Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question What determines fat distribution?

I have noticed i'm tending to store fat around my lower stomach, even though my arms and legs are looking more and more ripped (I'm on a small bulking cycle). What determines where fat will be stored, is there a way i can keep it from only storing around my stomach, or could it just be water retention? I tend to eat a **** load of sodium....

primo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    body fat storage is totally genetic. You have predisposed sites that will accumulate fat before others.

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that sux, is there anything i can do to lessen or change it (Lipoderm-y maybe) or am i stuck with gaining fat around my stomach

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's impossible to keep a man from gaining weight in his stomach... That's the one place all men gain weight,

Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10) Myewze is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Luke530 View Post
    I have noticed i'm tending to store fat around my lower stomach, even though my arms and legs are looking more and more ripped (I'm on a small bulking cycle). What determines where fat will be stored, is there a way i can keep it from only storing around my stomach, or could it just be water retention? I tend to eat a **** load of sodium....
    While I agree that the primary culprit is most probably genetics, I wouldn't rule out the effects of cortisol. I'm not even close to an expert, but cortisol might be something to look into.

I've *read* that cortisol production starts (or maybe rises?) after about 60 minutes of intense exercise, and that workouts should generally be kept under 60 minutes to limit its effects. Anyone with more experience or knowledge care to elaborate on the topic of cortisol?

dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10) dh_biker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    clean up the diet - lose the fat - maintain the diet. thats about all you can do
    time to nut up or shut up

goal.
    v-taper
    bigger bis
    fuller upper chest
    31 waist
    >8% bf

i rep back. just ask