Closed Thread
    speagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Volume of average human body?

This, I know, is not related to workout programs, but I can't find this info anywhere. I dont feel like getting in some tank filled with water to see the overflow and measure it.

Anyone know an average person's volume / capacity? in gallons would be most helpful.

Thanks guys

speagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) speagle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anybody? any info at all?

badbino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    20.9454545 US gallons

Registered User GEORGIACHAMPION's Avatar
    GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50) GEORGIACHAMPION will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    this question can never be answred. what is an 'average' person?

jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50) jp6v will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GEORGIACHAMPION View Post
    this question can never be answred. what is an 'average' person?
    Since you seem to have failed math class...

....the unweighted average is the arithmetic mean which can be easily determined for any closed set as follows:

Since the volume of every person who is currently alive is clearly a closed set we can easily determine the "average volume" (or "average" of any other measurable attribute of humanity such as average IQ or average bench press).

To the original poster: is there something wrong with the answers that google provides when you search for "volume of human body"?

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by speagle View Post
    This, I know, is not related to workout programs, but I can't find this info anywhere. I dont feel like getting in some tank filled with water to see the overflow and measure it.

Anyone know an average person's volume / capacity? in gallons would be most helpful.

Thanks guys
    Hi speagle.

Since the average density of flesh is approximately the same as that of water, we don't need calculus(infinitesmal or otherwise) to do this.

Simply take the mass in kilos and say that the volume is the same in litres.

eg. if I'm 95kg, I'm 95litres. The average first world male is somewhat smaller than this. Look that up. Worldwide, the average male is a good bit smaller. Females on average are about 15-20% smaller(in most societies) than the males.

Since your volume changes about a liter when you inhale and exhale, we have typically little more than 1% error due to this factor.

Since the density of fat is less, fat people have somewhat more volume than their weight suggests.

With extremely lean individuals, the reverse is the case.

Even tho' bones are more than twice as dense, their volume as a percent of body volume is small, so the error due to bone size and density(which is affected by weight training) is very small.

If you are trying to stuff a body into a trunk........ya didn't get any help from me.

Hope you find this.........useful.......I think.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

dontbewrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    are you serious??
    this is a joke.
    VOLUME AND MASS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.

take an excersise ball for example. This ball is hollow, this ball has a volume of 50L per se. it weighs 1Kg

lets take a cannonball
    it has a volume of 50L per se.
    it weighs 100Kg for example.

flesh does not weigh similar to water. All your calculations are wrong

go back to bio
    go back to math
    go back to school

kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kcb203 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dontbewrong--

Actually the density of the human body is very close to that of water--that's why most of us (depending on fat content) sink when we exhale and float when we inhale. Muscle weighs about 1.06 g/ml, and fat is .9 g/ml. And we are made mostly of water. So it's pretty accurate to say that a 95 kg person has a volume of 95 liters. It's probably accurate within 5% or so.

TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TonySturch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kcb203 View Post
    Dontbewrong--

Actually the density of the human body is very close to that of water--that's why most of us (depending on fat content) sink when we exhale and float when we inhale. Muscle weighs about 1.06 g/ml, and fat is .9 g/ml. And we are made mostly of water. So it's pretty accurate to say that a 95 kg person has a volume of 95 liters. It's probably accurate within 5% or so.
    Great post.

kris13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TonySturch View Post
    Great post.
    x2

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dontbewrong View Post
    are you serious??
    this is a joke.

take an excersise ball for example. This ball is hollow, this ball has a volume of 50L per se. it weighs 1Kg

lets take a cannonball

go back to bio
    go back to math
    go back to school
    I think you need to do the math.

People are very similar in density to water, otherwise they couldn't swim just breaking the surface or underwater.

I was in school long before you were born, or so I thought from your answer until I saw your age. I'm still learning. About time you started noticing the obvious connection between the density of people and water allowing a mass measurement to give a pretty accurate handle on the volume, without holding them underwater in a giant displacement can to drown(actually a good idea for some people).
    Last edited by jgreystoke; 03-04-2009 at 03:56 PM.

_Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dontbewrong View Post
    are you serious??
    this is a joke.

lets take a cannonball

go back to bio
    go back to math
    go back to school
    Strong first post lol

And volume = mass over density

Looks to me like they have something to do with each other.
    Career Mod Negs: 4

MrCorrector is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dear Dontbewrong,

If you are a troll I must congratulate you. However, just in case you are not, please do read the following.

Volume as described in the scientific sense, is made up of a formulaic ratio. Much like the ratios for Resistance (Ohms), Velocity, and many others, Volume is a ratio.

Density (p) is equal to Mass (m) divided by Volume (v). Putting this algebraicly, p = m/v. Now using basic algebra, we can multiply each side the of density equation by Volume (v) to solve for the Mass(m) of the object.

Optionally, we can divide each side by Mass(m), and then take the reciprocal of both sides to solve for the Volume(v) of the object.

This shows that Mass and Volume of an object are in fact directly linked.

However, use whichever search service you like, and type in the following "Volume Mass Density" and then "Volume Definition".

(P.S. I hope you use this (if new found) knowledge to not be wrong in the future, Have a nice day)

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Strong username to first post content

Please check thread dates before bumping.