gh0s7drummer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How often should you work out?

Hi, i started lifting awhile ago, and i was doing fine for awhile, but now my arm's starting to get smaller, and my triceps are starting to lose definition. I just don't know why that's happening, but i think it might be because i'm working it out too much or something...idk, i do triceps with chest on the same day. I do chest first, and by the time i get to triceps, they're dead tired, but i still try to work them out. I do chest/tricep workout two times a week: mondays and thursdays....is that too much?

my chest work out:
    warm up on bench (2 sets)

then superset the following
    chest flies
    dumbell presses
    bench press
    chest flies
    dumbell presses (3 sets)

incline bench
    dips (2 sets)

after that, my triceps are pretty shot, i do legs, and then i go to triceps

close-grip bench
    tricep pushdowns (3 sets)

dumbell extensions (3 sets)

maybe i shouldn't be working out 2 times a week? or maybe i should separate triceps with chest?

ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10) ITIetalhead is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i think that you should cut out some exercises, I dont know how you manage to get through that if im reading it right... You should do incline and flat bench along with some flys or something along those lines and then leave the tricep exercises the same, but you should really give legs their own day

Registered User BillabongVolcom's Avatar
    BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BillabongVolcom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Anywhere from 2-5 days. I prefer 2-4 days, but alot of people workout 5 days a week. Your body grows when it's resting, not when your in the gym.

ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You should listen to your body. Some people grow doing 7 days a week.

I tried 5x a week, but I was burning out badly. So, I went back to 3x a week and that's the sweet spot for me. Going heavy with mostly 6-10 on sets with upto 20+ rep sets on some of my leg exercises.

eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10) eekrazyk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gh0s7drummer View Post
    then superset the following
    chest flies
    dumbell presses
    bench press
    chest flies
    dumbell presses (3 sets)
    That's a hell of a megaset! Why are you doing that?
    My 5x5/TM Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=997071