crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My motivation to workout is evaporating. Help!

I've been working out regularly for the last six months, and I've been making great gains. However, in the last two weeks I've had serious problems getting motivated to get into the gym. It's at the point now where I see working out as just hard work. It's not fun anymore. I also had a minor injury about three weeks ago, and that discouraged me, even though it's pretty much healed now. I've also had a number of persistent aches and pains, which makes me have to be careful with the weights instead of blasting my muscles in the gym. All told it gotten me down to the point where I'm wondering if I can keep it up. I sometimes think of how fun it would be to take the time I spend in the gym and instead play tennis or go fishing or whatever. It's funny, because when I started back last year I was so fired up to get into the gym and sculpt my body - I could hardly wait until the next day to workout. Whatever motivation I had then has packed up and moved out. I can only manage to get to the gym occasionally now, and then I have to muster up the desire all day before I make it in.

I need some kind of daily way to inspire myself; otherwise I may not be with it much longer. I'd hate to lose my shape and muscles which I've worked so hard to get. I watch an occasional video or read a muscle magazine to get pumped, but that takes me only so far.

Any ideas?

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Six months without a break? If so a week off is in order! It will do wonders for your body and mind
    Psalm 121

Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Power-Quest has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I second the vacation, bon voyage.
    Or you can purchase ronnies new video.
    Greater Knox BB 06 , 8 of 13 , Novice.

Battle At The River 07 , 5 of 7 , JMW

Greater Knox classic 07 , 8 of 9 JMW

Battle at the River 08 , 4 of 4 JMW Masters crossover

cage fight record 1-1
    1st fight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGcQZCtgV4

2nd fight vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dZyZbUZc4

o24u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say take a break, but, before you do that make a schedule for yourself when you will resume training.
    Otherwise, you might slip off the deep end.

Why did you lose motivation?
    Did you reach your goals, short and long term?

Did you set goals, more importantly.

What was your motivation to begin with?
    Has that changed?

Are you overtraining?

Look at all these factors and set reasonable short and long term goals for yourself. Set a schedule - mark down your workouts showing what exercises you did, how many reps and how much weight, that way you can log your progress and mix up your routine every few weeks by subbing exercises to alieviate boredom.

And lastly, read my sig.
    Remember this when you feel that you need some motivation:

"Rome wasn't built in a day......but it WAS built Everyday." - -O24U

"If you want to have above average results- expect to give above average efforts to acheive them"- O24U

Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000) Charger is just really nice. (+1000)

take a break!

You deserve it!! While you are on a break, come up with a new routine. Just thinking if the change will get you fired up and ready to go again, but stay out of the gym for atleast a week.
    starting over!!!!!!!!!!

crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crunchyhippo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by fitnessman
    Six months without a break? If so a week off is in order! It will do wonders for your body and mind
    I think my "depression" was a combination of discouragement from injuries and overtraining. I was working out five times a week - two on, one off. I did take some time off the last two weeks, and I worked out today, and my desire to "hit it" was good today. I start a new job in a week, and I'll be on the road a lot, which may play havoc with my w.o.'s, so I may wind up having to join two gyms - one here and another in the city where I'll be traveling to a lot. Ya gotta make sacrifices, right?

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by crunchyhippo
    I think my "depression" was a combination of discouragement from injuries and overtraining. I was working out five times a week - two on, one off. I did take some time off the last two weeks, and I worked out today, and my desire to "hit it" was good today. I start a new job in a week, and I'll be on the road a lot, which may play havoc with my w.o.'s, so I may wind up having to join two gyms - one here and another in the city where I'll be traveling to a lot. Ya gotta make sacrifices, right?
    Sounds like you may have been anxious about your new job, too.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

JavaDog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This sounds all too familiar. You workout to get in shape, you have done it, now what?

Let look at a new motivation.

Do a marathon? I did one and I will only do one.

Do you have children? Staying in shape for them and grandkids is a good one.

Does your family have medical conditions that could be prevented by working out? High blood presser, Diabetes, Heart disease

The fear of old age? That mind. I saw my grandparent’s waist away in an retirement home. Not me if I can help it.

You need to get something that is bigger than vanity.

LOL

P.S. I alway find time to fish, never give that up.
    "The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes."

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Java had some great suggestions listed. Pick what is personally yours and continue to go for it. Remember that some time off is good.
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms