Page 2 of 127 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dragonpit View Post
    i use to work out there and i didnt see anything that great. yeah he was one of the few that did front squats but woopdy doo!

nothing personal about him i just dont see how his training deserved your respect.
    Must not have been me, I can't do front squats anymore because of the compressed discs in my lower back. However, I always train as hard and heavy as I can using the basic exercises. Check out my DVD "Real Muscle" and you will see how I train.

No offense but I remember seeing you at the gym also but I cannot recall ever seeing you bust your ass working out. I remember seeing you walking around but that's about it. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say.....
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

www.johnhansenfitness.com

www.musclesatthemovies.com

warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) warbird00 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    No offense but I remember seeing you at the gym also but I cannot recall ever seeing you bust your ass working out. I remember seeing you walking around but that's about it. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say.....
    haha, nice

samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) samsbolton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thankyou for the explanation. As a lifetime natural myself I have nothing against any drug using bodybuilder and indeed am going to see Big Ron in London on Friday.
    However I would contend your assertion that there is a difference between building a physique on drugs and using them to hold on to muscle when dieting. As many naturals know, getting big is not much more than a matter of eating enough and training heavy. The problem for a natural is losing that fat and keeping the muscle.
    I think your own physique shows you are significantly bigger (properly conditioned) than the lifetime natural competitors I have seen in the UK (polygraph and urine tested).

Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    wow thanks john for coming on and writing all that u did and with such honesty.
    Thanks Ronnie, you're a true legend

Well done Dexter Jackson!!!

"You live on earth one time and one time only. There's only one u, why not look as good as possible?" - lord infamous

"The more a man learns, he realises how little he knows"

Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Colemans#1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LUKEDEICHER View Post
    Photos don't lie........................
    thats warren clampit, hes a really nice guy. i see him at the shows and ive seen him compete a few times. he takes the time to talk about stuff with you, good for the natural scene
    Thanks Ronnie, you're a true legend

Well done Dexter Jackson!!!

"You live on earth one time and one time only. There's only one u, why not look as good as possible?" - lord infamous

"The more a man learns, he realises how little he knows"

dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10) dedicated bb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Must not have been me, I can't do front squats anymore because of the compressed discs in my lower back. However, I always train as hard and heavy as I can using the basic exercises. Check out my DVD "Real Muscle" and you will see how I train.

Thank you so much for coming on and giving us an insight into what you have done you are truly inspirational to everyone especially those who want to go down the natural bodybuilding competition. Don't worry about what one person says he clearly does not speak for the rest of us. If you have any other stories,advice or anything at all to post please feel free to pm me or start threads about it. Thanks once again

Im aware of your breast TheSheepdog's Avatar
    TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey John, who's the best natural in the world right now...Rodney Helaire??
    ARMY VET, POLICE OFFICER,SHEEPDOG
    ★cVc★

deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10) deags is on a distinguished road. (+10)

John is a true professional!

John Hansen is my personal trainer and the man knows bodybuilding. He has helped guide me through an incredible body transformation and is currently helping me prepare for two shows in November at the age of 41!

I have known John for a while now and he is extremely knowledgable about training and nutrition. He is incredibly honest and there is no reason not to believe him. Remember that John has been SERIOUSLY training for almost 30 years. Not many of you can say this. He has put in many hours in the gym and I have seen first hand his attention to nutrition.

I thank Naturals like John who are honest, professional people that want to help other natural athletes achive their goals. My goal was to compete and he is helping me bring my best physique to the stage. Obviously I would like to place high, but I know the limitations of my physique at this point, and I will be very happy to simply be in my best possible condition for these shows.

Thank you John for being a great trainer and nutritional advisor. Continue being a positive force in the world of natural bodybuilidng.

Mike

Im aware of your breast TheSheepdog's Avatar
    TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSheepdog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for asking that question and I would love to explain my answer to clear everything up.

The short answer is, yes, I did use steroids about 20 years ago when I was in my early twenties but I used them only in preparation for the competitions I was entering so that was for 12 weeks once a year. I DID NOT use them to build my physique, only to hold onto muscle and keep my strength up when I was dieting.

My original goal when I started training at 14 years old was to win the Mr. Universe and be in the magazines like the guys I read about in Muscle Builder Magazine. I didn't know anything about steroids until I read an interview with Arnold in a 1978 issue of Muscle Builder magazine. In that issue, Arnold admitted that he used steroids in preparation for a contest and that all of the top bodybuilders competing in the Mr. America, Mr. Universe and Mr. Olympia used them. However, Arnold said that the drugs were only being used as a "finishing touch" and that they only accounted for a 5-10% improvement in the physique but, without that 5-10% extra improvement, you would risk losing the contest.

Arnold also advised young bodybuilders to not use the drugs to build their physiques because, if they did, they would have a drug physique, a body built with the use of steroids. He said young guys (like myself) would be much better off building their bodies through hard training and good nutrition. This would create a body built through hard work and not on drugs (a temporary condition). Since Arnold was my idol, I took his words to heart and made the decision to build my body through hard training and good nutrition.

I started competing in the teenage bodybuilding competitions at 16 years old and it didn't take long for me to realize that many of the competitors I was up against were not natural. At first, I could not believe this because Arnold said that only the top national level competitors were using steroids but here I could see that even the teenage bodybuilders were taking them.

You have to understand that the situation in the 1970's and 1980's was much different than it is today. First of all, steroids were not a federal offense, only a misdemeanor IF you got caught taking them without a doctor's prescription. Most of the general public and the media was not aware of steroids and it was never talked about in the sports pages or on television like it is today. There was a doctor only a few blocks from the gym I trained at who would readily prescribe steroids to anyone who wanted them, whether for a competition or just to get bigger.

My training partner at the time was about 5-6 years older than me and he told me he could get some steroids for me to take so I would definitely win my next teenage competition. I have to admit that it was very tempting because I was getting tired of getting beat by bodybuilders who had an unfair advantage. Even at that age, bodybuilding was my life and it was extremely hard to go into a contest and lose. I finally decided that I wanted to win Mr. America a lot more than I wanted to be Teenage Mr. America. I was going to do as Arnold said and just wait to build my physique naturally, no matter how long it took. I continued to compete naturally in all of the teenage shows I did and usually got my butt kicked. When I competed in the 1982 Teenage Mr. America, I really felt out of place. Although I took 5th place, it was a distant fifth because those guys who placed ahead of me looked unbelievable. David Hawk won my class and I swear he looked as good that night as he did when he won the NPC USA three years later and got his pro card.

When I reached my 20th birthday, I decided to take a year off of competition in order to bulk up and get as big as possible. I was 205 pounds about six months after my last teenage show and I got up to 230 pounds at 21 years old. Since I started off at 135 pounds when I began training at 14 years old, that was almost 100 pounds heavier in 7 years.

When I began competing in the open division competitions like the NPC Illinois State Championships and NPC Mid-America, I started using the drugs 12 weeks before the contest to hold onto my muscle mass and keep my strength up and get that finished look that Arnold talked about. My competition weight from 1985-1990 for these contests was between 201-208 pounds. I actually lost weight when using the drugs because I was dieting and trying to get ripped. After the show was over, I would get off the drugs and stay off them until the next year when I competed again. In the off season, my natural bodyweight would go back up to 220-230 pounds.

Although I won some state and regional contests, I never did well at the national level shows. I entered the NPC Jr. Nationals twice, in 1986 and 1989, and I never made the top 10 in either show. It didn't help that I was competing as a heavyweight only weighing about 205 pounds. However, I thought I could emulate other pro bodybuilders like Rich Gaspari and Mike Quinn, both of whom were my height and they weighed less than 210 pounds for competitions. At the 1988 Olympia, where they did an official weigh-in for all the competitors, Rich weighed 208 pounds and Mike weighed 204 pounds. Since I was right there, I thought I had a shot.

However, by the late '80's and early '90's, the competitors were getting much bigger. It didn't seem possible to make it to the top at the national or pro level by only doing the drugs for 12 weeks prior to a contest. I did not want to start taking the drugs all year long or start using the drugs to build my physique. Although it was my life-long dream, I decided to stop competing and give up my goal of becoming a pro bodybuilder.

Around this time, the natural competitions were starting to get popular. Since I had built my physique without using the drugs, I thought I could make the transition very easily and start competing naturally. My first natural show, the 1991 NPC Natural Illinois, required their competitors to be drug free for 12 months. I competed at 195 pounds which was about 5-7 pounds lighter than when I was using the drugs. However, one of the reasons I competed lighter was because I didn't give myself enough time to diet and I had to add a lot more cardio and cut my calories in order to get ripped in time for the contest. As a result, I was cut but too flat for my first natural contest. I learned that I would have to diet much longer to compete naturally.

The next year, I dieted for 16 weeks and competed at 198 pounds when I won the Natural Mr. Universe and I looked much, much better. I was 204 pounds when I competed in the 1995 Natural Universe and 208 pounds when I won the Natural Mr. Universe in 1996. Today, at 44 years old, I am about 215 pounds in lean condition and I get down to about 205 pounds for photo shoots and guest posing.

My point is that I developed my body through lots of hard and heavy training and good nutrition. The steroids were only used in small amounts and for short periods and only to create the finished look to compete. If I had used the drugs to build my size, I wouldn't have had that size when I went off the drugs.

For example, there was a bodybuilder in the '80's who had great potential and was placing high in the national level events. He placed 3rd in the heavyweight class at the 1986 Jr. Nationals weighing about 215 pounds. Several years later, he decided to compete naturally. I saw him in a magazine around 1992 and he was weighing 185 pounds. Although he looked really good at this lighter weight, it was still 30 pounds less than when he used the drugs. My point is, if you use the drugs to build your size, you will lose the size when you stop taking the drugs. You don't get to keep the size or keep some of the size as so many young bodybuilders mistakenly believe.
    Like Arnold said back in 1978, the drugs are only temporary and their benefits go away after you stop taking them.

I have always been honest about the drugs that I took in the past because I have nothing to hide and I don't think they created my physique. Of course, I could have just never said anything or lied about it but that's not me. I have seen bodybuilding forums where I was called a liar and a fraud but I have always been upfront and honest about this. I think many of the people who say this don't know that I built up my size naturally or that I only used the drugs for the last 12 weeks before a contest when I was dieting. Like I said before, if I used the drugs to build my physique, I would not have the physique I have today (20 years later).

Sorry for the extremely long response but I wanted to fully explain this so you get the truth from the horse's mouth.
    damn, i wish i could shake your hand, i didnt think much of you or your success as natural O champ (i dont think the competition was as great as it is now..sorry ), but your honesty is spectacular, for one of the greatest "natural" champions of all-time to admit that he used drugs is outstanding and honorable
    ARMY VET, POLICE OFFICER,SHEEPDOG
    ★cVc★

Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Defiant1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice!!

John Hansen is here.

Great to see you.
    CSCS, ACSM cPT.

MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000) MassIsAhead is just really nice. (+1000)
    John... you're an inspiration to us all as one of few athletes who've stayed (largely) natural!
    i'm sure you've also heard of Marvin Eder from the 50s, who moved some unreal weights, natural too.

In a culture so largely plagued/influenced by drugs I think it's awesome to have guys like you here.

I hope you don't mind us asking you questions about training and dieting and so forth

Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Natural_O is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks everyone for the welcome! I'm happy to contribute to the forum at bodybuilding.com and I would be happy to answer any questions that anyone has.

John
    www.naturalolympia.com
    Attached Images
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jonny62 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    john this has been said by armymuscle01 i think

get ur own thread,it'll become sticky and then it'll be official

Originally Posted by jonny62 View Post
    john this has been said by armymuscle01 i think

get ur own thread,it'll become sticky and then it'll be official
    Sounds good! Let's talk to the moderators and get it set up. I would love to be available to answer any questions you guys have!

John
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaffigan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for asking that question and I would love to explain my answer to clear everything up.

The short answer is, yes, I did use steroids about 20 years ago when I was in my early twenties but I used them only in preparation for the competitions I was entering so that was for 12 weeks once a year. I DID NOT use them to build my physique, only to hold onto muscle and keep my strength up when I was dieting.
    You used them to "hold onto muscle" before your shows? I don't know what to make of that. I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, believe me. I'm just saying that if you used them, you used them ... and that's that.

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I vote for sticky and have alot of respect for the honesty of your posts John.

I too would like to know who you think is todays best natural BB?

Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Quelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gaffigan View Post
    You used them to "hold onto muscle" before your shows? I don't know what to make of that. I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, believe me. I'm just saying that if you used them, you used them ... and that's that.

I think what a lot of people arent getting with the "natural" classification is that it doesnt mean lifetime natural....most competitions are eaither 1, 3, 5, or 7 years drug free....only shows specifically designated as lifetime natural are lifetime natural....now I didn't do the math but it looks like John was competiting without any steroid use, pre contest or not, for years after he did his last cycle....so he definitely qualifies

rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000) rich55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks very much for your candor and perspective into competitive bodybuilding a few years back. Your journey into natural competitive bodybuilding is inspiring!

I think for many young guys we have to decide which we want because it truly is apples vs. oranges. I will test the NPC waters a bit to show I can hang, but I know my limitations. A natural pro card is what I want.
    "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phi 4:13
    - WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder, Gym Owner & Promoter -

www.BEYONDLIMITSTRAINING.net ---> the hardest working gym in Columbus, Ohio!

INBF Natural Buckeye Classic & WNBF Pro Tournament of Champions:
    www.NATURALBUCKEYECLASSIC.com - April 13, 2013

Originally Posted by chenko View Post
    I vote for sticky and have alot of respect for the honesty of your posts John.

I too would like to know who you think is todays best natural BB?
    I don't really know because there are so many natural organizations now, it's hard to keep track. Rob Hope from England is pretty freaky, he has huge arms but he doesn't really weigh that much. Rodney Hellaire is also really good, he has freaky genetics, small waist and big arms and pecs. It seems like the emphasis now is on extreme conditioning (ripped glutes in particular) which is the trend for pro bodybuilding also. I was never able to get ripped glutes, no matter how lean I got. I'm sort of like Melvin Anthony and Lee Priest in that regard. I think this trend of emphasizing the ripped glutes is a little overboard but that's just my opinion.
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by Quelly View Post
    I think what a lot of people arent getting with the "natural" classification is that it doesnt mean lifetime natural....most competitions are eaither 1, 3, 5, or 7 years drug free....only shows specifically designated as lifetime natural are lifetime natural....now I didn't do the math but it looks like John was competiting without any steroid use, pre contest or not, for years after he did his last cycle....so he definitely qualifies
    Yes, you are exactly right, thank you for saying that. When I competed in my first natural contest, the rules were drug free for 12 months. As I continued to compete in the natural competitions, the drug-free period got longer. First it was 3 years, then 5 years, then 7 years, etc. I am promoting a contest this July in Chicago and we are going to have one contest that is a life-time natural competition. With the way the competitive bodybuilding scene is set up now, with all the natural organizations and the emphasis on so many natural bodybuilders and natural training, I don't see why anyone would use steroids at all unless they wanted to become a pro bodybuilder. Now that there are so many avenues for natural bodybuilders, why not just stay natural and compete against guys who are on the same level as you?
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

Originally Posted by rich55 View Post
    Thanks very much for your candor and perspective into competitive bodybuilding a few years back. Your journey into natural competitive bodybuilding is inspiring!

I think for many young guys we have to decide which we want because it truly is apples vs. oranges. I will test the NPC waters a bit to show I can hang, but I know my limitations. A natural pro card is what I want.
    Good for you Rich! I wish you the best of luck. If you have a clear cut goal, you will do whatever it takes to eventually reach that goal!
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

I don't really know because there are so many natural organizations now, it's hard to keep track. Rob Hope from England is pretty freaky, he has huge arms but he doesn't really weigh that much. Rodney Hellaire is also really good, he has freaky genetics, small waist and big arms and pecs. It seems like the emphasis now is on extreme conditioning (ripped glutes in particular) which is the trend for pro bodybuilding also. I was never able to get ripped glutes, no matter how lean I got. I'm sort of like Melvin Anthony and Lee Priest in that regard. I think this trend of emphasizing the ripped glutes is a little overboard but that's just my opinion.
    Thanks for the reply.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've repped John, but I don't have enough to give him a rep count.
    I ask you this my fellow posters, shouldn't John have more than a 0 rep count?
    Rep him if you read this, awesome guy!

au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) au-naturalle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    repped as much as i cud- he deserves it

percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i'll bet in the future natural bbing will shape up to be like the golden age physiques which is what most people want to look like. maybe there will be another Arnold in the bunch

natural pros in da house! wheres str8flexed

Another question:

what are the steps in getting to competing in the natural olympia and when is it?

example: regional comp- national comp- natural pro card comp- natural olympia
    Last edited by percussion8903; 05-17-2007 at 06:08 AM.

percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) percussion8903 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fiend_73 View Post
    Natural_O is a name known to all, what more could you ask for?
    joking.

Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000) Wilde is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mindraper View Post
    Is there really a contest called "Natural Mr. Olympia" ?
    there is, I qualified for it but didn't bother entering to save myself the embarrasment.
    Bodybuilding is all about image not numbers, when you're up on stage your lifting stats and bodyfat % means nothing to the judges.

Originally Posted by percussion8903 View Post
    i'll bet in the future natural bbing will shape up to be like the golden age physiques which is what most people want to look like. maybe there will be another Arnold in the bunch

natural pros in da house! wheres str8flexed

Another question:

what are the steps in getting to competing in the natural olympia and when is it?

example: regional comp- national comp- natural pro card comp- natural olympia
    Percussion, I believe you have to win the overall at one of their competitions and then they have a Team USA competition that you have to compete in (not win) about a month before the Natural Olympia so you will be on the USA Team or the team for your country, where ever you are from. When I competed in it the first time in 1998, I competed in the professional division so I didn't have to go to the Team USA contest. There are also certain competitions that are pro qualifiers so if you win one of those, you can compete in the professional divisions of the Natural Olympia and Natural Universe. Check out the organization's website at www.naturalbodybuilding.com for more details.

John
    www.Naturalolympia.com

www.mp6training.com

TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000) TySJI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by armymuscle01 View Post
    JOHN SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN THREAD LIKE THE IFBB PROS
    Agreed!

ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ellomis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why is it you sheep think this guy is anything
    but what he is, a former drug user with an agenda under
    the guise of being a natural bodybuilder.
    he's only here to sell you something. AND after
    the fleecing is done he, his possible own thread
    will disappear like all the rest and you sheep will
    be lining up for the next fleecing.

baaa at ya ltrz
    may the negs begin