is spinach in particular good for you'r muscles or is it just the same as any other dark green vegtable?
05-09-2004, 09:45 AM #1
05-09-2004, 11:54 AM #2
- Join Date: Jul 2003
- Age: 36
- Stats: 6'0", 230 lbs
- Posts: 16,377
- BodyPoints: 6801
- Rep Power: 82848
Potential Health Benefits of Spinach
* Spinach and other leafy green vegetables have been shown to have a high antioxidant activity.
* Spinach has high provitamin A activity.
* Spinach is an excellent source of lutein, folate, and ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
* Spinach and collard greens contain high amounts of xanthophylls, lutein, and zeaxanthin that are strongly associated with reduced risk of age-related macular degeneration, or AMD.
* Spinach is one of the best sources of dietary folate, a compound that has been shown to reduce the risk of birth defects, heart disease, and stroke.
A member of the brassica family, spinach is an exceptionally nutritious food. Packed with large amounts of the antioxidant beta-carotene as well as the even more powerful carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, spinach has strong and proven anti-cancer benefits.
Spinach is also an excellent source of folate - 1oz contains nearly 25% of our daily requirement. Spinach also protects against age-related macular degeneration (AMD), an eye disease affecting elderly people. Spinach is best eaten raw or lightly cooked having washed it and shaken it dry without adding any water.
Calories in Spinach:
4 oz/100g = 25 calories
http://www.annecollins.com/diet_nutrition/spinach.htmI am Adam, Prince of Eternia, defender of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said: "By the power of Greyskull, I have the power!" Cringer became the mighty Battle Cat, and I became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure
05-09-2004, 12:37 PM #3
05-09-2004, 12:58 PM #4
05-09-2004, 01:13 PM #5
I eat a big ass bag of fresh spinich every two days, just bang it in the microwave and gob is down :P tastes pretty dull but oh well.
On a side note it also makes your cum taste nasty as well from what i've read :P"Bodybuiling is a Marathon, not a sprint"
"If God gave me bad genes... I kicked God's ass!"