Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

From Big Cat : Need some info ...

Any of you at home in this market or know any firms that are looking for someone to design cutting edge supplements ? I have this idea I've been sitting on for a few months now, because its a gem and I want to get a decent price for this idea. But since its something that can basically wipe every cell-tech, nitro-tech, cell-volumizing compound and every cheap knock-off of such crap out of the water and provide even better results. And as of late i'm itching to market it and get rid of Muscle-crap BS once and for all. Prob is, like I said, I need a company that can make it, cost-effectively and market it properly.

The proposal is a few pages long, has plenty of references to back up its efficacy and the product is capable of adding calories to the diet for growth, promote insulin-related uptake for creatine and protein transports, provides in all needs for post-workout and daily nutrition, increases the uptake of glycogen in the muscle tissue, provides the three prime electrolytes for muscle contraction, reduces or eliminates muscle soreness altogether and a hell of a lot more. And while it needs some tweaking, it'll still be a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives.

And for the record I have other ideas as well, but am in no hurry to market those. If anybody knows a company that would be interested in properly marketing such a product and I can make some money off of it ...

Daz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NPD

I know of someone in Australia who makes products for certain company's, if you'd like to talk to him I can give you his number.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Just bumping this for ya Peter.

Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Big Cat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanx, but i'm afraid of going to local, that will negate the effect. I need someone who can market it widely, perhaps even run an ad or two.

Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sabercat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by Big Cat
    I need someone who can market it widely, perhaps even run an ad or two.
    Try this:
    http://www.impactnutrition.com/main_home.htm

Guys name is Bart Harcourt

sorry, couldn't resist
    My favorite BB.com quote:

'I keep thinking I've seen the most stupid thing I've ever read, then for the love of God you continue to reply.' RonB

Well it would solve the problem of tweaking the cost-effectiveness. He could sell it and still make a royal profit even at twice the manufacturing cost. But after the way he treated his product developers ...

Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Todd is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is this that big ass thing you were talking about mabye 6 months ago that had about 52.25 different functions?
    "It's 10:00, did you drink your protein shake?"

"Gimme my ****, or be **** on"

startac0214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How bout..

Every member of Bodybuilding.com donates a minimum of $20 to BigCat so he has enough funding to market and develop this product. Im sure we can raise enough =)

Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Antonio is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    count on me!!!!

Re: How bout..

Originally posted by startac0214
    Every member of Bodybuilding.com donates a minimum of $20 to BigCat so he has enough funding to market and develop this product. Im sure we can raise enough =)
    Haha, good idea, but I'd still need some contacts to have them made and distribute them.

Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fit For Life is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    All I can give you is independent companies who do stuff for private labels.

You give them the stuff, they make it, label it, etc.

But you won't be a BIG name in the industry. You would basically be starting a company. Would be nice if the money wasn't a problem some day.

I could get you contacts from the guys who started Prolab. They have 3 products out only, and they are called Iforce nutrition. Or contacts from Cytosport, Sportpharma, or Prolab. I also have talked to the CEO of HDT before. He almost used one of my ideas, but I don't know what happened??

I would stear towards a company like Cytosport. Good products, but not too many so far. Plus I don't think they have a product like a creatine transport deal. Maybe sort of.

You would need to call the US patent office, and make sure your ideas are SEALED. Remember you and I had this discussion a year ago. You don't want ANY ONE else to take it. You need to be 110% protected in case some fuk tries to steal the idea, ing cause it wasn't protected, etc.

fit
    "...the Self is a borderline concept, which I call a symbol because it expresses something we cannot express otherwise, because we simply don't understand it. The idea of the Self is really unknown ground. "Nietzsche's Zarathustra" p. 413-4

Original board member and moderator since 1999

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why not try Avant Labs?
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

Registered User WHOSYOURDADDY02's Avatar
    WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by D&G
    Why not try Avant Labs?
    I was just going to say that... If I had something worthy of being put on the market, I would bring it to par...He seems very logical, open minded, and fair. Plus his products all carry an excellent reputation. Obviously he has sources/contacts to get his raw materials and to do the pilling/etc....

The other idea, which has already been mentioned, was to start your own company. There are certain mass wholesalers that I know of who serve many brick and mortar establishments as well as Internet based. Getting hooked up with them would spread your product out to tons of retailers/resellers. Unfortunately, they dont make any of the products...they only hold warehouse....
    I don't sell UA...

Yeah, but Par isn't particularly interested in marketing this type of supplement. Nor can he afford to give anyone a serious cut yet with his business as young as it is. First rule of business, get settled before you make too many expenses.

ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ntrlmuscle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    hey, i'll mention it to a guy i know. he is in charge of manufacturing at a major supplement company. if his company picked the product up, they could certainly advertise and go national with it. i'll pm you after i talk to him.
    The goal of bodybuilding is not to be in competition with others, rather, to be in competition with oneself. We are all dealt a different set of circumstances and the true test of a champion is making the most of the situation you are faced with.

Registered User WHOSYOURDADDY02's Avatar
    WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WHOSYOURDADDY02 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im surprised Higher Power doesn't take their products to a wider user base...I mean, part of the discount we receive on the products is because of the fact that they don't have to pay other expenses associated with mass marketing....but either way, Im sure the cost would be competitive. Obviously if this were to occur, you could definitely get in on that...
    I don't sell UA...

Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicolai is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what about molecular nutrition??
    "But i guess thats just what sluts do" - Eminem

Nick

Originally posted by ntrlmuscle
    hey, i'll mention it to a guy i know. he is in charge of manufacturing at a major supplement company. if his company picked the product up, they could certainly advertise and go national with it. i'll pm you after i talk to him.
    Thanx man, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by WHOSYOURDADDY02
    Im surprised Higher Power doesn't take their products to a wider user base...I mean, part of the discount we receive on the products is because of the fact that they don't have to pay other expenses associated with mass marketing....but either way, Im sure the cost would be competitive. Obviously if this were to occur, you could definitely get in on that...
    Yeah, but Ryan carries a whole lot of products, he doesn't really need to take Higher Power to that level, especially since the first 3-4 years are a major investment to get it to take off.

Originally posted by Nicolai
    what about molecular nutrition??
    Same problem as Avantlabs. In 2-3 years when Molecular is a big hitter as well, Bill could afford that. But I don't think he has these possibilities right now.

phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000) phattony is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally posted by WHOSYOURDADDY02
    I think that Higher Power needs to revamp a lot of their product line. they should faze out some of the older inferior products and go with a smaller, up to date product line. Don't take this the wrong way because I like a good amount of their products: 1-AD, 4-andro 300, Anabol, Megabol, Trenabol, Ganabolin, Masterbolan, zma formulas..., and some of their basic stuff. If they did get rid of some of their crap products I think they would be much better off.

As for Big Cat's Question... I was also thinking Molecular Nutrition though Bill may be in the same PH-only market as Par. I would like for this to work out for you BC, good luck.

Peace, Tony
    !!!>>YES I'M PHAT<<!!!

"In the weight-game the key to progression is dedication and intensity."

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Bump

Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Marketing Strategy

This is too easy Bigcat! Here's what you should do. Forget about sharing the idea with any large supplement companies, but even more so, don't share it with the smaller ones either. The small companies are even more likely to steal an idea than the big ones since a landmark supplement and a good marketing strategy can propel their company name to the top and help them move ALL of their other supps. as well. Also, registering it at the patent office wouldn't hurt, but you don't get an actual patent or exclusive rights to that product until you prove it works in controlled studies conducted at independant research facilities such as universities, and that isn't cheap. A large company could give you a cut for an idea, but in all likelyhood it would be unimaginably small or they would just take the idea and use it as their own since it doesn't sound like you've got the bucks to take a large company to court. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's reality.
    You'll need to come up with your own funding. Try a bank! If you have the education you claim ( and I think you do ) then getting money from a bank for a business idea is easy. Banks love giving loans to educated people. You don't need to share the specifics of your new supplement with them, but just let them know that you plan on starting your own supplement line. Let them know the gross sales yearly of the supplement industry in the states as well as worldwide and show projected growth rates for the industry over the next fews (and they're rather staggering #'s by the way). Have a solid plan to market the supplements when you visit the bank. But again you don't need to share this specific idea with them, only that you plan on starting your own supp. line. Don't say you're only planning on selling one product either. Let them know you plan on carrying an entire line of products such as creatine, whey protein, etc... eventually. If you succeed you probably will be anyway.
    Purchase the raw chemicals and have them mixed the way you want them from a supplier. Even most large companies do this, but certainly all of the small to medium sized supp. companies operate this way. Only the large companies make their own products, and even they aren't actually making the raw ingredients. They're only mixing, packaging and labelling at their own facilities. Shop around for raw ingredient suppliers as well since price can vary greatly from supplier to supplier (I know. I purchase a large array of chemicals on a regular basis in my business. I'm talking large quantities like transports/tankers full).
    You'll either need to pay to have someone else package and label for you or rent a small facility adequate to operate under GMP's.
    Contact various magazines and check out the cost of advertising in them ( this should be done before you go to the bank, remember, you need a solid plan for marketing your products if you want money ). Decide where your target market is and figure out where you'll get the most bang for your buck. One add in a major magazine combined with good customer service could make you and your product overnight. Don't forget to market to the chicks if it's a diet product. Set up a phone line and pay someone else to take the calls or do it yourself. You could do this right from your home and write it off on your taxes.
    Now here's some more bad news for you. You'll need to sensationalize your product in your advertising. Don't expect anyone to buy it if you don't. This is a sport/business where everybody's looking for that legal anabolic nuclear bomb. And if your not claiming to provide one, there's plenty of other companies who are doing so, and they'll beat you to the punch. They'll also produce generic versions of your product if it works, so you need to hit the ground running with this and make sure your product's name is widespread as the original (people always love the original). Any money you make at the start should go right back into advertising. Remember think big and think longterm. Don't develope and market a new product so slow that a large company steals the idea and mass markets it immediately claiming that they're the original. And also remember that some mammoth supplement companies made their name on a small number of products with good advertising alone. ( What did Muscletech have? Acetabolan, Hydroxycut, and Creatine 6000 ES. Like'em or not, nobody can argue the advertising genious of this company). I doubt you'll be able to afford 6 pages of overinflated bull**** per advertisment but 1/2 page adds will do the trick if you can convince people that only you can provide them with that anabolic bomb. Study other adds which have sold products successfully and mimmick their style with your own ammo. of course.
    Finally, if you go ahead with your idea, this is business now so never forget it's about making money. Good luck with your venture and don't be afraid to take risks!
    Last edited by Bing; 04-20-2002 at 09:43 PM.

Registered User AnthonyGoldsGym's Avatar
    AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnthonyGoldsGym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: From Big Cat : Need some info ...

If anybody knows a company that would be interested in properly marketing such a product and I can make some money off of it ...
    Look at my post tonight in your Impact Nutrition sticky, BC. Got a marketing company you'd like to maybe work with....*lol*
    ------------------------------------------------
    Pics Thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51434&highlight=august

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)

GEN

I have been in contact with GEN's CEO for a while. He could probably be interested.

Tell me what you think.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

If he is, I'd love to talk to him

Re: Marketing Strategy

Originally posted by Bing
    You'll need to come up with your own funding. Try a bank! If you have the education you claim ( and I think you do ) then getting money from a bank for a business idea is easy. Banks love giving loans to educated people.

Maybe where you live, but here banks don't tend to give loans to students or other people who don't have a steady job.

Now here's some more bad news for you. You'll need to sensationalize your product in your advertising. Don't expect anyone to buy it if you don't. This is a sport/business where everybody's looking for that legal anabolic nuclear bomb. And if your not claiming to provide one, there's plenty of other companies who are doing so, and they'll beat you to the punch.

I can run an actual 6-page add with nothing but condensed scientifically proven info and still have to leave a bunch out, I seriously doubt that would be a problem. As far as the anabolic nuclear bomb, my motto has always been : "IT isn't better than steroids, but its better than anything any other company has"

Its not a viable idea at this point. The bank will not go for it, mostly because I don't have a steady job as a student, and not a penny to my name, much less anything to offer as collateral. Its a good idea though, and if the money were available its definitely a path to walk. But you forgot distributors, mail order costs and so on. I don't mind ads, producing, answering calls. Its shipping orders internationally that frightens the **** out of me, mostly because I've seen how much of what I ordered never gets here.

RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000) RippedUp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If he is, I'd love to talk to him
    Cat, c'est fait. I've just emailed him. I'll tell when he answers.
    "Strive for perfection,
    Nothing less"

Thanx man

CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CyberGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just out of curiosity, did you ever try the product?? I trust you, and i would love to be your guinea pig if you need a controlled study
    "Everything would have been geared for making my body able to withstand another small dose of iron on the bar for each exercise every week or two, even if it was just a few ounces. " -Stuart McRobert.