Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 3789
    jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    John, it seems like no matter what I do I can't get my arms any bigger. For bis I typically do barbell curls, preacher curls, and dumbbell curls. For tris I typically do skullcrushers, close grip bench press, pushdowns.

Each exercise I do 3 - 5 sets. I keep the reps from 5 - 12. I train arms only once a week.

What tips/advice can you offer to get bigger arms?

eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) eschlick19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    Well, obviously, I would recommend my book, "Natural Bodybuilding" (2005, Human Kinetics) and my training DVD "Real Muscle" along with my Seminar DVD "Natural Bodybuilding Seminar and Competitions". I also like all the books by Chris Aceto when it comes to nutrition. There is also a great book on fats by Udo Erasmus called "Fats that Heal, Fats that Kill". Bob Kennedy just came out with a great book called "The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding".
    John,

What book of Chris Aceto do you recommend?

Hope all is well,

Erik
    Top Supplement Companies..
    1. Species Nutrition
    2. ALR Industries
    3. Gaspari Nutrition

Pro-Keto dieting approach with an emphasis of incorporating healthy essential fatty acids.

Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jameskang2009 View Post
    John, it seems like no matter what I do I can't get my arms any bigger. For bis I typically do barbell curls, preacher curls, and dumbbell curls. For tris I typically do skullcrushers, close grip bench press, pushdowns.

Each exercise I do 3 - 5 sets. I keep the reps from 5 - 12. I train arms only once a week.

What tips/advice can you offer to get bigger arms?
    I would try adding a second workout for the arms each week. Do one heavy training session, low volume (6 sets for biceps, 9 sets for triceps), 6-8 reps for each set. Then, about 3 days later, do a lighter pumping workout for the arms, doing 12-15 reps and incorporating supersets. This workout shouldn't get you sore but it will pump up the arms and it should make them grow in addition to the heavier workout.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

www.johnhansenfitness.com

www.musclesatthemovies.com

Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by eschlick19 View Post
    John,

What book of Chris Aceto do you recommend?

Hope all is well,

Erik
    Hey Erik,
    He had a book called Understanding Bodybuilding and another called Everything You Wanted to Know about Fat Loss. Both of them were excellent! He also wrote Championship Bodybuilding. I would recommend them all.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

NATURAL PRO *TEAM RCSS* Turkish1530's Avatar
    Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Hey John, just wanted to stop by and give you an update on my competition season, I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm the guy who posted the thread.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114832881 (me posing with IFBB Pro Darrem Charles)........

First, I just wanted to tell you that you are a huge inspiration to me as a natural bodybuilder: i see your amazing shape, ur awesome conditioning and your great great size and it inspires me and motivates me becuz u are a living fact that it can be done all naturally!

Second, I just wanted to tell you how all of my shows went........
    2009 Mr. SRU Bodybuilding show:
    - I won the Open and Closed Overall Titles at the 2009 Mr. SRU Show!

2009 NPC Natural Ohio Bodybuilding Championships:
    - I won the Junior Mens division (out of about 17 guys)...and placed 2nd in the Open Light-Heavyweight division (only lost by 1 single point and the guy ended up winning the Overall Show!)

2009 NGA Natural Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships (Pro Qualifier):
    -I won the Open Men's best poser award, placed 1st in the Open Heavyweight Division and Won the Overall Open Men's Title!

I won my NGA Pro Card at 21 years old!!!

Thanks again for everything John!
    ***Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Sponsored Athlete***

Originally Posted by Turkish1530 View Post
    Hey John, just wanted to stop by and give you an update on my competition season, I don't know if you remember me or not but I'm the guy who posted the thread.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=114832881 (me posing with IFBB Pro Darrem Charles)........

First, I just wanted to tell you that you are a huge inspiration to me as a natural bodybuilder: i see your amazing shape, ur awesome conditioning and your great great size and it inspires me and motivates me becuz u are a living fact that it can be done all naturally!

- I won the Junior Mens division (out of about 17 guys)...and placed 2nd in the Open Light-Heavyweight division (only lost by 1 single point and the guy ended up winning the Overall Show!)

-I won the Open Men's best poser award, placed 1st in the Open Heavyweight Division and Won the Overall Open Men's Title!

Hey Dave,

Great to hear from you and it sounds like you are doing fantastic! To be a Natural Pro at 21 years old is a fantastic achievement. I would love to have you come and compete at one of my shows. Keep me updated with your progress and best of luck!!
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

RedneckBuddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey John, spent some time skimming through this thread and came across this workout you had laid out for a beginner,
    Bench Press
    Lat Pulldowns
    Shoulder Press
    Tricep Pushdown
    Bicep Curls
    Squats
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raises
    Sit-ups
    Leg Raises

my question is how do you know when to add weight? I'm beginner and trying to get started. I also am trying to shed some fat (about 40 pounds) and am wondering if I should use reps in the 10-12 range or 6-8?

Originally Posted by RedneckBuddha View Post
    Hey John, spent some time skimming through this thread and came across this workout you had laid out for a beginner,
    Bench Press
    Lat Pulldowns
    Shoulder Press
    Tricep Pushdown
    Bicep Curls
    Squats
    Leg Curls
    Calf Raises
    Sit-ups
    Leg Raises

my question is how do you know when to add weight? I'm beginner and trying to get started. I also am trying to shed some fat (about 40 pounds) and am wondering if I should use reps in the 10-12 range or 6-8?
    If you are a beginner, you will probably be able to add more weight (resistance) to your exercises each week. When I train a person who is new to weight training, they normally get a little stronger each week. If they can do 12 reps with a certain weight, I will increase the weight so they can only get 8-10 reps. The next workout, I will try to have them do 12 reps with that new weight and then add more weight. That's how the process works to keep the muscles adapting to the new resistance and that's how they grow and get bigger.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

NATURAL PRO *TEAM RCSS* Turkish1530's Avatar
    Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Turkish1530 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Dave,

Great to hear from you and it sounds like you are doing fantastic! To be a Natural Pro at 21 years old is a fantastic achievement. I would love to have you come and compete at one of my shows. Keep me updated with your progress and best of luck!!
    thanks again Mr. Natural O! Maybe someday I will be able to accomplish half of what u have! Thanks again for being an inspiration to natural bodybuilders! and i will def. keep u updated
    ***Ronnie Coleman Signature Series Sponsored Athlete***

jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jameskang2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    John, what does your current chest and tricep routine look like?

RedneckBuddha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are a beginner, you will probably be able to add more weight (resistance) to your exercises each week. When I train a person who is new to weight training, they normally get a little stronger each week. If they can do 12 reps with a certain weight, I will increase the weight so they can only get 8-10 reps. The next workout, I will try to have them do 12 reps with that new weight and then add more weight. That's how the process works to keep the muscles adapting to the new resistance and that's how they grow and get bigger.
    Hi John, so basically Im trying to get more reps each workout and then add weight when I hit 12 reps. For instance squat 100 for 3x8 once I hit 3x12 add weight? What I mean is, is it every workout or every week?

romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's great to hear! I'm glad you have decided to stay drug-free. It's really not worth it in the long run to use the drugs. Plus, at 280 pounds plus, you are definitely big enough and you don't need to use steroids!

As for my supplements, I take quite a few. I take protein powders, of course, including Optimum Nutrition's Whey Gold, Casein and Pro Complex. I take a recovery drink after my workout - 2:1:1 Recovery by Optimum. I also take creatine - Vassive C5 by ON and a pre-workout drink made of Vassive EA8 (amino acid mix) and Vassive NO (nitric oxide). I take a multi vitamin and mineral supplement as well as longjack ali for my testosterone production and Prostate support for my prostate. I take glucosamine for my joints. That's about it I think. LOL
    Are test boosters still considered natural?

dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50) dballer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Turkish1530 View Post

Dude That is incredible! huge inspiration! your the man!

John, what does your current chest and tricep routine look like?
    For chest, I do barbell or dumbbell bench presses for 4 sets of 12, 10, 6-8 reps (for the last two sets) followed by incline bb or db presses for 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps followed by incline or flat flyes for 3 sets of 8-10 reps. For triceps, I start with either close-grip benches or pushdowns for 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps and then go to tricep extensions on a decline bench or on a slight incline bench (almost sitting straight up) for 3 sets of 8-10 reps and I finish with either dips or bench dips for 3 sets of 8-12 reps.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by RedneckBuddha View Post
    Hi John, so basically Im trying to get more reps each workout and then add weight when I hit 12 reps. For instance squat 100 for 3x8 once I hit 3x12 add weight? What I mean is, is it every workout or every week?
    Usually you can go up in weight every week at the beginner level. Use your best judgement on when to go up in weight. If you are doing 12 reps with a weight, you can go up a little on that set and then go up even a little more for the next set or two. That will help build your strength faster, doing a new, heavier weight for 2 sets of 8 reps.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by romeo196 View Post
    Are test boosters still considered natural?
    Depends on the organization who is doing the testing but my answer would be not really. Anything that helps to raise your hormone levels (if it works or not is the question) is not really natural. However, there is another school of thought that says if it is sold over the counter or in a health food store and it is not illegal, then it is still natural.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

John, what does your back and biceps workout look like?

John, what does your back and biceps workout look like?
    For back, I do two different workouts. For the first one, I start with close-grip pulldowns for 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps (sort of a warm-up) then I go to 4 sets of barbell rows for 10, 8, 6, 6 reps and follow that with 3 sets of seated cable rows for 10, 8, 6 reps. I like to finish with deadlifts off the floor for 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps. Lately, I haven't been able to do deadlifts because of the compressed discs in my lower back so I will do hyper-ext on a flat bench having my partner hold my legs so I don't fall over the bench and superset them with light (225 lb) deadlifts.

For the second workout, I will start with close-grip pulldowns again for 2 sets and then do 3 sets of wide-grip chins for 8-10 reps. I will follow this with one-arm db rows for 3 sets of 10, 8, 6 reps and then do 3 sets of T-Bar Rows for 10, 8, 6 reps. I will finish with hyper-ext for 3 sets of 20, 15, 15 reps. For the last 2 sets, I will hold a 45 pound plate to my chest and do 15 reps followed by 8-10 more reps without the weight.

For biceps, I will start with either incline curls or standing alternate db curls for 3 sets of 10, 8, 8 reps and then do 2-3 sets of either barbell curls or barbell preacher curls for 8-10 reps. I will finish with a forearm exercise like reverse barbell curls or db hammer curls for 3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by Victor_Winstrol View Post
    John, do you take zinc? I heard it's good for test levels and muscle building.
    I take zinc just as part of my multi vitamin and mineral supplements. Zinc and magnesium are both excellent minerals to supplement with because they are typically very low in the average diet.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50) seanoh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what are your reasons for staying natural? health related im guessing?

and what do you think are decent numbers for bench squat dead at my weight... about 13% bf. thanks in advance
    Ain't nothin to it but to do it - 'The King' Ronnie Coleman

Blue Jays all day!

If any of you guys are on Twitter, check out my updates at Team_ABB.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnderdog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey John! this thread is awesome and littered with great advice...I have sorta a random question...as a pro bodybuilder were you ever content with your physique or how you looked or did you find you were constantly unsatisfied and trying to improve?
    Check the log bro:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146385553

Originally Posted by seanoh View Post
    what are your reasons for staying natural? health related im guessing?

and what do you think are decent numbers for bench squat dead at my weight... about 13% bf. thanks in advance
    I don't know if you read the beginning of this thread but I did use steroids at one time. I used them for 12 weeks before a contest once a year for a five year period. At that time, there were no natural contests around and if you wanted to have a chance to win, you had to use the drugs. I competed in 10 contests as a teenage bodybuilder and I never used them at that time because I wanted to wait until I developed my physique naturally.
    It wasn't until I reached a weight of 230 pounds natural that I decided to use them before a contest.

The reason I decided to stop using them was because I realized that I would probably have to use the drugs more often and in greater amounts in order to compete on the national level and then the pro level.

I didn't like the idea of using more and more drugs to develop my physique. It was one thing to use them in limited amounts to hold onto the muscle and strength when I was dieting but to use them to build my physique, I was totally against that. I felt that bodybuilding should be about training, nutrition and a strong mindset (discipline, will power, dedication, persistence) and about drugs. Also, as you mentioned, is it worth it to risk your health on the hope that one day you will make it as a pro bodybuilder. At the time (late 1980's), only 6 guys a year were turning pro (4 weight class winners at the NPC Nationals, the overall winner at the USA and the overall winner at the North America). I wasn't even close to being a pro bodybuilder. The best I did on the national level was a placing somewhere between 11th and 15th at the Jr. Nationals. I wasn't exactly on the cusp of being a pro. LOL

I was actually going to retire from competition at 27 years old but then I decided to compete in a natural contest the following year. The requirements for being drug free were one year so I met that rule. My physique was not that different drug-free than it was on steroids. My weight was only a few pounds lighter but that was from dieting too hard for my first drug-free show. Of course, you don't have the drug hardness and fullness that comes from the steroids but my mass was something I developed naturally so that was always there. I got up to 230 pounds at 21 years old without taking anything so I always had that muscle mass base from that point forward.

You didn't post your weight and how much you are benching and squatting now.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by TheUnderdog View Post
    hey John! this thread is awesome and littered with great advice...I have sorta a random question...as a pro bodybuilder were you ever content with your physique or how you looked or did you find you were constantly unsatisfied and trying to improve?
    I guess we are never really satisfied with how our physique looks when we are competing. Of course, it was always great to win a contest and there was a lot of satisfaction from that but I always felt there was room for improvement in my physique. When I won the Natural Mr. Universe in 1992, I peaked perfectly and I was really ripped while keeping my fullness. However, I still felt like I could be bigger. In 1996, when I won the Natural Mr. Universe in the pro division, I was much bigger. About 10 pounds heavier than when I won the Universe the first time four years earlier. However, I was not hard enough although I was cut (but not ripped). I loved how my physique looked that year though. I was really big and full and felt great onstage. When I came back to compete two years later at the Natural Olympia, I was much harder and more ripped. I guess it was the best combination of the hardness from '92 and the size and fullness from '96. My weight in '92 was around 198, my weight in '96 was 208 and my weight in '98 was 204.

I was always concerned with bringing up my weak points. My thighs (quads) were always a challenge because my lats are very wide and my shoulder structure was also really wide. I needed full quads with good separation to match my upper body. I also worked my delts hard to get that outer delt cap and my triceps so they would be in proportion to my biceps, which grew very easily. My chest was a strong bodypart but it tended to get flat if I dieted too hard. If I was ripped and my chest was still big and full, I knew I did things right for that contest.
    Attached Images
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) thereaperman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey John...

what is your opinion on doing one muscle group per day? Would this be okay for natural bodybuilders? I sometimes see this split in muscle mags but wasn't sure if it was for naturals as well... something like this...

Monday: Chest (14-15 sets)
    Tuesday: Back.... (14-15 sets)
    Wednesday: Legs... (12 sets)
    Thursday: Shoulders, traps.... (12 sets)
    Friday: Biceps/triceps.... (9 and 9) sets
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: off

romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, can you critique my diet, exercise and cardio. Im 185 lbs and im looking to loose as much fat as possible without giving away any muscle mass.

Diet on my low carb days:

meal 1: 5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs and a cup of oatmeal.
    meal 2: 1 can of tuna and 1 whole wheat bread
    meal 3: 8 oz chicken
    meal 4: half a can of salmon(aprox 35g protein)and less than half a cup of rice
    meal 5 preworkout: an apple and 30grams whey
    meal 6 postworkout: 60grams whey, 40 grams of sugar(sports drink) 5 grams creatine
    meal 7: 1 hour after postworkout meal, 10 oz chicken and half cup of rice
    meal 8: 4 egg whites and tablespoon of peanut butter

I do 3 low carb days and 1 high carb. my high carb days consist of aprox 350grams of carbs and 320 grams of protein, I dont count my fats but it's not more than 80 grams.

I do weight training 5 days a week, 1 body part per week, my rest between sets is about 45 seconds to a minute, I do 4 sets per excercise and about 3 or 4 different excercises, rep range is 6-8 and on the last set is 15-20.

Im doing cardio after weight training for 5 days a week, im running in the treadmill for about 25 minutes (slow cardio) keeping my heart rate in about 155.

Originally Posted by thereaperman View Post
    Hey John...

what is your opinion on doing one muscle group per day? Would this be okay for natural bodybuilders? I sometimes see this split in muscle mags but wasn't sure if it was for naturals as well... something like this...

Monday: Chest (14-15 sets)
    Tuesday: Back.... (14-15 sets)
    Wednesday: Legs... (12 sets)
    Thursday: Shoulders, traps.... (12 sets)
    Friday: Biceps/triceps.... (9 and 9) sets
    Saturday: off
    Sunday: off
    I've never been a fan of doing one bodypart a day and training 5-6 days in a row. A lot of people like training like this but I prefer to take a full day off from training after every 2 days. When I train very heavy and hard doing exercises like squats, leg presses, hack squats, stiff-leg deadlifts or chins, barbell rows, t-bar rows and deadlifts, I am wiped out the next day. To go back into the gym the next day when I am drained from the workout I did the day before would be counterproductive to growing. I think it's better to train a major muscle group with a smaller muscle group together and then take more days off from training instead of training every day in the gym.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by romeo196 View Post
    Hi, can you critique my diet, exercise and cardio. Im 185 lbs and im looking to loose as much fat as possible without giving away any muscle mass.

Diet on my low carb days:

meal 1: 5 egg whites, 3 whole eggs and a cup of oatmeal.
    meal 2: 1 can of tuna and 1 whole wheat bread
    meal 3: 8 oz chicken
    meal 4: half a can of salmon(aprox 35g protein)and less than half a cup of rice
    meal 5 preworkout: an apple and 30grams whey
    meal 6 postworkout: 60grams whey, 40 grams of sugar(sports drink) 5 grams creatine
    meal 7: 1 hour after postworkout meal, 10 oz chicken and half cup of rice
    meal 8: 4 egg whites and tablespoon of peanut butter

I do 3 low carb days and 1 high carb. my high carb days consist of aprox 350grams of carbs and 320 grams of protein, I dont count my fats but it's not more than 80 grams.

I do weight training 5 days a week, 1 body part per week, my rest between sets is about 45 seconds to a minute, I do 4 sets per excercise and about 3 or 4 different excercises, rep range is 6-8 and on the last set is 15-20.

Im doing cardio after weight training for 5 days a week, im running in the treadmill for about 25 minutes (slow cardio) keeping my heart rate in about 155.
    You didn't say what your progress was on the diet you are currently following. If you are making progress on this diet and losing fat consistently each week then I think it is a good diet. One suggestion I would make is that you take a little bit longer rest periods between sets. 45 seconds to a minute is practically nothing. You must have to train pretty light going that fast through your workout. Your weight training sessions are anaerobic and they are not meant to be aerobic. It's better to go a little slower (2 min between each set at least) and train heavier to stimulate the muscle mass.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Owen2009 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello John!!

Im a natural bodybuilder hoping to compete soon, at the moment im bulking up im weighing around 75-80 kilograms at 5 foot 7.

The way i train is different to other people because i find i need to train some body parts twice a week.

Monday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Wednesday Back, Biceps, Legs
    Friday Chest, Shoulders , Triceps

I stick to 3-4 sets on all bodyparts and the rep range is anything from 6-12
    At the moment im training extremely heavy to bulk up for a natural competition i want to enter next year.

I keep my training old-school and very basic no complicated stuff like (rest-pause, drop sets etc)

I'd like your opinion on my training split? and wether im training the right way?

Originally Posted by Owen2009 View Post
    Hello John!!

Im a natural bodybuilder hoping to compete soon, at the moment im bulking up im weighing around 75-80 kilograms at 5 foot 7.

The way i train is different to other people because i find i need to train some body parts twice a week.

Monday Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Wednesday Back, Biceps, Legs
    Friday Chest, Shoulders , Triceps

I stick to 3-4 sets on all bodyparts and the rep range is anything from 6-12
    At the moment im training extremely heavy to bulk up for a natural competition i want to enter next year.

I keep my training old-school and very basic no complicated stuff like (rest-pause, drop sets etc)

I'd like your opinion on my training split? and wether im training the right way?
    Hi Owen! Yes, I like the way you are training. I used a very similar split myself when I was about your age. I did the push-pull method that you are using. I trained chest, delts, triceps and calves on Monday and Thursday and legs, back and biceps on Tuesday and Friday. Just use the basic exercises and try to keep the total number of sets to 25 or less and keep training heavier. You're on the right track!
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Page 62 of 127 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast