tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjohnsonr10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Way to improve bench

I really need to get my bench up as it is really embarassing. Right now I do chest and abs on tuesday, but really want to get my bench up. I will do whatever it takes. Right now my chest routine is.

20 pushups for warmup
    3x10 DB Incline Press
    2x10 BB Incline Press
    10 Pushups
    3x10 BB Flat Bench Press
    2x10 DB Flat Bench Press

Any help would be great!

tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tackler has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    powerlifting=

few reps heavy weight
    What time is it?!?!

Game-time!!

What time is it?!?

Game-time!!

Are da dawgs in da house!!??!?!

UHUHUHUHUHUH!!!!!

Let's go!!!!!!!

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crutex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    throw on some laquer and make sure the environment is complimentary.

A young man has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Suicide is your only option

supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500) supadave is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good link Milo

jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jino is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Re: Best Way to improve bench

Originally posted by tjohnsonr10
    I really need to get my bench up as it is really embarassing. Right now I do chest and abs on tuesday, but really want to get my bench up. I will do whatever it takes. Right now my chest routine is.

20 pushups for warmup
    3x10 DB Incline Press
    2x10 BB Incline Press
    10 Pushups
    3x10 BB Flat Bench Press
    2x10 DB Flat Bench Press

Any help would be great!
    What do you work chest with? If you work them with either tris or shoulders or both, you should not do that routine because all those pressing movements will be torture on your tris and shoulders! Instead of doubling up on the bench presses and incline press by doing both barbells and dumbells, just periodically switch between them instead because they're basically almost the same movement. For example:

you could do
    bb bench press 3 sets
    db incline press 3 sets
    leaning forward dip 3 sets

and soon when you get bored you could switch up to
    db bench press 3 sets
    bb incline press 3 sets
    leaning forward dips 3 sets

or something like that...

Make sure too that your are hitting your tris, shoulders, and back hard, as they all aid in benching. But before anything, you should check on your diet and see if you're eating enough. Eating is just a fact of life for most who want to strength and bulk. Other than that, just give it some time, because for some people, these kind of stuff just takes time, sometimes forever.

Registered User powerhouse21054's Avatar
    powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerhouse21054 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you want your bench to go up, i would first start off by doing flat bench first. Second, i would do 2-3 working sets of 4-6 reps. heavy weight plus low reps will give you nice size and strength.
    6' 245
    50 chest, 19 arms, 18 calves, 29 quads, 57 shoulders.

you gotta eat big to get big

hyp3r3xt3nsion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Best Way to improve bench

Originally posted by tjohnsonr10

20 pushups for warmup
    3x10 DB Incline Press
    2x10 BB Incline Press
    10 Pushups
    3x10 BB Flat Bench Press
    2x10 DB Flat Bench Press

Any help would be great!
    too much, drop the pushups and keep it simple:

3set incline db
    2set flat bb
    2set leaning-forward dips

if you want to improve your bench, look into powerlifting routines, periodization, as well as bench specific techniques like chain pressing, lockouts, and pause pressing

Caesarion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWestside bump!!
    Always long and hard. My workouts, I mean.