Confidence_82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Your take on this routine

Hey there, I was given this routine by one of the trainers at the gym i go to, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought. Its concentrated on the midsection and full body tonning in 4 days

day 1 and 3

Leg Press 3 x 12-15
    Lying Leg Curls 3 x 12-15
    Barbell Incline Bench Press 3 x 12-15
    Bent Over Barbell Row 3 x 12-15
    Standing Military Press 3 x 12-15
    Exercise Ball Crunch 4 x 30-40
    Hyperextensions (Back Extensions) 3 x 12-15
    Flat Bench Leg Pull-In 2 x 30-40

Cardio 1 min quick pace, 1 min moderate, back and forth for 20 min (I think he suggested this cuz I have asthma)

Day 2 and 4

Cardio of my choice for 45 min

Oblique 3 x 12-15
    Vertical Crunch 3 x 15-20

What do you guys think?
    **Confidence is everything**

Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Heisman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No squats or deadlifts.

Confidence_82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well i don't know....this is the one he gave me...no good? :s
    **Confidence is everything**

Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000) Quantum_Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think there are better routines than that one. You can do a basic 3 day split,

Monday - Chest/Triceps
    Wednesday - Legs/Shoulders
    Friday - Back/Biceps

and do cardio on your days off from lifting. And I would also include squats on leg day, and deadlifts on back day. They are good basic lifts that you should learn proper form from the get go and they will help you build a strong base from which to build on.

Laying the Smackdown. Rocky_Maivia's Avatar
    Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rocky_Maivia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dont listen to them. You dont need squats or deadlifts. That program is a good one. It will bring good results. You will definately lose some pounds on that.

Heisman and Quantam_man, read again, he said he's trying to tone up the midsection. All muscles are worked and cardio is incorporated into the routine. (ie cut-up)

EDIT: confidence, how long have you been working out? Your goal is to lose weight right? Because there are better ways to train for size.
    Last edited by Rocky_Maivia; 05-10-2004 at 11:57 PM.
    neg reds on sight crew

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Confidence, as for your high rep ranges, if by any change the trainer told you to do high reps because it will get you toned, then he's wrong. That's an old myth and tone (assuming he meant low bodyfat) only comes from diet and cardio. If you're not really attempting to get big and are just trying to lose weight, then your routine and rep ranges looks good. But if your aim is to lose weight while gain mass at the same time, I suggest reading the stickies for good mass building routines. I agree with Rocky_Maivia that squats and deadlifts aren't need if you're just trying to tone up. But if you want mass, squats and deadlifts are an absolute must. But your routine looks good to me as far as a weight losing goal is concerned.

Flying Knight has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't squat and deadlift what are you going to do? Go home and sleep!