Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Resident Canadian master_no_name's Avatar
    master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Louis Cyr, strongest man who ever lived. (my little research)

Ok, this is the third forum i am posting this in. But its my first time in this one ( ididint know it existed). It's by far the best/most accurate forum for this.

Im wondering if anyone here knows about him. He is farely famous here, but only has once statue (not that big, life like big) in a piece of town were no one ever goes. But anyway, my little brother has to do a project on a famous Montreal person. He Didint know who to do it on, so him name just popped in my head. And curious to know exactly how he has famous, i did some research myself (well, i did his research, lol). Here are some links from various sources. Great read, amazing man.

http://www.hickoksports.com/biograph/cyrlouis.shtml
    http://www.acadian.org/louiscyr.html
    In this link, the author mispells many names. Including Schwarzenegger and Ben weider.
    http://www.almostfabulous.com/canad.../c/cyrlouis.php
    His mesurements: http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competi...yr/cyr-biog.htm
    Here is more:
    - to arm curl: 350 lbs (117 kg)
    - arm(s?) held out at horizontal: 104 1/2 lbs (47,4 kg)
    - lifting a cement barril onto the shoulder with one hand: 314 lbs (142,4 kg)
    - one finger lift: 551 lbs (250 kg)
    - lifting of a platform, with the back: 3635 lbs (1649 kg)

Here is the best site, better documented and all. But it's in french. I translated the upper part, and the last one wich is a short list of his strongman exploits:
    http://collections.ic.gc.ca/louiscyr/
    1- Backlift (im guessing legs were doing all the work) with platform and easel/trestle/stand: 4337 lbs (1967 kg)

2- 3 slow repetitions without weight touching body with to hands: 347 lbs(157,5 kg)
    b) right hand: 273 1/4 livres (124 kg)
    c) left arm: 273 1/4 livres (124 kg)

3- Extented arms (locked elbows) lifting upwards (barbell): 131 1/4 lbs (59,5 kg)

4- Same (i can't tell the difference between those 2, now i think this is what the upper is, not sure): 185 1/4 lbs (84 kg), with 97 1/4 (44 kg) with the right hand and 88 (40 kg) with the left.

5- One armed (no arm side mentioned) military press (shoulder/lifting one armed towards the sky military press style): 162 1/2 (73,7 kg), 36 times in a row.
    6- Shoulder lift of 350 lbs 159KG, the bar being charged at shoulder height, then lifted with one arm.

7- Earth lifitng many inches off the ground:
    a) 2 armed: 1897 lbs (860,5 kg)
    b) one armed: 987 livres (448 kg)
    c) one finger: 553 lbs (251 kg)

8- Lifitn with a special harnest, the "Pig Iron Shoulder" hamstring/leg lift of 3539 lbs (1605 kg)

9- Lifting of a cement baril to shoulder height without the use of knees/legs 433 lbs (196 kg)

Some of these stats are different from others mentioned i think. But these are maybe his "tops".
    Also, he died from eating too much(in part). As a farmboy, his grandfather always encouraged him to eat tons if he wanted to get strong (funny how so long ago they knew the "tricks"). He ate 4 meals daily eating several pouds of meat at each meal. Lots of milk too. He was convinced(louis) that eating is what gave him his strengh and that the more you ate, the stronger you would be(partly right).

But anyways, pretty impressive huh? And this is all quite well documented. Can't be a hoxe from his part. Many crowds saw him, and he was inspected by many scientists in canada/USA, and GB.

Just wanted to share my findings.
    Negged by BPP!

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Again, Ill ask this. Were any of these lifts VERIFIED by a RELIABLE source and done in front of RELIABLE judges, or was this all "verified" by circus promoters? These old guys were strong, but most of these stats are overblown and outright LIES. I dont believe a SINGLE claim made for any of these old guys, because we have to take the word of people who LIED for a living, i.e. circus promoters. I find ot really curious that all of a sudden, when the ciruces were showing off their stronmen, about 100 years ago, you had all these superpowerful guys. They suddenly appeared, and just as quickly were gone. That must have been some genetic mutation going on there.

Again, none of these lifts were reliably verified. Most of it went like this. Cyr comeson stage, ready to lift a 350lbs DB. He firsts gets 20 or 30 men to come budge it. They cant, then Cyr curls it. But who says that just because those guys couldnt budge it, it had to be 350lbs? Perhaps it was 100 or 120? That still makes him strong, but not some hercules.

phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by tokki

bla.
    I used to be just as sceptical, but that changed after researching those very lifts. Stop with the assumptions and start reading.

Just as an idea: strongmen regularly challenged eachother. And I'm not so paranoid that I would disbelieve someone who had a rep to lose. So when one strongman can lift something, you can be sure that his challenger would accurately weigh the object himself. Yes, there was hype. But not as much as you'd think.

Go ask Hulk on Wannabebig.com's forum. He has loads of info.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh cmon. Strongman A says: Hey B, Im gonna weigh your lifts and if you ate lying then.... Strongman B says: well A, if you weigh mine, Ill weigh yours.

Cyr was probably the strongest of the frauds, so they couldnt beat him in a head to head competition, but no one would admit to the world that the weights werent as large as advertised because that would mean that whoever challenged Cyr, not only couldnt lift what Cyr lifted, but probably couldnt lift half the advertised weight, which would have been the actual weight. And anyway, these guys were controlled by their handlers, who were careful to keep the whole cherade going.

So they challenged each other, but they were pretty careful not to screw it up for everybody, including themselves.

Theres NOTHING to read because its all crap churned out by professional liars: promoters. Whats there to read?

Can you tell me whats with the coincidence that within that short tme where these guys were really popular, you had a rather big bunch of them doing these incredible feats never seen before or after.

phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) phreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

paranoid delusions

That's a great cop-out. "I'm not going to research anything because I know everyone else is lying."

I hope you're really young, which would somewhat excuse your blatant disdain for research and out-of-control hubris.

You havent explained why all of a sudden you get a whole bunch of guys doing feats never seen, before of after, and why it JUST HAPPENED to coincide with the popularity of circuses. Im going to treat these guys on par with the magical ointments that cured just about anything. And why shouldnt I? The guys hawking the super elixirs and managers of guys like Cyr were cut from the same cloth.

What you want me to believe is that a genetic mutation that created these superstrong guys just happened to coincide with the rise in popularity of circuses. It was a mere coincidence. Right?

I mean its not possible that these guys were strong men who lifted fairly more than the average guy, but nevertheless lifted far less than was claimed. Why have we never seen guys this strong in any competition where the weights were actually measured by impartial people and lifts were judged by impartial judges? Did people suddenly get weaker? This is in the same league as Methusala living 969 years, Samson taking down a temple and Goliath being 10 feet tall.

I leave you to ponder this. Why should we believe what people who passed midgets with beards as bearded women or pimped sugar water off as a cure all magic potion? It was all legit, right?

Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Tokki;

I think your in denial. But depsite what you believe, there are men past and present that could crush your beloved Pudzianowski with there strength, and Cyr is one of them to be sure!. All Pudz is is some juiced up pyscho with a bad attitude who will probably blow out his heart in a few years while lifting some heavy Atlas stones because of all the stimulants and roids he uses. Why is it that none of the other strongmen have an 8 pack and rippling veins and dominate the competition like he does? Ohhh, its all because he trains so much harder than the others and had good genetics. Give me a break dude! He is a timb bomb waiting to explode, or more so collapse. And why worship a man that is an outright *******, Who kills people why drunk driving. ANd do you ever hear him in an typical interview with Kaz on ESPN? all he does is scream and talk at at him. Hes not like the other comepitors who acknowledge Kaz's feats and show him the respect that he deserves, rather he show him total disrespect. Im sorry, but people like that suck, even if he is excellent at what he does.

You havent explained why all of a sudden you get a whole bunch of guys doing feats never seen, before of after, and why it JUST HAPPENED to coincide with the popularity of circuses.
    Thank you for inadvertantly proving my point. Yes, they thrived during that era. But ask yourself this question: might that not be because they got PAID during that era and consequently could be fulltime strongmen? Something that before or for decades after was unheard of. And those feats they performed are amazing, yet not impossible. But I get a feeling that you reason that if you can't do something, it MUST be bogus.

If you are truly interested in learning the facts (and yes, there are lots of FACTS): follow my earlier suggestion. What have you got to lose? (apart from your attitude)

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by phreak
    Thank you for inadvertantly proving my point. Yes, they thrived during that era. But ask yourself this question: might that not be because they got PAID during that era and consequently could be fulltime strongmen? Something that before or for decades after was unheard of. And those feats they performed are amazing, yet not impossible. But I get a feeling that you reason that if you can't do something, it MUST be bogus.

If you are truly interested in learning the facts (and yes, there are lots of FACTS): follow my earlier suggestion. What have you got to lose? (apart from your attitude)
    BUMP. Also, all of the feats Cyr made have been broken. Kaz curled 440, 90 pounds more than Cyr, and he broke his side lateral record, Anderson crushed his backlift, ect.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Resident Canadian master_no_name's Avatar
    master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) master_no_name has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Woden
    BUMP. Also, all of the feats Cyr made have been broken. Kaz curled 440, 90 pounds more than Cyr, and he broke his side lateral record, Anderson crushed his backlift, ect.
    bump. Look it up tokki. Quite interestin stuff. these feats actually seam somewhat small by todays pro standards (although amazingly huge for the average joe).
    Negged by BPP!

BillLogan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im a ***got ass prick who thinks Pudzian is the strongest guy to ever live because im a ***got.

yep....

You guys gotta keep in mind that if Cyr really did do those lifts (Im as certain as Andersons 1200lb raw squat - which is pretty damn sure), they were raw and back in the 1800's, before getting strong was a realy thing. Being strong was more of a novelty act back then.

Shhhhhhh..... hear that? *klunk**klunk* I think i heard tokki's nuts drop, but then again, it could just be a few of my brain cells dying from reading his retarded ass posts.

megafighter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh cmon. Strongman A says: Hey B, Im gonna weigh your lifts and if you ate lying then.... Strongman B says: well A, if you weigh mine, Ill weigh yours.

Cyr was probably the strongest of the frauds, so they couldnt beat him in a head to head competition, but no one would admit to the world that the weights werent as large as advertised because that would mean that whoever challenged Cyr, not only couldnt lift what Cyr lifted, but probably couldnt lift half the advertised weight, which would have been the actual weight. And anyway, these guys were controlled by their handlers, who were careful to keep the whole cherade going.

So they challenged each other, but they were pretty careful not to screw it up for everybody, including themselves.

I am not trying to flame or even disagree with you, but you really sound exactly like Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory or whatever is teh name of that movie with Julia Roberts in.

This is in the same league as Methusala living 969 years, Samson taking down a temple and Goliath being 10 feet tall.

I leave you to ponder this. Why should we believe what people who passed midgets with beards as bearded women or pimped sugar water off as a cure all magic potion? It was all legit, right?

Yeah, like that Pele guy doing 1000+ goals or Wilt Chamberlain and babe Ruth's stats.... people today can't do it, what a bunch of lies they told people back then, right? Maybe Tiger Woods will be a lie a few decades from now as well...

Sorry, couldn't stop myself...

Originally posted by Smasher
    Tokki;

I think your in denial. But depsite what you believe, there are men past and present that could crush your beloved Pudzianowski with there strength, and Cyr is one of them to be sure!. All Pudz is is some juiced up pyscho with a bad attitude who will probably blow out his heart in a few years while lifting some heavy Atlas stones because of all the stimulants and roids he uses. Why is it that none of the other strongmen have an 8 pack and rippling veins and dominate the competition like he does? Ohhh, its all because he trains so much harder than the others and had good genetics. Give me a break dude! He is a timb bomb waiting to explode, or more so collapse. And why worship a man that is an outright *******, Who kills people why drunk driving. ANd do you ever hear him in an typical interview with Kaz on ESPN? all he does is scream and talk at at him. Hes not like the other comepitors who acknowledge Kaz's feats and show him the respect that he deserves, rather he show him total disrespect. Im sorry, but people like that suck, even if he is excellent at what he does.
    First of all smaher, yer a ****ing piece of ****. Pudzianowski never killed anyone drunk driving. Get your ****ing facts straight asswipe. Pudz was in prison for 19 months for beating the crap out of a mafia boss who was stomping on some kid. He was charged with assault and robbery for allegedly taking the guy's silver chain. He came out of prison where he had no access to roids and won his first WSM shortly thereafter. Once again you stinking pile of lying crap, get your facts straight before you slander people. kapish asswipe?

Bad attitude? Why? cause he doesnt worship your stupid Kaz? Why should he? Becaude Kaz was oh so strong 20 years ago? Who gives a cap? hed get owned in today's strongman, probably would even qualify for the finals. Forget kaz, hes old news. Screw him.

As for a 6 pack. The reason Pudz has a 6 pack is due to the cardio he does. He does almost as much cardio as lifting, and he lifts more than the others. Compare his regimen with karlsen's for example. As for dominating as much as Pudz does, um, not even close. Pudz won just about everything there is to win in the last 2 years. 2 World and European championships, setting an all time points record at a WSM. Team world championsip, the Super Series of Grands Prix, the World Record Breakers, etc. Nobody even comes close to dominating like he does.

As for Cyr, hes nothing but a fat old guy with some good strength, but nothing else. The difference between Ruth or Wilt is that it was witnessed by people and done on a competitive stage. When Rutth hit a homer, we know it was a homer. When Cyr lifted a DB who knows if ot was 300 or 200 or 150lbs? We have to believe his promoters. And Im sure they were super honest.

Lastly, Im not gonna waste my time reading up on some fraud from 100 years ago.

Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brinn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He came out of prison where he had no access to roids
    Yep, no illegal substances have ever made their way into a prison.

Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Smasher has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs down

Do you honestly believe that Marius Puzianowski has not done roids during his time in prison? If so, your pretty stupid and if you read my post correctly, I said the main reason why he is so much ahead of his competition is because his crazy steroid cycles, that would probably rival Ronnie Coleman's, not to mention all the stimulants he uses! I wouldn't be surprised if he was snorting ******* before contests to get pysched up. When he dies in 5 years, the world will see he was just a product of all thew drugs he took. You, Tokki, are a loser and that is why your words mean nothing.

tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tokar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Pele example is a good one, because the 1000 goals that he's supposed to have scored actually include school matches. Statistics like that are always exaggerated.

It seems that lots of people don't think it's a good argument that somebody didn't do something in the 19th century because people can't do it now. Of course it is. There's a century of training and nutritional research and advanced anabolics between them. If no one can do it now, nobody did it 100 years ago.

As for Pudzianowski having a six pack because he does cardio: I suspect it's a little more complicated that that. Do other strongmen not do any cardio? Metabolism is a very important factor: some people are naturally lean.

And it's rather naive, to say the least, to think that nobody has access to steroids in prison.

Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50) Woden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally posted by tokar
    The Pele example is a good one, because the 1000 goals that he's supposed to have scored actually include school matches. Statistics like that are always exaggerated.

It seems that lots of people don't think it's a good argument that somebody didn't do something in the 19th century because people can't do it now. Of course it is. There's a century of training and nutritional research and advanced anabolics between them. If no one can do it now, nobody did it 100 years ago.

As for Pudzianowski having a six pack because he does cardio: I suspect it's a little more complicated that that. Do other strongmen not do any cardio? Metabolism is a very important factor: some people are naturally lean.

And it's rather naive, to say the least, to think that nobody has access to steroids in prison.
    But the problem with that argument is that people HAVE Done all of that since.
    If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your
    mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to
    do your ****, then YOU DESERVE IT.

-Frank Zappa

A devoted acolyte in the Brotherhood of the Pink Elephant

part of DA...keep it on the QT

Do you honestly believe that Marius Puzianowski has not done roids during his time in prison? If so, your pretty stupid and if you read my post correctly, I said the main reason why he is so much ahead of his competition is because his crazy steroid cycles, that would probably rival Ronnie Coleman's, not to mention all the stimulants he uses! I wouldn't be surprised if he was snorting ******* before contests to get pysched up. When he dies in 5 years, the world will see he was just a product of all thew drugs he took. You, Tokki, are a loser and that is why your words mean nothing.
    Whats your deal with Pudzianowski? Hate him for humiliating your Americans? Whasts with the hate?

1. Yes, its possible to do roids in prison, but highly difficult. Im sure his access to roids was far more difficult than ALL THE OTHER GUYS in the sport, including the yanks he punks on a regular basis like they were little girls. Remember Johnny Perry? That fatass was the guy who dropped dead, and he was a yank.

2. As for your other charges, they are worthless. This is coming from a guy who has no clue as to why Pudz was in prison in the 1st place. You think he got out in 19 months if he killed people in a drunk driving accident? Anyway, the charges are public record. So your other charges about ******* and stimulants and whatever are as bull**** as you.

3. As to his 6 pack, its not that hard to get a 6 pack. It takes some cardio work, something fatass powerlifters dont do. The lazy asses who cant be bothered with cardio cant fathom that it is possible to get one, with some hard work.

You are not what you own. dookie1481's Avatar
    dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dookie1481 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whats your deal with Pudzianowski? Hate him for humiliating your Americans? Whasts with the hate?

1. Yes, its possible to do roids in prison, but highly difficult. Im sure his access to roids was far more difficult than ALL THE OTHER GUYS in the sport, including the yanks he punks on a regular basis like they were little girls. Remember Johnny Perry? That fatass was the guy who dropped dead, and he was a yank.

2. As for your other charges, they are worthless. This is coming from a guy who has no clue as to why Pudz was in prison in the 1st place. You think he got out in 19 months if he killed people in a drunk driving accident? Anyway, the charges are public record. So your other charges about ******* and stimulants and whatever are as bull**** as you.

3. As to his 6 pack, its not that hard to get a 6 pack. It takes some cardio work, something fatass powerlifters dont do. The lazy asses who cant be bothered with cardio cant fathom that it is possible to get one, with some hard work.
    Boy, you sure are anti-american, aren't you? And Leonard Little of the St. Louis Rams killed a woman in a DUI a couple of years ago. No jail time. Since you seem to be big on facts (and insulting everyone).
    "When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail."
    -Abraham Maslow

"Ass busting work + consistency + time = results.
    Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets. Because they don't exist."
    -Lyle McDonald

"You can't overwhelm idiots with knowledge, but, sadly, the knowledgable can be overwhelmed by idiots."
    -Charlie Francis

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

1)Remember Johnny Perry? That fatass was the guy who dropped dead, and he was a yank.

I won't be suprised when your ignorant ass is banned

1) fatass? have a little respect jackass...he finished top 5 at the WSM in his FIRST TRY...guess what? Mariusz didnt win his first try either....Perry died for multiple reasons, not just roids chief

3) "fatass powerlifters"? I thought we were talking about strongmen tough guy. Lazy asses?? yeah, go lift with any of them and call them lazy....GOD the ignorance on this board is ****ing sickening. Your just another punk runnign his mouth who couldnt do half the **** the people he criticizes do

I was the one who was attacked in this thread. I didnt start the flaming. I expressed my serious doubts about Cyr and the old guys and got called names and got insulted. Read the posts.I was being civil until the crap began.

Bigpoppa, you know what? I would kill any powerlifter in swimming, running, sprinting, etc. Could I equal the lifts of some guy who weigh 3 times what I weight? No, and why should I care? Johnny Perry was fat. Cmon, are we denying the obvious now?

And Im not anti american.What I know is that of Pudz was American, and his name was Smith, he wouldnt get accussed of ******* and roids and stimulants and whatever.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs down

Bigpoppa, you know what? I would kill any powerlifter in swimming, running, sprinting, etc. Could I equal the lifts of some guy who weigh 3 times what I weight? No, and why should I care? Johnny Perry was fat. Cmon, are we denying the obvious now?

And Im not anti american.What I know is that of Pudz was American, and his name was Smith, he wouldnt get accussed of ******* and roids and stimulants and whatever.
    1) wow, guess why...your a cardio freak and theyre a powerlifter...thats like me saying I can beat a horsejockey in golf..who really gives a ****.....you can outrun me, yet youve been lifting most of my life and I can outdeadlift you easily. JP was fat? I see your definition of fat is anything abiove a 6 pack

2) wanna bet? I'll accuse him and im a fan of his...Mariusz uses, as do MOST athletes at that level, of any nation

Im sure you can outlift me. What do you weigh? Im a cardio freak? No, Im a guy who decided that enough was enough, I cut my bodyfat for health reasons and the long run, and Im happy I did it. I lost quite a bit on my lifts, but Im building back up. Hym strength isnt the only thing in life, and Im happy I can run 15kms without almost dying, Im happy I can swim 2 kms and not pass out, and Im happy I still have good gym strength. Look at my height, weight and my gym numbers.

My definition of fat? You need some special definition to see JP as fat? He was strong but he was fat.

And the DL, i already explained that I dont think its a measure of much. I use DL to strengthen my back and legs and grip.It is not the be all and end all.
    Last edited by tokki; 05-13-2004 at 08:07 PM.

Who cares how far you can swim or how fast how can run. I am not sure if you read the title of this forum, but its called Powerlifting/Strongmen, which means we like to talk about lifting heavy weights, not about how quick your laps around the pool are! If you want to brag about that stuff, post it somewhere else.
    Its too bad your lifts are not as big as your mouth is....

Who cares how far you can swim or how fast how can run. I am not sure if you read the title of this forum, but its called Powerlifting/Strongmen, which means we like to talk about lifting heavy weights, not about how quick your laps around the pool are! If you want to brag about that stuff, post it somewhere else.
    Its too bad your lifts are not as big as your mouth is....
    I see you bench about twice your bodyweight, just as I do. Whats the problem then? You arent much a superman either.

Originally posted by tokar

I believe you're wrong. Pele did 1089 goals in professional matches. There was a player called Friedenreich whom people acknowledged to have done 1200+, but Fifa was not as accurate eat the time.

I do believe the argument is strong. What I wa criticizing was the position of tokki, referring to all past athletes as liars. clearly, in soccer, there is nobody as good as Pele or Maradona today. The same, IMO, can be said about MJ or Babe Ruth, because skills and genetics to it are more important on the sports they practiced.

To run the 100 meters or do a bench press the tendency, of course, is to get solid improvements over the years.

I see you bench about twice your bodyweight, just as I do. Whats the problem then? You arent much a superman either.

I don't believe this proportion thing has any value. I am weaker than you both, bench pressing 300 lbs raw and weighting around 170 lbs.
    I have a friend who weights 255 and lifts 450 lbs. He has more or less the same proportion as me, which means nothing. He is just stronger. He was like me, then got more muscles,thus more strength.
    Who cares about the body weight. For your criteria, a guy weighting 100 lbs and lifting 200 would be in way better shape than us all, even though he is not only weaker, but having less muscles and much likely looking awful at that weight.

Size matters. The more size you have, the more muscle you have, and the more you can move.
    Last edited by tokki; 05-14-2004 at 05:16 AM.

Im only 18 though, and haven't been training for 11 years like you have. But you lifts are still good, its just your attitude toward everything but Strongmen and cardio is negative.