rubix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How can I be too skinny and too fat?

I am a 5'8 male, have a small frame and weigh between 128 to 133lbs usually. This is considered slightly underweight or on the lower end of all height/weight scales I've tried online.

Now my problem is that I 'm too skinny in some parts, and too fat in others. I don't like how I look at all.

For example, while standing straight up I can see some of my ribcage a little on my sides (gross), yet when I bend forward all the sudden a fairly big lump of fat hangs from my belly (what the!?). Same for when I sit down. This is a "spare tire" I assume. I have no visible abs.

Also, I have always had a big ass since I was a child! It's jay-lo big and sticks out far it seems, and lacks muscle or tone/firmness. And my thighs seem to be too big on the sides too too. My legs are not stick-skinny like you'd think they'd be too, yet my wrists are skinny and twig like, which I hate.

And finally, what bothers me the most is my chin. I think it was initionally caused by some medication I had to take for a few months (Prednisone), but now my face is slightly chubby and when I tilt my head/chin downward a large lump of bulgey fat appears under my chin. It's seriously disturbing to see and it's not going away. I want that gone the most!

So how do I fix this? I can not just lose weight because I already am ~130lbs, yet I do have weird fat deposits I want gone.

And how does one increase the size of their wrists/lower arms? Is that even possible, can a wrist add muscle?

I don't know how to fix myself.

Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000) Worldwide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what do you do for exercise?

nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50) nokturn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Re: How can I be too skinny and too fat?

Originally posted by rubix
    I am a 5'8 male, have a small frame and weigh between 128 to 133lbs usually. This is considered slightly underweight or on the lower end of all height/weight scales I've tried online.

Now my problem is that I 'm too skinny in some parts, and too fat in others. I don't like how I look at all.

For example, while standing straight up I can see some of my ribcage a little on my sides (gross), yet when I bend forward all the sudden a fairly big lump of fat hangs from my belly (what the!?). Same for when I sit down. This is a "spare tire" I assume. I have no visible abs.

Also, I have always had a big ass since I was a child! It's jay-lo big and sticks out far it seems, and lacks muscle or tone/firmness. And my thighs seem to be too big on the sides too too. My legs are not stick-skinny like you'd think they'd be too, yet my wrists are skinny and twig like, which I hate.

And finally, what bothers me the most is my chin. I think it was initionally caused by some medication I had to take for a few months (Prednisone), but now my face is slightly chubby and when I tilt my head/chin downward a large lump of bulgey fat appears under my chin. It's seriously disturbing to see and it's not going away. I want that gone the most!

So how do I fix this? I can not just lose weight because I already am ~130lbs, yet I do have weird fat deposits I want gone.

And how does one increase the size of their wrists/lower arms? Is that even possible, can a wrist add muscle?

I don't know how to fix myself.
    Were you chubby when you were younger? I'm sorta with you on that problem. In my case, I used to be fat when I was in my younger teen years, and eventually lost a lot of weight, but because I just made the biggest dieter's mistake which was to eat very little. But now, at 19 years old, I'm eating right and healthy, and exercising regularly. I also have a little bit of spare fat to lose, like around my mid section. Anyway, post your diet if you can, and tell us if you exercise and what you do.

KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10) KingWill is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You don't need to lose weight, you need to lose fat. Don't confuse the two. You need to start an exercise program of some kind. Any kind. Build a little muscle and speed up your metabolism and the fat will start to melt away.

Majin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do you even work out ? dont expect to be looking "fine" just because you are not over weighted or anything - your not fat but your body is just without training and sport...pretty normal for joe average - just start going to gym and it will be alot better after a few month

you dont need a diet, just sport

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Your body type is genetically predetermined. I also have big legs. You should lift upper and lower body and do cardio. You will gain muscle and lose fat. Being that you are only 130lbs I suggest a maintenance diet, or a slight increase in your caloric intake (only if you are lifting and doing cardio though).
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vayne_E has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had this same problem. It's a major pain. You bulk and you feel fat and you cut and you feel scrawny. I weighed out what I wanted more. I decided to bulk. And I..well...got fat. But then I cut and looked pretty good. Then I bulked and I now am looking pretty good. Or at least compared. Looking at my old pictures it's clearly a large change. I would personally recomend bulking first cause you have to have a little bit of muscle to show when you cut but to each his own. Hope this helps.

rubix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was never chubby as a kid.

I never exercised until recently, but I sorta stopped since I have no endurance and didn't burn many calories. I have an ellipitcal machine.

GSMan300 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rubix,

It is NOT possible to significantly increase the size of your wrist with muscle.

However, this is not always a bad thing. If you build up your biceps and forearms then your skinny wrists will help give the illusion that you have really big biceps.

THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50) THX 138 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you need to eat your spinich

...As for the wrists, I lost 80 lbs and took 2 links out of my watch and I can see my veins WAYYYYYYYYYY better now.
    Last edited by THX 138; 05-18-2004 at 02:17 AM.
    -Tas

height: 5' 10.5"
    weight: 210 lbs. was 280++ lbs.