
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=270629[/url]
    [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193621[/url]