birdy247 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How much fat on a cutting diet

Ok, so im trying to get around 1700 cals a day. Many of you wil say this is low for 6' 170lbs 10% BF ish. But it is working for me.

Supplementing with Sida ...

How much fat should i be getting. I currently get around 20g a day. Think i might increase my nut consuption to 50g a day, providing me with a total fat intake of 43g. Working on a 45/35/20 split.

Also gona up my cardio, currently 4 times a week (20 mins) to make 2 of those sessions include 15 minute warm up, + 15 mins HIIIT, + 5-10 min warm down.

matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matthor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    a good figure for fats is 0.4-0.5g/lb. Your cals seem low for your weight and I'd look to increase it if i were you (unless you are operting on a planned refeed timetable)
    "There's levels of retardation most people don't even know about"

- Matt's Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=84812603#post84812603

"Solid session after all that alcohol intoxication" - Kruczynski

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by birdy247 View Post
    But it is working for me.
    That's all that matter, then, right? IMO your definately not getting enough fat and your cals are low, but you know that, right?

I am aware that my calories are low, but i dont seem to be loosing much muscle and apart from a few occasions i still have alot of energy, (just needed 200ml isotonic drink to bring me back to normal). What will happen if my fats are too low??

Also, i am currently doing virtually nothing during the days apart from revising for exams i.e sitting at a desk. Only real movement i am getting is about the house, and to the gym and runs. Hence the low calories.

I think i have a BMR of around 2200 when set to sereditary. I persoanly think my body adapts and lowers my BMR very low when i lower my calories. I have a resting heart beat of around 50 BMP, so i dont expect to burn many calories during the day.

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OK, again, it's working for you. What answers or advise are you looking for, or are you just making a statement?

My question is what advantages will upping my fat intake do for me?? Similarly what will happen if it is too low?

Thanks

Originally Posted by birdy247 View Post
    My question is what advantages will upping my fat intake do for me?? Similarly what will happen if it is too low?

Thanks
    Fats from animal and vegetable sources provide a concentrated source of energy in the diet; they also provide the building blocks for cell membranes and a variety of hormones and hormonelike substances. Fats as part of a meal slow down absorption so that we can go longer without feeling hungry. In addition, they act as carriers for important fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. Dietary fats are needed for the conversion of carotene to vitamin A, for mineral absorption and for a host of other processes.

It's really about the right fat in the proper proportions. I would recommend getting the lion's share from monounsaturated fats. Secondly from saturated fat, then your poly omega's. I would also recommend fats consist of anywhere from 20 to 35 % of your total cals. If you don't take any omega 3's I would highly recommend it from fish or seal oils. Pretty basic response, and my opinion, of course.
    Last edited by baarat; 05-11-2007 at 07:20 AM.