violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fast walking / low intensity cardio?

I've heard people saying HIIT is the best, but I've also heard people saying that low intensity cardio is better for fat burning. The believers of low intensity cardio say that lower intensity cardio burns fat storages first, bypassing carbs...

What are your opinions on this?? Please don't just say "HIIT is the best," let me know if you think any one is better than the other.

violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) violinlifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump

nGuyeN321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by violinlifter
    bump
    bump

MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MCconditioner has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    For the sake of argument let us assume that the two exercise sessions you are comparing, LOW INTENSITY AND HIIT, use the same amount of calories to complete.

If you are trying to preserve all your muscle low intensity cardio is usually considered better.

HIIT is more rigourous and puts your body under more strain. For this reason you will lose some muslce in addition to fat during exercise. HIIT also elevates your metabolism for several hours after exercise...leading to a greater caloric expenditure (above what was actually used during the exercise session). For this reason HIIT causes your body to use more total calories. This can lead to greater fat loss.

Both are good ways to lose fat, depending on your goals. Try doing both.
    Supplement free,
    healthy eater.

Location: Waimea, HI (soon moving to Seattle, Uni. of Washington campus)
    beansarelame_2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From my experience, high intensity cardio beats out low intensity cardio. I noticed a large decrease in muscle mass when I did low intensity cardio, however now doing high intensity cardio, I don't seem to have that at all. Also, high intensity cardio will up your metabolic rate for a while after finishing the exercise (up to 48 hours, I've heard), causing you to lose more fat over an extended period of time, while low intensity cardio will definately not supply this type of benefit.
    (to be added)

WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WQ87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by beansarelame
    From my experience, high intensity cardio beats out low intensity cardio. I noticed a large decrease in muscle mass when I did low intensity cardio, however now doing high intensity cardio, I don't seem to have that at all. Also, high intensity cardio will up your metabolic rate for a while after finishing the exercise (up to 48 hours, I've heard), causing you to lose more fat over an extended period of time, while low intensity cardio will definately not supply this type of benefit.
    Decrease in muscle mass?

HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HulkHagen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I kinda mix it up. I'm not exactly sure what qualifies as HIIT but when I do cardio on a treadmill I usually powerwalk for awhile then I'll run for 4-5 minutes then slow it back down for awhile. It's a pretty effective way to gradually build endurance if you haven't done cardio in awhile or even if you never have lol.