hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

what should i do?

ok guys i dont want to waste my time doing the wrong thing, not sure if i should continue doing Ripptoes or a 3-4 day split... i need help

little info about:
    im 20 y/o just started working out about 3.5/4 months ago, already gained about 20 lbs and seeing some decent gains. :/ i started off doing a 4 day split which consisted of chest/tri back/bi shoulders/forearms and legs but i heard that you should change your routine every 3 months or so to prevent plateaus.

reason why im asking you guys is bc im still a newb when it comes to most of this but i do have some knowledge behind diet and lifting but not enough.

so should i continue doing Ripptoes(something i pretty much just started about w weeks ago) or start another 3-4 day split??
    +

Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turco has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's for you to decide, not us. Figure out what your goals are and pick one.

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    use it till it stop working, i would do some more research, but really a 5 day split seems to work the best for me, but you also need to eat lots of food and rest well. imo, platues come from the diet more so then the lifting, atleast in my case.
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hitchafide is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Diablomeister View Post
    use it till it stop working, i would do some more research, but really a 5 day split seems to work the best for me, but you also need to eat lots of food and rest well. imo, platues come from the diet more so then the lifting, atleast in my case.
    what does you 5 day split look like?
    +

Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Pull14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Starting strength is a great program, though its based around strength you can also build quite a bit of muscle on it too. I'd stick with it since you've already started. Use it for a few months, then do whatever you want, continue, or pick a new program.

The great thing about being a beginner is most everything you do will lead to some kind of progress. Choosing to use good programs such as starting strength at this time in your lifting career will be the best option, it will prolong your progress. It will also give you the right kind of mindset you'll need for the future when picking or creating effective programs.

madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000) madaozeki is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hitchafide View Post
    what does you 5 day split look like?
    Stop looking for the magic of a new routine.

Stay on Rippetoe's for as long as you keep gaining, then stay on it a little longer, then drop the weights down a bit and work back up yet again.

Get really really really good at a few basic compound exercises and you'll be set for the rest of your life. Set some short and long-term goals for weights on those exercises and then keep working until you reach them. Then set new goals and aim for them. Rinse and repeat.

Keep changing things up and swapping in "new" and "fresh" exercises every few weeks and you'll end up like a gerbil on a training wheel, going nowhere fast...

D.bullock has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would say continue with Rippetoe. I'm no expert by any stretch but I have tried working out with other routines to develop my strength and size.I found this forum and since finding the Rippetoe program I have been getting amazing results.

After two months I am up about 12 pounds and all my lifts have gone up. Why change a good thing? The program works, it is simple and easy to follow.

Originally Posted by madaozeki View Post

Keep changing things up and swapping in "new" and "fresh" exercises every few weeks and you'll end up like a gerbil on a training wheel, going nowhere fast...
    this is exactly what i did for the first month of lifting, i was thinking it i wasnt feeling any pain the after it wasnt working , then i switched my routine just bc of that, now i know that it doesnt matter if you are in pain the next day just keep good form, keep moving the weight up, and keep eating...
    +