Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    Right......an increase in sodium causes a temporary increase in intestitial water.......so does it not stand to reason that if your sodium levels dipped slightly below normal (im not talign cutting sodium, but nudging it down) then the water would temporarily swing the other way? Or do you think that is impossible to shed interstitial water even slightly below "normal" levels?
    The problem is you are going to lose fullness out of the vascular system. I've actually found the opposite to be true. Consuming a meal slightly higher in sodium than normal (but not out of range from what your body can handle) will fill you out and pull fluid into the vascular system. Remember the first time you had a meal out after the show and after you fonished eating you couldn't believe how full and vascular you were? Well it wasn't the carbs so much as it was the sodium

SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkNatural will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Layne, how long do you think that effect of a higher sodium meal(s) lasts, i.e. pulling water into the vascular system? 2-4 hours?
    http://www.williestripro.net/index.html

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    The problem is you are going to lose fullness out of the vascular system. I've actually found the opposite to be true. Consuming a meal slightly higher in sodium than normal (but not out of range from what your body can handle) will fill you out and pull fluid into the vascular system. Remember the first time you had a meal out after the show and after you fonished eating you couldn't believe how full and vascular you were? Well it wasn't the carbs so much as it was the sodium
    Hmmmm....yes....ive definately noticed the relationship between sodium combined with carbs and vascularity. I dont know if its coincidental or not, I noticed a relationship between alchohol combined with carbs/sugar and vascularity as well.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SkNatural View Post
    Layne, how long do you think that effect of a higher sodium meal(s) lasts, i.e. pulling water into the vascular system? 2-4 hours?
    around there yes, probably closer to the 2 hour end

Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't cut sodium or water. Problem solved
    I never did when I playing with my carb load. I was constantly eating pancakes with maple syrup and Kraft Dinner for 2 days! Taking in about 500ml of water/crystal lite with each meal @ 6 meals/day

I think I did either squats or presses that day and later that night I flexed my quad before bed and my tear drop locked SOLID for over an hour. I couldn't bend it or walk on it. Incredible pain I tell you.

The only other time that happened to me what the night of my comp. I went out after and had a couple combos at McD's and in the middle of the night I must have flexed my quads and they both locked solid. I never could figure out why.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    I never did when I playing with my carb load. I was constantly eating pancakes with maple syrup and Kraft Dinner for 2 days! Taking in about 500ml of water/crystal lite with each meal @ 6 meals/day

I think I did either squats or presses that day and later that night I flexed my quad before bed and my tear drop locked SOLID for over an hour. I couldn't bend it or walk on it. Incredible pain I tell you.

The only other time that happened to me what the night of my comp. I went out after and had a couple combos at McD's and in the middle of the night I must have flexed my quads and they both locked solid. I never could figure out why.
    probably just from posing so hard that day. I remember at the O in vegas I had a monster leg workout and that night i got up too quickly out of bed and my hamstrings cramped hard for 30 minutes. ridiculously intense pain

Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rodrigobalilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the lesson here is that yes you should reduce your sodium, but don't do it drastically, and you should ingest some more potassium... but not massive amounts like most bodybuilders do.

So what does happen exatly cellular speaking when implementing this!!? preparing for a contest and love to know whats happening in my body

Thanks

Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tuaman2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Unhappy cmon guys!

i have next to no rep power at all, nor do i know a whole heap about nutrition, training and the whole world of bodybuilding, i have my first comp coming up in 5 weeks and have taken to the forums to find out as much info as i can about what i need to be doing over these next few weeks. I came to find peoples opinions and information on topics for pre comp, just as a lot of others have done on here, i don't see a need to criticize someones post, someone who has been through college, knows about the area, and wants to post information for people like me to look over and compare with others. This did help me out, and i am glad i read through it. Sure science books are constantly wrong in many areas because of changing times, but hell, i learnt a whole lot of new stuff, so i say keep up the information buddy, i sure am enjoying reading through yours and many others posts.

Originally Posted by Rodrigobalilla View Post
    So what does happen exatly cellular speaking when implementing this!!? preparing for a contest and love to know whats happening in my body

Thanks
    i no longer recommend reducing sodium, you dug up a very old thread

Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ubermensch1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile please help

Hi, Im trying to become a pro and have my first competion in April and May 2011 ( Nabba Mr.Scotland then UKBBF Mr.UK) I am a meso-endomorph and only 24years old. I know bodybuilding pretty well (e.g not big headed but by 21 I was bench pressing 200kg and my knowledge on macronutrients, biochemistry and general **** is v.good) through trial and error i have found the perfect diet for me but i am not too familiar about pre-contest diet. How much carbs should a typical meso-endomorph take pre-contest?
    Im 9% bodyfat and 112kg.
    Thanks for any help!

P.S I cant choose my music for my routine any ideas? I like to go for shock value especially at NABBA as I will be in the newcomers class and I am huge compared to these newcomers ( my physique is late 70's early 80's style like flex wheeler but with bigger legs and arms) I will get a pic asap!

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't take Layne's word for it...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bobchic4.htm

That stuff is scary to think about. Be safe!

CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000) CaseySmithBB is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    I really like Layne's philosophy when it comes to the last week of contest prep.

"you can't win a contest in the last week, but you can lose it"

If you look good three weeks out, why try to find some magic bullet? If you get lean enough you won't require tricks to look great on stage.
    If I could give any bodybuilder some advice for peak week, it would be to just do what has gotten them this far. You just have to get lean enough, and if you are confident in the consistency of your diet, your progress, and how you look a few weeks out, there's no reason to do anything drastic and ruin an entire prep.

Originally Posted by AustrianOakJr View Post
    The most dramatic difference you will make with your physique in the final days will be filling out with carbs. Learn how many carbs your body can handle and use that to your advantage to fill out as much as possible. Keep sodium and water running right through show day so that you can fill out.
    Agreed. This is one of the reasons why bodybuilding is so great! Everything is so individual and it demands that you learn your body!

Yep yep. I find that I get near rapid results of vascularity when I get a good meal rich in carbs and sodium. I have found my vascularity to increase quite a bit with just a few tablespoons of salted peanut butter.

_BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thoughts on this one?

Day 1: 2.5 to 3 gallons of water, 50g of carbs or less
    Day 2: same
    Day 3: same
    Day 4: same

Day 5: begin a gradual carb-up. Today eat five or six meals, each containing 50-75g of carbs.

In the first one or two meals, have fruits as your main carb source. Starting the carb-up with fruit replenishes liver glycogen very fast. We believe that the faster liver glycogen is filled, the more effective the rest of the carb-up will be.

For meals three and four, move to starchier, faster-absorbing carbs (yams, potatoes, rice if it's tolerated well). Meal four should be at 4PM.

Now the "fun" begins. Water intake should be cut completely at 4 or 5PM. One or two more meals should be consumed after you cut water. Have only one if you're already looking "full." Have two if not. These meals should contains carbs derived from simple sugars: pancakes and syrup, pie filling, waffles, chocolate, etc.

Day 6: pump-up

1. Have around 100g of carbs in your first two meals (total 200g) if you are ''flat''

2. Have around 50g of carbs in your first two meals (total 100g) if you are looking ''good''

3. No carbs if you are looking spilled over.

Pump-up

1. If you over-pump, you'll have a lack of separation. If you under-pump, you'll look smaller. So, perform resistance training just enough to get a small pump and some vascularity going. This is especially true for the arms.

2. Don't pump up the legs; they look better unpumped.

3. Focus most of your pumping energies on shoulders and chest. It's pretty much impossible to over-pump your shoulders, so nail 'em good!

4. If you have a choice, keep the temperature in the room high. This facilitates the pump and keeps you pumped for longer.

Source: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...dded_in_6_days
    ███۞███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████]. »——TANK MODE——»
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤…

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ๑۩۩..HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF..۩۩๑ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

┣▇▇▇═─ DON'T DO DRUGS. NATURAL FOR LIFE!

no comment. please read this entire thread again, or for the first time

pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pistolpete102 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Strictly out of curiosity how would someone that is using drugs go about the water situation for a show. I hope I am not breaking any rules I am really just curious about how much different the preparations would be

_BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10) _BiG_M is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    no comment. please read this entire thread again, or for the first time
    I did read most of the comments. Just gotta keep doing what made one lean in the first place, right?

About the carb loading, rice cakes with peanut butter and honey would be enough?
    Or are the guidelines in my post before more beneficial?

Thanks anyways.

It's just that I read many good things from Christian from TN. People had great results with it, but again, everyone's different!

Repped with what I got for al the good information comming from you!
    ███۞███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████]. »——TANK MODE——»
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤…

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ๑۩۩..HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF..۩۩๑ █ ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂

┣▇▇▇═─ DON'T DO DRUGS. NATURAL FOR LIFE!

jjlmck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I'm approaching the end of a competition, and have looked at various ways to drop water. Messing around with potassium and sodium seems a nightmare, so i opted for 2 gallons a day, then drop until the day before whilst cutting back on sodium, take dandelion, then quench the thirst. Seems a safer bet to me.

Great discussion guys.

don't recommend that.

Lisabetholy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool with me

well ****... looks like i'm doing a great job at making friends lately lol
    Helpful info doesn't mean it applies to everyone's body ,you can take it or leave that's the wonderful thing about making your own choices. People take offense to easy. Being knowledgeable is a great thing we can all learn from one another. Congratulations on your degree that's alot of hard work. Thanks for info.