Thread: Gout?

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Gout?

I have read a few articles about it. They say people that eat alot of:

"There are many reasons why an episode of gout will appear, including drinking too much alcohol or eating certain kinds of food rich in purines such as seafood, beans, sweetbreads, gravies and anchovies. "

Is tuna seafood. Do I really have to worry about this, or is this one of those things were this food will cause this, but you have to eat 2267 tons of it a year.

Will eating food with lots of purines cause gout, or does it make it worse if you have it?
    Last edited by ck85abc; 05-04-2004 at 12:20 PM.

Loose Cannon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ck85abc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ive read that article and ever other one like it on the internet. It really none of them explain anything about amount of intake. Just that these foods increase the chance of gout developing.

From the looks of it I don't have to worry. Since I eat red meat moderately, don't eat seafood(I don't think tuna is seafood) I drink lots of water. I don't over exercise. I have been and am still on my way of non being overweight.

Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Brosef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hah, how is tuna not seafood you schmucks.

damone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Evgeniy
    lol

jessica simpson strikes again

AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50) AceRx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

So is Chicken of the Sea chicken or tuna??

Reason I was considering tuna not seafood was because.

In a list I was looking at seafood consisted of muscles, scallops, craps, lobster, ect...

Then fish was in a different category.

The seafood was in the list of high amount of whatever chemical it is that promotes gout while fish was in the moderate level.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have gout? If you do I'll tell how to fix it.

no, im only 21 and they say it usually happends in late 30-50's. I just don't want to get it.

After reading on it though I am not going to worry about it.

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It is usually genetic. Next time you get your blood work done see what your Uric acid levels are. 8.2 is when you get into trouble. 1000 mg of Panthonic acid, 1 Tablespoon of Black Cherry juice, and 8 to 10 g of Vitamin C per day should clear it up. Uric Acid is a major anti-oxidant so ALA,CoQ10, and Green Tea have been theorized to help as well. Alapurinol is a cheap and effective drug for it.

Tattoo'd Biker Accountant ShadowRydr's Avatar
    ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have Gout.

I tried for YEARS to use diet to control it, nothing worked. Like clockwork every 6mos or so I'd get an attack so bad I couldn't stand it. I couldn't walk, couldn't put a shoe on, and even the pressure of a bed sheet was enough to cause extreme pain.

My physician took Uric acid levels and they were normal. I finally went to a podiatrist during an attack, he took one look at my foot and said. "Gout."

He immediatly prescribed Allopurinol. Its cheap, a 60 day supply runs me about 15 bucks. I've been on it for 3 years and haven't had an attack since. I am religious about taking my daily pill, it's been a god send.

htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShadowRydr View Post
    I have Gout.

I tried for YEARS to use diet to control it, nothing worked. Like clockwork every 6mos or so I'd get an attack so bad I couldn't stand it. I couldn't walk, couldn't put a shoe on, and even the pressure of a bed sheet was enough to cause extreme pain.

My physician took Uric acid levels and they were normal. I finally went to a podiatrist during an attack, he took one look at my foot and said. "Gout."

He immediatly prescribed Allopurinol. Its cheap, a 60 day supply runs me about 15 bucks. I've been on it for 3 years and haven't had an attack since. I am religious about taking my daily pill, it's been a god send.
    Hmmm, calling up an old thread....Have you had any occurences since this three months? I am on my second flair up in the last few months. I tried cherry pills as a preventative but apparantly that did not help. I read about taking Baking Soda on day three and it seems to not be helping at all. I really do not like having to take a prescription but this can be very hard to function normally with this flairing up alot. I do not drink in excess maybe once every couple of weeks I may have a few drinks, we eat more chicken than anything but oatmeal was a shocker, based on a low purine diet I think i will starve myself Curious if you are still around and how it is going. Or anyone else who has some experiance with gout.

Slowly getting bigger!! dkemano42's Avatar
    dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000) dkemano42 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Brosef View Post
    ^^^ This....just sayin..
    "After all is said and done, a lot more will have been said than done will have been done!"

Tattoo'd Biker Accountant ShadowRydr's Avatar
    ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowRydr is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by htown71 View Post
    Hmmm, calling up an old thread....Have you had any occurences since this three months? I am on my second flair up in the last few months. I tried cherry pills as a preventative but apparantly that did not help. I read about taking Baking Soda on day three and it seems to not be helping at all. I really do not like having to take a prescription but this can be very hard to function normally with this flairing up alot. I do not drink in excess maybe once every couple of weeks I may have a few drinks, we eat more chicken than anything but oatmeal was a shocker, based on a low purine diet I think i will starve myself Curious if you are still around and how it is going. Or anyone else who has some experiance with gout.

Hey, Actually im not around here much anymore, but did still get this email.

Still no gout attacks and I attribute it to the Allopurinol. Best damn little inexpensive miracle drug around. Quit suffering and get yourself on it. No attacks in years!

overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) overbulkedguy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've had gout twice(srs). I can honestly say that it was easily the most painful thing I have ever experianced in my life(have had a tumor taken out of my right tibia/appendix almost burst ect.). Both my flair ups were completely random. IMO I think even though some of those could aid you in a flair up I don't think eating them or not eating them is going to cause anything.
    Turning into the Juggernaut with Infinite Labs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134441131

-Girl didn't believe I was a virgin my first time crew

-Made a bish come back to back crew

Who needs abs with a face like this!

powerfreak131 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShadowRydr View Post
    I have Gout.

Right there with you with the exact same diagnosis. Allopurinol works for sure. I've also taken straight ACV, which has helped, probably mentally more than anything, when I "felt" an attack coming on.

Gout flat out sucks during an attack. A sheet, yes, a sheet, causes so much insane pain that you can't sleep. Rolling over, forget it. Slight bump against anything will make you cry. I still can't believe the pain it causes.

htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) htown71 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by powerfreak131 View Post
    Right there with you with the exact same diagnosis. Allopurinol works for sure. I've also taken straight ACV, which has helped, probably mentally more than anything, when I "felt" an attack coming on.

Gout flat out sucks during an attack. A sheet, yes, a sheet, causes so much insane pain that you can't sleep. Rolling over, forget it. Slight bump against anything will make you cry. I still can't believe the pain it causes.
    Yeah, I bit the bullet had the DR prescribe it. Have had too many occurrences as of late where I am out the the gym for weeks at a time. She gave me something for the actual flair up and the Allopurinol for preventative after the current one goes away. Thanks for the advice on this extremely painful topic.

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ck85abc View Post
    Since I eat red meat moderately, don't eat seafood(I don't think tuna is seafood)
    Agreed! Tuna is basically a land mammal.
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)