SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question 4 Week Bulk, 2 Week Cut Cycles?

Hey guys.... I have thought about implementing a routine that consists of 4 weeks of bulking and 2 weeks of cutting, then, either a week of rest, or continue the 4 week bulk, 2 week cut. My goal is to gain 3-4 lbs. during the bulk cycle and lose around 3-4 lbs. during the 2 week cut. This will enable me to lose a little weight while bulking up at the same time. I'll probably use DC's routine along with this program.

Let me know if any of you guys have a routine similar to this setup, or if think it's a good idea in the first place. Thanks!

=Dave
    Weight: 203 on June 15th

NPB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hrm, I dunno. For me there is a 1800 calorie difference between my cutting and bulking diets. Takes me usually several weeks to adjust to the new diet -- jumping back and forth like you are, I can't see how you're giving your body time to adjust to the increase/decrease in caloric intake.

Sounds like a very bad idea to me. If NRW jumps in and approves then you know for sure it's bad news.

nPB

f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10) f34r is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont think ****ing with your body like that is good..

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bulk until you think you're toting too much fat; cut until you think you are lean enough.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Some renowned member was using a diet cycle like this.... Maybe it was str8flexed? I'm not entirely sure...

My metabolism seems very sensitive to caloric change, so I don't think I'd have to adjust my food intake very much.

Any more input would be appreciated... Thanks!

-Dave

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    im with miloman
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.

Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter14 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by f34r
    I dont think ****ing with your body like that is good..
    how is taht ****ing with your body?

SoG, give it a try. Back in the summer I did 2 week bulking/cutting cycles and got pretty good results. Just make sure the calories are set right.

When do you begin DC?

Young

Well, I figure I'll start after I finish the rest of 3x3 up and after a week's rest, so I'll start the program June 1st. However, I might do a Max-OT 4 week cycle and cut for another month after 3x3, so I might start DC in July. I say I'm floating around 185 and by the end of 3x3, I hope to be roughly 180 (June 1st or so).

The whole reason why I want to do such short cycles is to keep my interest perked. I've been cutting since mid-January and so far I've lost 20 lbs., but I'm not to the level of leanness that I would like to be. BUT, constantly cutting and not seeing strength/mass gains sucks after nearly 3.5 months of cutting.

I figure if I gain 4 lbs. of mass on a strict diet during the 4-week bulk, then lose 4 lbs during the strict 2-week cut, I will experience both muscle/strength gain and fat loss, rather than going through againizing cut/bulk cycles. And if I'm doing the math correctly, I should stay around the same weight when I start the program, but my body fat percentage should be lowered, while my lean mass should be higher, after following the program for a significant amount of time.

I also was considering an 8 week bulk, 4 week cut, where I gain 8 lbs, and then lose 8 lbs. But, I think it would be cool to try something radically different than the accepted norms of bodybuilding, such as the 4 week bulk, 2 week cut program, in order to see if it works.

Thanks for your suggestions!

-Dave