Registered User bokchoy8hogmuin's Avatar
    bokchoy8hogmuin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question impossible to overtrain?

can you be overtraining and not even know it? i'm on glutamine and was wondering if its impossible to overtrain on it, because of its muscle recouperating qualiteis. also, i know the navy seals guys have to do some crazy ****, like workout the whole day doing verious exercices, and they only get a 4000 cal deit to keep them going, yet there still huge and strong so how come they arn't overtrained? finnaly, what are some sighns overtraining? thanks a bunch

collosus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seals have some pretty good backup when it comes to traing,all the latest info,top diet & everything you could ever need!
    It is very easy to overtrain without knowing,fatigue is a pretty good sign,if you want to be tough as nails but not huge get stuck into big time,but if you want to be BIG you have to calculate your workouts,diet & life in general!

Boa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: impossible to overtrain?

I reckon Collosus has a good point - these guys have all the best diet, training, nutrition etc...Not only that but these people are ELITE troops. This means that they've completed extremely tough tests of strength/endurance in order to be accepted into their units...in other words, not only do they have all the best diet, training etc. but they also have very good genetics too. Hence their ability to push themselves so hard...

I definately think that even Navy Seal types can and do overtrain. It's important to remember that overtraining is not so much fatigue of the structure of the muscles themselves as it is fatigue relating to the central nervous system - the system which drives the muscles. If you've been training hard for a long period (this period varies for everyone) sometimes the only thing that will really sort you out is taking a whole week (perhaps even two) off the weights. This is very hard for some people to do. They imagine losing huge amounts of size and strength and they'd rather just keep pushing. You won't lose any size in such a short period - perhaps a little apparent size due to the lack of pump that a recovering muscle has after a workout. And as for strength...as long as you get your mind in focus for that first workout after the layoff, I guarantee that you'll find yourself STRONGER in some or even many of your lifts than you were before. Let your body/nervous system rest once in a while...

BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000) BSMNT732 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Navy Seals can kick some ass, but they arent training to get bigger. So you cant really relate overtraining in the gym and not getting gains to what the seals do. Collosus is right, calculate your diet and routine and you'll get big.

Buffalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Seals aren't training for the same goals as us bodybuilders. They do tons of cardio and sure they do some weight trainging but i bet they dont keep adding plates to the bar every month like we do.

Lightbulb

mabe the seals and guys who train so much attain calaced muscles, you know, like the muscle that you get in your forarm from working it so much when you don't even know it. thats the kind of muscle i want all over my body, i don't want to be huge, just want to be solid iron man.

oh yeah, just wondering, if overtraining is from glutamine depleation then wouldn't that mean that if i could constantly refill my glutamine storage by supplementing it would be hard to overtrain? also, should i cycle my glutamine? thanks

Buffalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need to cycle glutamine, glutamine is just an amino acid , cycling it would be like cycling protein, which would be stupid and counter productive. Also overtraining is not the same as not having enough glutamine, although it can be a factor. It would be great if thats all overtraining was cos then you just stock your body up on glutamine and train everyday.

peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000) peterb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys
    You can over do anything.
    Here's a piece of an article that might help.

Overtraining results from an imbalance between the amount of stress applied to your body, and your ability to adapt to it. Overtraining results in losses in size and strength and actually also increases the probability of illness.

Here is a list of some of the symptoms of overtraining:

Decreased muscle size and strength
    Longer-than-average recovery time after a workout
    Elevated waking pulse rate
    Elevated morning blood pressure
    Increased joint and muscle aches
    Headaches
    Hand tremors
    Tiredness
    Listlessness
    Insomnia
    Loss or decrease in appetite